I.E., CA The " Ultimate" Trilogy

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by koopakilla2003, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koopakilla2003 Jedi Knight

So I finally get around to reading some of the news on the main page and I looked over some of the possible rumors for a re-release of the original 3 movies, and I wanted to puke. I read the parts of adding music from the prequels into the scenes and changing classic shots from the movie. It saddens me to hear of the possible destruction of these masterpieces. Some examples would be putting a shot of yoda in episode IV, and changing all the stormtrooper voices to that of Jango clones. WHY? I guess Lucas just wants to eradicate any kind of continuity and re-write the whole friggin thing. Having rebels use old noobian ships and putting the duel of fates in the vader obi-wan scene...BLAURGH...sorry where was I? oh yeah, Yoda being CG, changing boba fetts voice, CG ewoks, and making the dying vader become unmasked to show HAYDEN FRICKIN CHRISTENSON!!! WHY!!! Im sure this would probably piss off alot of other fans, (except the crappy people who think Jar Jars humor was well placed.) and the sad part is, if these are all true George wouldn't even consider the fans...it angers me. If he truly does this to the greatest epic of all time, I swear on my lightsaber that I will RENOUNCE my faith in the force for good.

I really want to hear what you other fans think, so you should read the article...man, it like finding out your dog got hit by a car.
  2. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Before everyone starts freaking out, these are rumors. That's all. Half of the changes are far too drastic to even be contemplated, some however are very necessary (fixed sabers, Ian as ESB Emperor, etc).
    It'd be nice for once for people to just chill and let things go. In the end, these are George's movies, so if he wants to do these things, he will.
  3. koopakilla2003 Jedi Knight

Actually they are all false, a new article has been posted saying that the trilogy will remain its self, a huge relief. As far as it being georges movies I believe they were his ideas, but after these things are around for 30 years and are set in stone you cant go changing it. The fact is they are OUR movies, the fans are the ones that made it popular and into the huge universe it is. If all directors went back and did that kind of stuff to all movies their would be no classics, just imagine chris tucker in the godfather, or having marty mc fly be recasted as sean williams scott. thats scary.

im relieved...Its like finding out that the dog that got hit by the car wasnt yours, but your neighbors.
  4. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    just imagine chris tucker in the godfather, or having marty mc fly be recasted as sean williams scott.

You're talking about totally remaking a film. The small changes that are necessary (like the ones I listed) should take place in order to make everything seem streamlined throughout the saga.
    People complained that the effects were too good in the prequels, so why not go through the older films and make the worst of 'em match up? Does anyone honestly prefer the wacked out Emperor in ESB to Ian McDiarmind?

Something else I've always wondered. If, say 20 years down the line, they decided to go back and edit out some of Jar Jar, would those opposed to CT changes be opposed to that as well? Something to think about.
  5. koopakilla2003 Jedi Knight

I think that movies should be kept the way they were originally made, other than restoring the film quality to put it on cd to keep it intact i think films should just stay the way they were made. I do think the technology was more advanced in the new movies but im talking about the technology not the graphics or sfx. also, there was a supposed technological change in the galaxy in between the events of the six movies, constant war will do that, and it cause technology to recede a little, the things about the technology in the new ones i dont like are things like the elephant walker type craft you see on geonosis, since the walker were not invented or used until hoth. I do like technology like the jedi star fighter which makes sense in the story line since they were supposed to be the basis for the A wings. And yes jar jar did suck but now that hes here I dont think you should get rid of him, just dont talk about him, like the one family member everyone has.
    I just dont want the original story to get so far off its not the same anymore, and re-releasing a movie each time you come up with an idea is only to sell more toys. imagine having a series of books come out, then having prequels to those which contradict the originals then re-releasing the books with just extra stuff because you didnt have time before. it just doesnt seem right. and the whole univeerse is centralised in one giant coincidence. what next? we find out jar jar made r2 who killed jabbas father or something else tying all the characters to themselves.
  6. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I do think the technology was more advanced in the new movies but im talking about the technology not the graphics or sfx. also, there was a supposed technological change in the galaxy in between the events of the six movies, constant war will do that, and it cause technology to recede a little,

-I'm talking about the special f/x in the films themselves. There's nothing wrong with matching laser blasts and lightsabers to the much better effects in the prequels.

the things about the technology in the new ones i dont like are things like the elephant walker type craft you see on geonosis, since the walker were not invented or used until hoth.

-The AT-TEs were predecessors to the AT-ATs. The AT-ATs didn't just spring up out of nowhere. Thanks to the prequels, this is another item from the saga whose history is explained not in lines but in visuals. These cool little tie-ins are abundant throughout the new films. Saying that they didn't exist before that is just a preconceived notion from only believing the OT.

I do like technology like the jedi star fighter which makes sense in the story line since they were supposed to be the basis for the A wings.

-As far as I know, they weren't the basis for the A-Wings. They were made by Sienar Fleet Systems who later on designed the TIE fighters. Note the Jedi starfighter's lack of hyperdrive, just like the TIEs.

And yes jar jar did suck but now that hes here I dont think you should get rid of him, just dont talk about him, like the one family member everyone has.

-Pretending he doesn't exist is wrong. He is as much a part of Star Wars as Chewie is - with, I must say, a more impactful role (he started the Clone Wars).

I just dont want the original story to get so far off its not the same anymore, and re-releasing a movie each time you come up with an idea is only to sell more toys.

-These new movies add to the story, not detract from it. All the little mysteries from the OT are explained throughout. These are made to be a back story, not to sell toys. If anything, the original trilogy was made to make money. Lucas has more money than he could ever spend right now. These films are to give a back story to his life's work, not for cash.

imagine having a series of books come out, then having prequels to those which contradict the originals

-Nothing from the prequels contradicts anything from the OT.

then re-releasing the books with just extra stuff because you didnt have time before.

-Not time, technology. Lucas made the special editions because he didn't have the technology to create the scenes he wanted originally. Once that tech came around, he jumped on the chance to finish his films, not ruin them.
  7. koopakilla2003 Jedi Knight

let me clarify some of the things i was saying

*i wasn't saying that we should pretend jar jar doesnt exsist. I was just saying that i wouldn't want to talk about him PERSONALY. (ep II jarjar WAS important and toned down, but the jarjar from ep I is someone i dont want to bring up if I dont have to.)

*as far as the elephant walkers go, as far as i knew (before ep II) the walkers were a new secret project headed and developed my Veers which would explain why the rebels had never seen them or knew how to fight them. I could believe that they "just popped up" if they were a new weapon.

*I also am fine with little things changed like lightsabers having no shadows and the white boxes removed from ships, bwhat i wouldnt like to see is something like yoda being re-done in CG. frank oz gave that character ALL its personality, his hands are what created yodas facial expressions. I know that he may not be capable of screaming or whatever people want know days but you used to not notcie those things.

*as far as continuity there is one thing that comes to mind. Making stormtroopers have clone trooper voices would have been, as far as i have known forever, incorrect. As far as i knew (which i guess is next to nothing) was that the storm troopers by then were imperial recruits and all the surviving clone troopers became Palpatines red robed royal guards.

* i also still feel it would be better if all the main characters werent so tied into each other, i know these are the central people in the galaxy but come on, anikan made c3po? and r2d2 happening to get involved with all these people twice in a life time? i know they are great characters but i didnt think they needed to be there. I would have been more entertaining if you introduced a new heroic astromech droid maybe an r4? I cant even see how they made it off geonosis.
  8. Legolas_Black Jedi Knight

they better not change anything!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.