main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students, Part IV

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Jul 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Is the tournament nearly over?
    I'm trying to decide if one of my characters is gonna leave before then or wait it out.

2. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Indigestion?!?!?

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, we need K'vel and Obi Dearest to fight (the latter will win ;) ) and i guess Ken and someone are fighting.

HURRY UP!!!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    POST THE FIGHTS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

5. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes, please!
    Kresa, weren't you writing a fight scene btwn. Obi-Wan and K'vel? Please post that soon!

6. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    Okay, I -was- trying to give Jane a chance to post, but if since people seem to be in a hurry, here's the final fight. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bacta washed away and bandages removed, Obi-wan and K'vel both stepped up onto the mat to face each other. Both young men had expressions of extreme determination on their faces as they bowed to the masters serving as judges and then each other.

Two identical bright blue blades snap-hissed into existence and the boys lunged toward each other the fight reaching a furious pitch within seconds. Both Kirstan and Qui-gon held their breath, thinking that maybe the match everyone had been anticipating might just be over in less than 30 seconds. The combatants and their weapons were moving so quickly it was hard to tell which blade belonged to which boy.

After 45 seconds of close quarters sparring, the boys jumped apart. Everyone could see that both had been kissed by the other's blade, but there were no serious wounds and nothing that could be called a kill point.

K'vel and Obi-wan stared across the mat at each other, cinnamon eyes boring into clear blue. Everyone watching could feel their wills clashing in the space between them, the air was charged and crackled with the energy being expended. A hush fell over the crowd. It was almost like watching some of the senior knights sparring.

Kirstan glanced at Qui-gon, then squeezed Nicholae's hand and silently cheered for K'vel. Only the breathing of hundreds of watching beings was heard within the arena as the two young men battled each other.

Jane watched, tense, torn between cheering for K'vel or Obi-wan, her new . . . friend? or her psuedo-brother.

And then, suddenly, as if it had never happened, the charge in the air was gone and both padawans flashed back into motion. Around and around the mat they went, to the gasping and cheering of the crowd. The balance of the match, the momentum, shifted back and forth between the boys as they swung and parried, ducked, jumped and rolled.

K'vel ducked a wicked swing from Obi-wan and then drove forward to avoid the back-swing as Obi-wan reversed suddenly. He leapt to his feet and charged ahead before Obi-wan could set himself and bowled the smaller padawan off balance, forcing Obi-wan to stay on the defensive. K'vel chopped short, hard blows at Obi-wan, keeping the moves tight, focused, controlled. The shortness of the movements made them fast, but they were also confined to a rather small area, making them easier to block.

Being smaller than K'vel, Obi-wan was fractionally faster, though not as strong. It looked like this match could go on until the Masters were forced to decide again.

K'vel backed Obi-wan around the mat, staying on the offensive, keeping the smaller boy moving and unable to set himself for an effective counter attack.

((flips coin))

Obi-wan stopped blocking. Instead of whipping his sabre around to block the latest of K'vel's wicked chopping blows, he chanced, and got, a slight glancing singe down his back as he skipped out of range. He used the time he had gained with distance and surprise to set himself and begin his own offensive.

It was K'vel's turn now to back up before the aggressor, to be on the defensive, and he didn't like it. He could feel Obi-wan building his momentum.

Jane, he remembered, Jane and Kirstan were counting on him. K'vel blocked and then pushed hard against the blades, trying to force Obi-wan away. Obi-wan gave with the force, robbing it of it's effectiveness, then came right back in. K'vel grimaced. *Qui-gon's the best, remember? His padawan is bound to know some tricks you don't.*

And then suddenly it was over. Obi-wan's blade was mere inches from K'vel's chest and the taller boy's sabre was nowhere near close enough to block. There was no reason left even to try.

"Kill point."

7. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    WHHoohoo. Obi-Wan won! YEAH! That was a great post. Just so you know I'm not in a hurry. I think someone needs to write the Master's sparring. Now that would be exciting.

8. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Good for Obi-Wan, it's about time he showed he was good at something :) besides, K'vel has Jane to comfort him..

Great post Kresa!

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh, yes...I forgot that the Masters are now supposed to spar. Great post, Kresa!

Garen, Ane and Cassel all cheered thunderously when the Master called the kill point in favor of Obi-Wan. Cassel was impressed. Obi-Wan used the lightsaber like it was an extension of his arm. He didn't even show a hint of clumsiness when he was in the arena.

As Garen and Ane began to move down to congratulate their friend, Cassel glanced at his chrono and realized the time.

"I've gotta go" he said quickly to the two padawans.

"But you'll miss the Masters sparring. They always give a great show" Ane objected.

"I have to get back and finish something up" Cassel explained as he turned to walk in the other direction. "Congratulate Obi-Wan for me. I'll catch you guys later" he called as he raced out.

"What do you think he had to finish up in such a hurry?" Garen asked.

Ane shrugged. "Beats me. Let's go say hi."

10. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    *smiles happily* Thank you, all. :) I love writing stuff like that. :)

11. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Kirstan sat rooted to her seat. Half of her wanted to congratulate her "little brother" and half of her wanted to go console her padawan. Master Yoda made her decision for her. He called the knights and masters into the arena.

Mentally thwacking him with his own gimer stick, she smiled at Nicholae. "Would you go check on K'vel? I'm sure Jane will come with you."

Without waiting for an answer, she dashed down the steps to the arena. She wouldn't have worried so much about being on time, but she was in the first match.

//Padawan. I am proud of you.//

Crinkling her nose at his lack of reply, she patted Obi-Wan's shoulder as they passed.

Stretching quickly, she wondered if they shouldn't just coronate Qui-Gon every year. It would certainly save the rest of them the burn marks and bacta pads.

(I was thinking that lumping the masters and knights together would make it go faster. Maybe we could set up some type of final four competitors like we did with the padawans, and I would, but I wouldn't know who to put in. So... moral of this story being - would someone help me think of appropriate masters and knights to have left towards the end.)

12. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    Alex, Nraakys, Qui-gon, Ken? Is he competing?, umm, Zare (now that she's a knight), can't really think of anyone else, but that doesn't mean there -isn't- anyone else. :)

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Grr, my mom will be taking the computer for most of the night!! :-(

Go, Obi! Go, Obi! *does a dance and pumps her arms*

Sari let out a low whistle. "Master, would be so kind as to tell Knight Maol and Master Windu to NEVER pair me up with those two?"

Kithera laughed as she watched Obi-Wan being surrounding by his fans, the majority female. The boy looked exhausted and ready to collapse, but clearly elated. The past two years he had been on missions during this time and hadn't the chance to win yet and before he'd been sorely beaten by the more advanced padawans. "Just something to ripen his ego," she said fondly. "Um, Sari, you can walk around, but I need to converse with the other Masters."

"Lost credits, did you?" Sari replied cheekily.

Kithera scowled, then giggled. "Ssh, don't tell anyone."

"Oh, that's right, it's a big secret," Sari nodded. She watched the Knight bounce off, shaking her head and grinning. Then she turned and searched the crowd for her friends. Everyone she knew or recognized was surrounding Obi-Wan, the Padawan completely hidden amongst the throng. She ambled over with nothing else to do.

"Hi, Sari," Meri greeted cheerfully. She stood at the edge of the group, having already bothered Obi-Wan. "Like that, did you?"

Sari nodded. "Yup, but I think the masters will not be pleased with me. I've had several requests to stand in Obi's path of destruction. I didn't."

Meri laughed. "Myabe it'll teach them not to gamble. Jedi are terrible gamblers sadly."

Sari laughed. "I bet you all do great on the craps table though."

The Padawan laughed, then suddenly darted her eyes around the crowd. "The Masters will begin soon."

"Is yours fighting?"

"Yes," Meri said, apprehension evident in her eyes. "He's really good."

"Well, I guess I wish him luck then," Sari said politely.

"Thanks." Meri darted off somewhere, probably to find her Master. Sari was suddenly thirsty and she went off to grab a waterbottle from the refreshment stand. A large chest fridge of water bottles and other nourishments was free to anyone who wanted some. She took a bottle and snapped the cap, took a long drink, and sighed contently. This was much better than the hospital.

" . . . you are SO awesome! Wow, I could never fight that well--"

"um . . ."

"I mean, K'vel's good and all, but you're just really really good . . ."

"thanks . . ."

Sari turned her head to find a pretty burnette (an exchange student judging how there was no Padawan braid) trying to wrap herself on Obi-Wan's arm. The Padawan looked ready to collapse and ready to snap. He was clearly heading for the water, but was now hesitant with Sari there. She took a bottle and tossed it to him, wondering briefly if it would hit the gushing girl. Obi-Wan caught it, then shot her a desperate, pleading look.

//I should let him suffer . . .// she thought. But Sari wasn't *that* cruel. "I think Master Rinani wanted to speak with you, Obi-Wan," Sari said loudly. "It's REALLY important. Something about your old skin disease and how the vaccination's effectiveness expired last week."

The girl suddenly paled and took a quick step away. "Er, um. I have to go. Homework. yes." She turned and ran, nearly colliding with a Knight.

Obi-Wan gave Sari a look of pure exasperation, but also surprise. Cali had used the same tactic on him once. "Am I suppose to thank you for that?" he snapped.

"She ran away didn't she?" Sari asked, raising an eyebrow. "You do have a gratitude problem, don't you?"

The Padawan sighed, grunted, then took a long drink of water. The bottle was almost empty when he finally breathed again.

"Oh, yes, you might want to change your tunics right away," Sari said sweetly. "Perfume and sweat does not mix well. It's like being in a sweaty meadow."

Obi-Wan gave her a curious look, then scowled at the hidden insult. "Can you talk without laughing at my expense?"

"I'm sorry," Sari said cheerfully. "But I'm just blending in with the atmosp

14. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    The first of the two matches was set. Nraakys would face Knight Maol. The knight had surprised a few, but most of the master's were all to conscious of the type of fighter he had been to underestimate him now. Against Nraakys? No one was going to hold their breath.

Two matches remained to secure the second of the bouts. Alex and Qui-Gon were preparing to face off in the ring, and them Kirstan would have her turn against Zare.

The announcement of *that* match had sent Nicholae scurring for the stands. Apparently bravery in the face of women wasn't one of his strengths. Of course, the face that she hadn't seen K'vel since his match, or Jane for that matter, did bother her a little.

Turning her attention to the ring, Kirstan watched as the two men bowed to each other - and then attacked with fury. This should have been the final match, no one would doubt that, but the force had other ideas. Neither was scoring a hit, and then in rapid succession, both did. Alex pulled back to stab in for a kill point, and Qui-Gon had whirled towards him. The end result wwas two sabers resting on the ground and two matching shoulder burns.

Qui-Gon recovered faster, the saber leaping into his hand, just in time to flip the blade back on and earn a kill point. The match ended, and more bets were evened up with Yoda than on any other match. If you were going to bet, make it interesting, might have been the logic.

Kirstan surveyed Zare as their match was called. Visions of K'vel's burns and bruises teased in her mind for a moment. Pushing them out she admonished herself, *You were doing this when she was in the creche. Get ahold of yourself.*

Six minutes later, Kirstan started to wonder if she was insane. *There is no way I can win this.* The entire battle had consisted of her throwing up a wall of blocks and hoping the young knights saber didn't managed to make a hole in it. So far she had been lucky. So far, she had yet to get an attack in.

Knowing that she would very soon be too tired to continue, she decided to make her move while she had the chance. Dropping smoothly to the ground, she arched her saber towards the girl's feet. Zare anticipated the move and lept up out of the way. She didn't anticipate what happened next.

Kirstan took advantage of Zare's elevation to roll beneath her. Both reached their feet simultaneously, the difference was, Zare now faced the wrong direction.

In a split second, both struck out. Zare whirling with her saber, the parry uncontrolled. Kirstan pulling up, her saber touching the girl's neck an instant before she felt the burn in her side.

The roar in her ears drowned out the announcement of 'kill point' as the arena pitched back and forth and she sank to her knees. Sturggling to focus, Kirstan was briefly aware of Rani kneeling at her side, and someone calling for An-Paj. After that, nothing.

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I can see An-Paj now.

An: Is it Kenobi?
    No, Master Healer, but we did you bring you an old favorite.

An: But I want Kenobi!

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, bloody hell, I'll post something! Someone hurry up and finish the fights now!!!

"I am very proud of you, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said quietly when the crowd finally left the boy alone. And when everyone had finally left him alone as well. It was quite a buzz to have a Master and Padawan pair compete so successfully.

Obi-Wan smiled tiredly and almost yawned. He hadnded his water bottle to his resting Master. "You'll be them all, Master. Like Padawan like Master, right?"

Qui-Gon chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair. It was wet from sweat and the bucket of water Meri had dumped on him earlier. Obi-Wan scowled and tried to fix the mess, but only succeeded in making his spiky hair stick even more on end.

"You learned a lesson didn't you, Master?" Obi-wan said smugly. "Not to bet against your own padawan?"

Qui-Gon chuckled. "There are two Kenobi pools, Padawan. One on your skill in the ring, and the other on your . . . directional traveling in the hallways. Betting on both is a sure bet, but most bet heavily on the latter."

Obi-Wan grimaced, then sat back against the wall and closed his eyes for a moment. He remembered how K'vel had quickly found Jane and how the girl had been quick to comfort him. She hadn't once come up and told him congratulations. It hurt a little, because he rather liked Jane--once he had his room back of course and his master wasn't busy getting her out of some mess. But seeing her and K'vel together gave him pains of jealousy. Cali should be here giving him an encouraging kiss and whooping loudly when he won. Not some starry-eyed girls and the Happy Harem. He groaned, his own mind sounded like her at times. It was becoming too painful to even listen to someone tease him. Sari's teasing reminded him too much of Cali and it took every ounce of control not to snap at her or take off like before.

"Force, I miss her so much," Obi-Wan whispered to himself, forgetting that Qui-Gon was right beside him.

I believe I must surrender the computer to the Boss.

17. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    Has anyone seen Jane? She doesn't sem to have been around recently. Is she feeling alright?

18. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    She's been on a trip, and she can't post very regularyly.

And I apologize to Amidolee. We're all writing as fast as we can.

19. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Maybe this is kind of late...
    And I didn't know who was in control of Garen, so I just sort of used him in this post. Is that okay?

Yara made her way through the crowd, trying to find Balin who should have been warming up in anticipation of his first match. She had been amazed by all the padawans? skill, and their speed. They were unbelievably fast. It took Yara all her energy just to drag herself out of bed in the mornings, and here were people her own age leaping over one another?s heads.

She had watched Ieron?s win, cheering as loudly as she could, and then, after congratulating the girl, she had gone to watch the finals. She had been so excited from the last fight, and from the tense atmosphere, that she had just cheered for nobody in particular.

Finally she came upon Balin, who was drinking from a bottle of water and bouncing around on the spot at the same time, lightsaber in hand.

?I just came to wish you good luck,? Yara said. ?Are you feeling okay? Nervous??

?Oh, I?m fine. Fine. I?ll be fine.? The man?s eyes scanned the arena. ?Can?t wait to get started, in fact. Can?t wait.?

Yara raised an eyebrow, doubtfully. ?Are you sure you?re feeling okay??

The young man sat on the ground and began stretching out towards his toes. ?Sure, sure. Couldn?t be better.?

She looked at the sweat that was running off his face, and the damp patches on his tunic. Somehow, she didn?t think physical exertion was all that was causing them. ?I think you?ve done enough warming up for now. You don?t want to tire yourself out before the match even starts.?

The man gave a hollow laugh. ?But this is just the warm-up for the warm-up!? he almost shouted. ?Next I?m going to jog around the arena a few times, then I?ve got to find someone to practise with~? His eyes got wider as he spoke.

Yara was silent for a moment. ?Erm, okay. I?ll just? leave you to it, then.?

Balin gave a rather wonky salute. ?Okay-dokey! I want to see you at the front, cheering me on!?

The girl stood for a few moments, watching as the knight began throwing himself into squat-thrusts on the ground, before shaking her head and moving away. She would be at the front when it was Balin?s turn to spar, but perhaps it would be a good idea to have the healers on standby with a stretcher too.

After fifteen minutes of milling around in search of a drink of water, Yara had finally found it. However, quite a queue had built up and she was standing in line patiently. She wished it would hurry, however- it was almost time for Balin to spar and she wanted to get a good view.

?Oh, come on,? she whispered impatiently, standing on her tiptoes to see how far in front of her the line stretched.

?You want to get a good seat for the knights? sparring too, huh??

Yara started at the voice from behind her and turned around, to see a good-looking boy with a friendly smile, extending a hand for her to shake. ?I?m Garen,? he grinned.

?Yara. My master?s up pretty soon, I don?t want to be late.?

?Same here.?

?Well, if you?re master?s up against a knight named Balin Darrow, tell him to go easy on him.? She smiled. ?He?s kind of? freaking out. Very nervous.?

?That bad??

?Worse. At least, I hope it?s nerves. Either that or he?s been taking something.?

The boy laughed. ?I bet he?ll be fine.?

Yara raised her eyebrows. ?If you could see him, I don?t think you?d be so sure.?

Just then, a voice rang out through the arena. The girl turned round.

?Yara! Helloooo!? Balin was jogging through the crowd, waving frantically above the sea of faces. ?Over here!?

Excusing herself, the girl began to push her way towards her master. He stopped in front of her, but continued to jog on the spot. His hair was spiky with sweat, and he had an insane grin plastered across his face. ?Master, are you okay?!?

?Wonderful! I?m ready to go out there and kick some serious butt!?

?You look? kind of? worn out.?

20. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    Ah. In that case. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~

K'vel stepped wearily off the mats just in time to clear out of the way of the mad horde rushing to congratulate Obi-wan. It had been a close match. Maybe not as close as the one between himself and Ane, but it had still been close. K'vel frowned a little. He'd never done this well before, and he should have been happy, but he wasn't. He'd let his master down. He'd let Jane down.

Grabbing a dry towel from a bench as he moved past, K'vel made a bee-line for the exit. He needed to get away from the noise and center himself before Kirstan started fighting. He needed to be there for his master, especially after letting her down so badly.

Half way to the door, Jane intercepted him. "K'vel that was wonderful!" she exclaimed.

"Wonderful?" his tone was puzzled as he scrubbed at himself with the towel. "Jane, I lost."

"Yes, but it was such a narrow thing. And after a match like the one you and Ane fought, it's amazing that you had enough strength left to even lift your sabre, let alone fight so well against Obi-wan," Jane explained to him, patiently, as if to a small tired child. "And that battle of wills! I thought you both were going to spontaneously combust or something."

K'vel sighed. She was right, of course, but it still didn't feel that way. He could sense the flickers of disappointment in his link with Kirstan. It wasn't the best feeling in the world.

"K'vel, you've been so busy recently, what with Insei, and the wedding, and moving and finals and everything. Is it really so surprising that you were a little off in your fighting? I'm sure that if you had both been fresh you'd have beaten Obi-wan," she declared.

"Thank you, Jane." K'vel finally smiled and relaxed a little, no longer hurrying to get as far from the arena as possible before anyone else spotted him. "Still, I just wish . . ." he trailed off, leaving it unsaid.

Jane knew what he meant though. She'd seen the hope and then the crest fallen look on Master Lien's face. K'vel had wanted to do it for his master and Jane knew that she would have felt the same way in his place.

"So, just who won that battle of wills?"

K'vel smiled at her again, with some real amusement behind the expression this time. "Obi-wan is a better fighter than I am," he replied.

"That doesn't answer my question," Jane protested.

"No, it doesn't," K'vel laughed.

They walked slowly through the corridors that circled the arena, talking quietly, holding hands, just enjoying each other's company. They could hear the roars of the spectators as the Knights and Masters started their matches. K'vel knew that Kirstan would do well in the opening bouts, so he didn't hurry back in. There would be time enough to cheer for her and congratulate her later.

Suddenly, the link was shot with surprise, a little barely registering pain, confusion. K'vel staggered, and turned to Jane, concern and a little fear etching his features. Jane looked back at him confused as well, but he didn't have time to explain.

"Master!" he exclaimed, then raced off into the arena, Jane trying valiantly to keep up with him. K'vel pushed his way through the crowd, and hurried to the where the healers were huddled around Kirstan. The young man dropped to his knees next to her, hardly noticing Nicholae across from him, and grabbed her hand.

"Master?"

K'vel glanced around at the healers. "What's wrong?! What happened?"

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry, guys, like Jedi Daphne said, I'm on holiday and I can't post as often as I'd like. You are all so fast, and I'm so slow!

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I know how you feel Jane. Twice I would have liked to post but before I could the story was moved onward. Ohhh well. Fast moving thread and not a bad thing.*G* I work in the afternoons so by the time I get home its like WHOA look how much was written.

I would also like to ask though in the nicest way, that those authors who are in a huge hurry could please not rush the rest of us slow pokes about posting. I've always thought writting for this thread should be fun and personally, if someone is rushing me when I write, it just detracts from the post quality. Hope I didn't offend anyone, just my two cents worth to be ignored or taken into account.

Kresa you write those fights scenes wonderfully. You have a real talent for that. :)

23. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    <bg> It's all in knowing your subject, JKOW. :) I took Tae Kwon Do for over 5 years, and have taken fencing and stage combat since then. :) As my creative writing teachers are always saying, "Write what you know." And what I know is violence. :)

24. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    This injury is based on a true story, as experience by myself. Warning: Marching band can be hazardous to your health! ~But I still love it anyway.... ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arms crossed, face dark, Ieron sat on the infirmary bed being prodded by An-Paj. He had been looking her over for what seemed like an eternity, which was only lengthened when he?d gone to retrieve something and had seen Obi-Wan. Lina had found the whole situation humorous, though she was a healer and inclined to find padawans with aversions such as herself great entertainment. She?d seen the exchange of credits, and the crest-fallen healer at the other padawan?s departure. So, when the blue-skinned zealot returned to her, he was even more enthusiastic with her.

?All right, take off your boots, I want to check your feet. And then, once you?ve gotten your bacta, you?ll be free to go, unless I find something major. By the way, how?ve you been sleeping?? he tossed in, as Ieron began to unlace her boots.

She looked at him curiously, having almost forgotten the incident. ?Well enough,? she replied vaguely. As a general rule, once she got to bed, she was so exhausted that she simply fell into a deep and dreamless sleep. Ieron knew that she probably pushed herself too hard, but she enjoyed the challenge. Besides, no one else seemed to notice.

Her boots off, a commotion was heard in the hall. An-Paj turned to see the wreckage out there. Ieron followed, feeling a dull ache in her right foot as she shadowed him.

In the hall stood Yara and Garen, supporting Balin between them. He was panting and sweaty. ?He?s suffering from exhaustion,? the girl explained quickly.

?Oh, all right,? An-Paj replied. He turned and nearly ran over Ieron, who was standing directly behind him. ?Get back in there! I don?t feel like chasing you down again,? he told her heatedly.

?I keep telling you, I?m fine?? Ieron began, shifting her weight onto her right foot. ?Ouch!? The cry of pain was out of her lips before she realized it. Taking the pressure off of it, she inspected her foot to see if she could discern the problem. Receiving the evil eye from the Master Healer, Ieron slunk back into her examination room, where An-Paj looked over her foot.

?You?ve irritated the tendon here,? he commented, pointing to the fleshy area below the ball of her foot.

?If you tell me I need crutches and overnight observation, I?m running away and taking the next shuttle to Bespin,? Ieron replied.

?Nope, just bacta, and elevate it for this evening. Stay off the foot, though it?s only for one night. And hot water wouldn?t hurt.? Ieron sighed and shook her head dismally. ?I?ll go send someone to find Tobias for you.?

Ieron grunted irately in response, not having any reply to that. //At least it?s not anything too serious?//

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm an Aries, so I can be impatient. Sorry, I don't mean to rush, it's just that Lywn-nya have been plotting together the past week and were going to carry it out, but this whole arena thing's setting us back. Sorry!!!

So . . . what happened to Kirstan???? Huh, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.