main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The ULTIMATE Mystery - Can YOU solve it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by billydeewilliams, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Dooku is Syfo-Dyas.

Jango Fett was hired by Dooku to have his DNA create a clone army. Now, either Dooku or a bounty hunter killed off Syfo-Dyas so they could use his name. Dooku used to be a Jedi, so he (being a Jedi) could have erased the systems.

Sorry, this time I think someone has three identities.

2. darth_jabba102

darth_jabba102 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    I think the big big plot twist is going to do with Qui Gon, and why he didn't disappear when he died.

3. Darth_me_

Darth_me_ Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Anakins didnt disappear when he dies either, but we know where he is at the end of the movie.

QG is not sifo-dyas, he cant be. Yoda, mace and obi know who he is. Yoda and Mace serve with him and Obi at least knows of who they are talking. He is dead, died before the TPM.

Dooku is tyranus, that we know for sure. The idenity of SIfo dyas is not exactly known, and is really conjecture at this point. IT cannot be Dooku if the clones were ordered before TPM, he doesnt leave the order till after QG dies, i believe. IF the clones are ordered after then that opens the door a bit.

Sifo could not be the sifo Yoda and Mace know, other then him dieing before TPM, he would not have been a sith apprentist as we have Maul, and presumeably Dooku soon after.

It seems complicated to have dooku pretend to be 3 people. Perhaps it was sidious? again 3 people, someone else on the council? maybe, but for there to be one wouldnt that make him/her a sith? as there is no such thing as *whispering* Dark Jedi.

Something to look forward to i think

4. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    I personally think Sifo-Dyas sounds like a slower pronounciation, with an added "f" of the name Sidious, sifo-dyas and sidious have just got a similar ring to it, maybe GL will shock you all in making the Palpatine/Emperor/Sidious/Sifo-Dyas mystery in giving him the first "3" Identities thing, instead of "2" as we all know most charecter's in the Star-Wars Saga holds "2" identities at some point...

Qui-Gon just screwed up on wanting to train anakin and forcing Obi-Wan to do this, he's really go no further play in the mystery of ordering a clone army.

Mace-Windu is just to close to Yoda at all times, Yoda would sense anything of Mace if he was to be a so called Dark Jedi, Mace is no Palpatine, I dont think he could cloud Yoda's vision, being as Yoda is more stronger than Mace will ever be.

Darth Maul, an honourable and trusting apprentice to Darth Sidious, someone that also died 10 year's ago, before AOTC, could be him that ordered the clone army, and also could of been apart of the Jedi Order a long time ago before getting in league with Palpatine.

Darth Tyranus, could take the place of Sidious by being the 1st person in the Star-Wars Saga to hold "3" Identities instead of "2" just to make an even more bigger and shocking twist, its likely he could of ordered the consctruction of a clone army, but also very unlikely.

Hard to solve this mystery is, blinded we are by the truth, the force is strong with George Lucas, I think there's clues pointing from all directions mis-leading and leading you to the truth behind this, you'll never really know until Episode-3, until then we can only assume, just everyone has got there own little part in this and it could be ANYONE that ordered the creation of the clone army.

Could be Anakin *Cough, Cough* - I'm joking:)

5. Billy_Dee_Williams

Billy_Dee_Williams Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2002
    According to the original post, no one character can have 3 identies. In the same post it is said that Han is of course himself and poses as an Imperial General in ROTJ, but Han also pretend to be a storm troop in ANH.

So....
    Han
    Imperial General
    Storm Trooper

unless I'm mistaken that the end of that chapter.

6. MrQuiet84

MrQuiet84 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    what about artoo and chewbacca? they're pretty important characters, what are their dual identities?

7. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    He didn't say that ALL the characters had dual identities only that every twist in SW has used this theme.

8. Just_plain_Yogurt

Just_plain_Yogurt Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Dooku has to be Sifo-Dyas. Jango says that he was recruited by a man named Tyrannus, who we know to be Dooku. So Dooku must have placed the order for the Clone army.

9. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    There is certainly an example of someone taking on more than two identities in the movies: Han Solo.

Han Solo disguises himself as a stormtrooper in ANH and disguises himself as a Navy Trooper in ROTJ to fool the Imperials to open the back door to the bunker.

Three identities.

10. SupertonesStrikeBack

SupertonesStrikeBack Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2001
    hey, i just been thinking about this and haven't been able to shake it out of my mind. since we're on the tangent about the "dual identities" and their importance in the star wars mythos, here's what i came up with one night. george lucas never had to bring back nute gunray. he's such an irrelevent character, as far as we know, and his role could easily have been filled by any other neimoidian stepping up as viceroy. and yet, lucas makes sure to make nute gunray re-appear in AOTC, and goes so far as to tell us that he has been tried in the supreme courts FOUR TIMES, every time, coming out on top. AND since we know nute gunray was once in league with darth sidious and is no in league with darth tyranus/dooku, and since we all AGREE that creation of a clone army costs money, it all adds up.

1.) nute gunray has little significance that makes his re-immergence in AOTC VITAL.
    2.) to date, nute gunray does not have 2 identities that we are aware of
    3.) nute is in charge of the Trade Federation and obviously has the financial resources to cover the expense of a clone army.
    4.) nute gunray interacts (even blindly?) with the dark lords sidious, maul, and tyrannus/dooku.

food for thought. why else should lucas have made him reappear in this movie?

11. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    My take on this whole "mystery":

From the movie:

Obi-Wan: (Speaking to Lama Su) "Master Sifo-Dyas was killed almost ten years ago!"

Obi-Wan: (Speaking to Yoda and Mace) "They say that Master Sifo-Dyas placed the order for a clone army at the request of the Senate almost ten years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that. Did the council ever authorize the creation of a clone army?"

Mace Windu: "No. Whoever placed that order did not have the authorization of the Jedi Council."

From this dialog, it seems clear to me that Sifo-Dyas was killed about ten years ago and shortly thereafter, someone claiming to be Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army.

From what we have seen of the manner in which Dooku works and the fact that he was once a prominent Jedi Master who now is secretly a Sith Lord, I believe it is safe to deduct that Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas and then used his name when placing the clone army order. By using a real Jedi's name, it would create a "real" audit trail in case the order was ever placed under investigation. If he used a fake name, the clone army may never have been made since a fake name wouldn't pass the Kaminoans "credit check" so to speak. Also, if the name of a leading member of the Jedi Council was connected to the order, it would cause much less suspicion than if a no-name person was suddenly asking for a million-unit army to be created for himself.

Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu did not place orders for Clone Armies and neither one of them is a traitor or working for Darth Sidious. George Lucas created Star Wars to serve as a modern myth and inspiration for young people. He is not going to cloud good and evil for young people. Jedi are good, Sith are bad. Period. If the Jedi are shown as working for the bad guys, then why would the audience feel any sympathy for them when they are slaughtered in Episode III? Why would the audience care whether or not Luke succeeds in becoming a Jedi Knight in Episode V and VI if we have already been told that the Jedi were in league with the Dark Lord of the Sith anyway? Why call Episode VI "Return of the Jedi" unless it really stood for something good? Why would it be significant that Anakin destroys the Sith Master and becomes a Jedi again unless the Jedi really and truly stood for the force of good in universe?

This is why I don't believe Lucas will taint the image of the Jedi by having a prominent member such as Qui-Gon or Mace betray them. It works for Dooku since we never get to know him as a good Jedi first. He was a Jedi in good standing off screen. We first get to know Dooku as a secessionist leader and Sith Lord.

12. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Just a quick footnote to the duel personality of Darth Maul.In the SHADOWHUNTER novel he says that he has only ever known the name of Darth Maul but I have recently read on the net that his real name is Kathomir Sarin.Can anyone shead any light on this as I cant seem to find any official thread that confirms this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.