main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultra stressed Jedi Students.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lalika, Aug 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Hey, thanks Jane for give me an open for inspiration

A loud snap echoed in the Room of a Thousand Waterfalls, and Ieron stifled a grunt as she extracted her thumb from between the two handles of a pair of clippers. The inside edge of the offending digit began to bleed from joint to knuckle. Sticking it in her mouth, the padawan inspected the edge of the handle, ripping off the large splinter that caused her bloodshed. Sithy trig teacher, she mused quietly, who wouldn?t have thought that he?d talk to my master about assigning me to garden duty. ?Maybe that?ll improve her focus . . .? She rocked back onto her heels, thinking more dark thoughts and feeling like a moron as she sucked her thumb.

?Ieron?? a hesitant voice asked behind her. Ieron jumped, pulling her thumb out of her mouth hastily, turning to see who was paging her. She was rather impressed to see Jane standing behind her. The padawan also didn?t miss the quizzical look that the clippers earned her.

?My trig teacher,? she responded, answering the unspoken question. ?I got recommended to garden duty due to my ?lack of focus.?? Ieron rolled her eyes and made a gesture with her bleeding hand. ?As you can see, gardening and I just don?t get along, and personally I don?t see how self-mutilation is supposed to improve my focus.? Jane grinned at the comment, and Ieron returned the smile. She also noted, with a surprised satisfaction, that the electric tension that seemed to prevail at their encounters was gone. Looking back at her hand, the padawan noticed that the blood had started to creep off her thumb and drip into the soil. ?I suppose I should go down to An-Paj?s and get something for it,? she added.

Jane?s mouth quirked, and she let out a laugh at the mention of the Healer. It was Ieron?s turn to give the other girl a quizzical look, one of open curiosity at what was so funny. ?Obi-Wan slipped and fell, almost breaking his nose,? Jane began, sputtering between chuckles. ?His nose was bleeding pretty badly and Kithera said she had something for it, and stuffed two tampons up his nose. Obi-Wan never noticed and when we got to the infirmary, An-Paj said he?d never seen anything like that before, despite how many times he?d been there before!? A broad grin spread across Ieron?s face and she began laughing too, so hard that tears came to her eyes.

?Oh, I have to remember that one to bring up the next time I see him,? Ieron chuckled, standing up and grabbing the clippers. She shook her head, still snickering quietly. ?How could you not notice tampons shoved up your nose??

Jane chuckled at the question too and the pair headed off to a small shed where tools were kept. ?Anyway, I told the story to Ane, and he found it hilarious too. We got to talking while I was scrubbing and,? Jane paused, unsure of how to continue, ?we were caught playing around by Master Jinn.? Ieron turned her gray eyes on Jane, not unkindly, but said nothing. ?Anyway, Ane was invited to help me finish my scrubbing and even after we were all done, Master Jinn kept an extremely close eye on him. I was wondering,? Jane paused again, only this time her eyes were gleaming amusingly, ?does he have some sort of reputation I don?t know about??

Ieron grinned to herself, laughing quietly at memories. ?You don?t even know the beginning of it, Jane,? she began, ?but I would be quite happy to tell you!? Ieron shoved the clippers into the shed and headed off towards the infirmary still laughing. ?He used to be a one-terror-wonder! Have you heard how Obi-Wan and Meri ruled the infirmary? Well, Ane had the rest of the Temple covered, and I usually got dragged into it somehow. Once, when we were both young initiates, probably only five or six, he found an old container that had been used to ship books. I can?t remember how, but he managed to talk me into it, and sent me down six flights of stairs before it came to a crashing halt at the bottom of the stairs! I went flying straight into Qui-Gon and disappeared underneath his robes. He was showing a diplomat around t

2. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    <Ooo, this is too good an opportunity to let pass, Amidolee. I hope you don't mind.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kresa knocked politely on Master Koth's door and waited for the man to answer. The apprentice greeted him with a low, respectful bow. "Master Nraakys said that you wanted me to come teach you and your guest more about sabacc."

"Yes, Kresa, please come in. Master Ruj has not yet arrived."

Kresa stepped past the master and pulled herself up into a chair at the table. She pulled a well-worn deck out of a belt pouch and shuffled it with alarming skill. "Did you want to do more straight sabacc or did you wish to learn how to play the electronic version, Master Koth?"

"I think we'd better stick to straight for now. Once Ruj and I get the hang of that we'll see about moving on."

Kresa nodded and silently swore a blue streak. Her master could have a nasty sense of humor when when he wanted to. Cards were the only form of dexterity Kresa seemed to possess and she took great delight in proving her skill to anybody who wanted to see it, provided they were willing to ante up. However, Nraakys had decided that the best way to keep her from fleecing any more of the masters at the Temple was to warn them of her before they got into the game. Having her teach Master Koth and Master Ruj haw to play was a sure-fire way to let all the masters know just how good she was and the little red-head wouldn't see a single credit for her trouble.

When Ruj arrived he seemed more than a little surprised to see a young padawan sitting at the table waiting.

"I am here to help teach you sabacc," she explained in respectful tones. "Please, have a seat."

3. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Jai sighed as soon as An-Paj released her. Meditate, Yoda had said. Well, there was only one place in the temple she had ever been able to do that . . . . .

Shedding all but her undertunic and leggings, Jai slipped into the lake, swimming out to the middle. Floating on her back, she closed her eyes and let herself go . . .

An hour later, refreshed and completely calm, she woke on the beach. She had drifted with the tide, and now lay half out of the water, her long hair full of sand. Jai sensed another, barely familiar presence watching her. and opened her eyes to the Padawan sitting a few meters away.

Jai smiled. "Hello, Ani."

4. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Hehehehe. :) You all crack me up!

5. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    Has anyone ever noticed how much me and Obi-Wan get abused on these threads? It seems like us males get no respect. Just kidding! No.. really... I was just kidding... No! I was kidding... get away from me with that vibro-rod!
    ---------------------------------------------

Anakin smiled sheepishly as Jai woke up.

He smirked. "Next time, make sure you don't go under."

She looked confused. "What do you mean?"

Anakin's smile suddenly faded. "You almost went under, as in drowned. Lucky I was here." He grinned a little.

Jai didn't look to amused. Anakin sighed.

"So, you got the little-green-giant stick-wielder as your master." He snickered. "My regrets."

Jai smiled. "Yeah I know. He's not as bad as you all think though."

"Probably not."

"So, Jai, can I walk you back?"

[This message has been edited by Jedi Knight Anakin (edited 04-18-2000).]

6. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    As they walked down the long hall, Jai let her mind wander, knowing full well that Ani was picking up on her dark mood. "It's not you," she assured him softly. "It's just . ... I hate going before the Council."

Ani raised his eyebrows curiously. "Even though you're Yoda's . . ."

"When I'm reporting to the Council, I'm just another Padawan. If it were up to him . . .. " Jai shrugged. "Like I said, he's really not all that bad."

"Hmm." Ani eyed the deep cut running down her arm. "What's that from?"

Jai hesitated. "A Bothan."

"Oh?"

She blushed. "I . . .uh. . . " Jai glared at Ani. "Don't try to tell me you've never been in a fight before."

"I'm usually smart enough to fight in places a little less . . . public. Not on interplanetary transports." He grinned at her. "So exactly how did it happen?"

"He was making loud comments about Jedi in general and the Council in particular. I politely asked him to be quiet--" Anakin snickered at that--"And so when he refused to shut - -- i mean, to be quiet, I began insulting his clan. Things pretty much disintegrated after that--but he swung the first punch." Jai shook her head, making the silvery hoops in her ears jingle softly. The only earrings allowed at the Jedi Temple were small studs--yet another Temple rule the Padawan had been at odds with. Yoda had once threatened to melt all her earrings into parts for a new lightsaber.

Jai sighed as they reached the quarters she shared with her diminutive Master. "Thank you, Ani." She told him, smiling sweetly.

"Any time, for you." He told her, with another grin. His hand brushed hers lightly before the door slid shut between them.

7. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    yikes! this was at the bottom of page two! where's jane, cali, and JKOW what happened to meri!!!!

hopefully lurking,

natasha

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    LOL roomies. Life happened. LOL thats what.
    If you'll notice my.....well you probably haven't read it, but I haven't updated my story either. And people are chasing me with pitch forks. I kinda of um accidently left a cliffhanger.

I'll try to post on both of them tonight. This and my story. However I didn't think anyone really cared about Meri. LOL
    Cali YEs, Meri No.

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Found this on the second page!!!! UP! Sorry guys I can't think of anything to put in. Wait a minute, yes I can but it waill be really lame. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Kithera bounced up and down on the couch as she watched Qui-gon give a stern lecture to Obi-wan and Jane.

"And." Qui-gon continued "I think it would be best if you discontinued your realationship with Cali, Obi-wan." Jane smiled at the padawan's amazed look, Qui-gon gave her a hard stare before continuing. "And Jane, I'm asking you to stay away from Ane."

"But why Master?" Obi-wan asked. "You didn't mind before."

"But I have to enforce temple rules Padawan." Qui-gon said. Obi-wan gave a derisive snort of contempt. Kithera giggled.

"I'll do it, but only if you stay away from Knight Rinani." Jane said with a smile,, "You have to lead by example and you break the temple rules alost daily."

"Yeah, it's not like you and Kithera and engaged or anything." Obi-wan added. Kithera bounced from her seat and skipped over towards Qui-gon. She dropped to one knee.

"Will you marry me?" she asked taking one of his hands.

"Of course I will." Qui-gon answered after a moment. Both knights bowed there heads and put one hand behind their backs. Obi-wan and Jane were staring at them open-mouthed.

"You are kidding, aren't you master?" Obi-wan asked.

"You know I wouldn't kidd about something as serious as this." Qui-gon replied sternly, slipping one hand around Kithera's waist. The small knight giggled.

"Anyway, he gave his word." Kithera said.

"So you are really going to get married." Jane affirmed.

"Well, that is what you ask someone to marry you for, isn't it?" Kithera said smiling. Both teenagers suddenly looked at each other and then made for the door.

"Where are you going?" Qui-gon asked.

"I'm I just remembered I had to do something important." Jane said evasively.

"I have to go tell Cali...I mean Ane about the Trig homework." Obi-wan said as he closed the door behind him.

"I didn't think Obi-wan did Trig." Kithera said.

"He doesn't." Qui-gon replied and Kithera started to giggle. She drew her hand from behind her back as did Qui-gon. They bothe stared at their crossed fingers and then started to laugh.

"Oh boy I can't wait to see the rumors by this afternoon." Kithera said giggling.

Post, people, post

10. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, where is everyone??? I'll be gone again for Easter Break, and also gone the last week in April because I have to go shoot Yankees!!! (does a little dance)

Okay, you all think I'm weird now. I participate in a little something called Civil War re-enacments. They're a blast and this one is in Keokuk, Iowa, about seven hours from our place, so I can't post at all from Friday to Sunday mad.gif

Cali leaned closer to the mirror, inspecting her roots with a scowl. There was a good inch of dark blonde hair coming through. Pretty soon she would have half her head that strange brown/blonde shade and the other half still red. How attractive.

"Did you fall in?" Ruj called from somewhere in the apartment.

"No," Cali called back irritably.

"Primping, are we?" Ruj teased.

"No," Cali repeated. "I'm coming out." She came out of the refresher to see her Master grinning at her. "Why are you so cheerful?"

The red-head shrugged and turned back to the kitchen. Cali shook her head and sighed, searching the living room for her bag, which she had dumped there before last night's study session. Her boots were by the door and she pulled them on, mumbling some farewell to her Master. Then she headed for her first class.

"Student Angli," the strict voice of Mistress Cick broke through her thoughts. "What on all of Coruscant are you doing?"

Cali looked up from her flimsy pad in surprise. She thought fast. "Taking notes, Mistress."

"That would be all good and fine, Cali-Ana," Cick said with a faintly amused tone. "But there is no notes to take. May I see what it is you are doing?"

Cali glanced around at the other faces, feeling a blush rising. No, she didn't want anyone to see this. But she wasn't about to argue with one of the Temple mentors. She nodded silently and moved her hand and stylus away from the flimsy.

Cick picked it up and studied the drawing, her bushy eyebrows lifting in amusement. If she were human, she might have smiled, but her fur rippled and Cali guessed that was a smile.

"And this is what you have been working on instead of listening to my lecture on Neimiodian political stature?" Cick asked, one white eyebrow cocked.

"Yes, Mistress," Cali said quietly.

"You are a talented artist I must say," Cick said, her tongue clucking. "But this is Galactic Politics, not drawing class."

"Yes, Mistress," Cali repeated, hearing the soft snickers of her classmates. As long as Cick didn't show anyone the drawing!

"I think I will hold onto this for class," Cick said, taking the drawing and putting it her desk drawer.

Cali said a silent thank you to the Force. After class, Mistress Cick told her to stay behind. As Cali walked to the mentor's desk, she heard the most annoying taunt in the world.

"Dum, da-da-dum, DA!" Obi-Wan called from the hallway, waiting outside for her. They had a class together next.

Cali presumely ignored him, thinking a little gleefully of her drawing. If only he knew. . . "You wanted to see me, Mistress?"

Cick looked up, having her attention diverted to the Padawan in the hall. She glanced back down at the picture, then burst out laughing. It was a strange sound, sounding like a high-pitched Wookiee laugh.

"Mistress?"

Cick regained her control. "Seeing your cartoon drawing of Padawan Kenobi, and then seeing the real thing is just too much."

Cali picked up the picture, holding it out in front of her, then glancing into the hallway. "I guess I did exagerrated the nose a bit."

Cick snorted. "Oh, not at all. I especially like the eyes, so innocent and dumbfounded!"

The Jedi mentor bent her head towards her. "I should punish you, Cali-Ana, but I think I can find another way to make you pay." She clucked her tongue again. "I am quite a fanatic over this type of art. Would you mind doing charactures of the Jedi Council for me? We'll call it extra research."

Cali grinned. "When is my research due?"

"Whenever you get done. But don't keep me waiting."

Cali thanked her and headed out the door.

"What was that all about?" Obi-Wan asked. "S

11. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Hey, JKOW, just in case you still think no one cares about Meri, she's my favorite character

Great posts, everyone!

12. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    man, kit, i can't wait to see the rumors either! this is going to be *really* funny!

and JKOW, if life happened, then i guess i have to let you off the hook. i'm sending you a shield to help you ward off the pitchforks...

c'mon, everybody, post!!

natasha

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    By the Sith! I didn't see Jane's post!!!
    I hope Qui was only joking about the whole break-up thing!!!! eek.gif

"ENGAGED??" Cali almost shrieked.

"What? I don't think I can hear out of this ear," Obi-Wan muttered.

"oops, sorry," Cali apologized. "Are you serious?"

Obi-Wan nodded, picking at his food. No one else was at the table yet. "Apparently Qui-Gon thinks he's the only one in the Temple that can disregard the rules."

"It's already dead," Cali said, motioning to the piece of meat that had been stabbed by his fork. She felt a bad feeling about this. "What did he say?"

"He told me that I should 'discontinue' my relationship with you," Obi-Wan scowled, letting his fork stab the meat again. "Jane, too."

"I don't have those feelings for Jane," Cali protested, wanting to keep everything light, even though she was feeling a little sick herself. Maybe stabbing a piece of meat wouldn't be to bad of a solution.

"Cute," Obi-Wan muttered.

"He can't control our feelings," Cali said logically. "He oculd put a bunch of rules and regulations over us, keep us chained in seperate rooms, but that really won't change anything."

He smiled at her and put his fork down. "Yeah, I guess so, but it still isn't fair."

"Knight Rinani and Master Jinn?" Sifa cried, overhearing some of the latest gossip. She came streaking across the room towards Cali and Obi-Wan.

"Here we go," Obi-Wan muttered, taking another stab at his meat.

14. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay I had TOO much fun writting this. LOL

Meri walked through the halls with a smirk on her face. Qui-Gon and Kithera huh?
    She didn't believe it for a minute.

Besides, she'd heard something MUCH funnier than that.
    As she passed by the cafeteria she saw Obi-Wan exiting. Suddenly a mischievous streak ran through her.

"Hey Obi-Wan?!"

He lifted his head and looked at her, a question on his face.

"If you ever need to borrow any more Tampons I'm sure I could spare you some."

His face turned cherry red and he glowered at her.

"Um I think I better go now, I might be late for class."

She turned and raced down the hall, Obi-Wan hot on her heels.
    With a skid on the slick floor, she turned into the room of a thousand water falls, hoping she could lose him on the curving paths.

Suddenly she was tackled from behind.

"OOOMMF"
    She landed flat out, her breath knocked from her.
    Obi-Wan turned her over than sat on her and pinned her arms down next to her head.

"Gotcha!"

"Obi-Wan get off me!"
    "Not until you PROMISE never to say that again."

He was grinning, even though he was breathing hard from there mad dash.

"This doesn't look good Obi-Wan, you had better get off me NOW."

Obi-Wan glanced around and grinned impishly. "There is no one here to save you, they are all eating dinner."

She just sorta smiled at him funny. "I wish I could have seen it."

"MERI!"

She tugged at her arms, and tried to roll away from him, but the 17 year old was stronger and heavier than she.

He gave a little bounce as he sat on her. "Obi-Wan if you don't stop bouncing on me....."

"Now who sounds naughty."
    "OBI-WAN! Honestly, what has gotten into you? LET ME UP!"

"Not until you promise."

"HEY! You should be happy I don't tell people about that picture of you..."

His glare cut off anything else she was going to say.
    "You wouldn't dare."
    She didn't reply, but instead changed the subject.

"You know my Master wouldn't be very happy if he saw this."

Obi-Wan smirked.
    "Ohh yes, I don't suppose he would. Well its not like I'm kissing you or anything."
    He grinned mischievously. "That CAN be arranged."

A voice spoke up behind Obi-Wan's back.

"Padawan Kenobi I do believe you have the wrong girl."

Obi-Wan was off Meri in a flash, and on his feet, his face red once again.
    "Master Arieh!!"

The Jedi Master had one eyebrow raised, and his blue eyes studied the situation.

"We weren't....I mean I wasn't.....doing anything."
    Alex's other eyebrow rose at that.

Meri propped herself up on her elbows and watched the thoroughly entertaining scene.

"Can be arranged hmm Padawan Kenobi?"
    Obi-Wan flushed again.

"I...I wasn't serious."

Meri bit her lip, trying to keep from laughing.

"You weren't serious? I come in here looking for my apprentice, only to find you ON TOP of her, and you had her arms pinned to the floor.
    And you weren't doing anything?"

"Um No." Obi-Wan said as he looked at the floor.

"I see."
    Alex slowly circled Obi-Wan as he eyed him.
    If Meri didn't know any better she would say Alex was enjoying this as much as she was.

Of course Obi-Wan didn't know that. She stifled a giggle.

"You are Excused for now Padawan Kenobi. I may speak to Master Qui-Gon about this. I realize you are friends with Irhanah, but that doesn't allow you to tackle her and pin her to the floor. She has been in a rather delicate position lately, and she does not need *Another* concussion by you."

Obi-Wan bowed his head. "Yes Master Arieh."
    He slinked out of the room.

Meri couldn't hold it in any longer.
    She collapsed on the floor laughing.

Alex allowed a smile to break the stern mask on his face, as he watched his Padawan laugh merrily on the floor.

"Did I do a good job?"

"Ohhh..Oh yes Master, Superb. I think you scared him spitless. And the TIMING."
    She broke down into giggles again.

"Yes I didn't expect him to be quite so bold."
    He grinned and put a hand out to pull her up.
    She grasped it and he pulled her to her feet. For a moment there eyes locked, then Meri looked away and straightened her robe.

"Well now there

15. roomies with no lives

Oct 24, 1999
    MERI HAS RETURNED! MERI HAS RETURNED!
    *whew!* now i don't have to go find a pitchfork... tongue.gif

natasha

16. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    LOL!!

Sorry about my absence. I was on vacation and forgot to inform the rest. redface.gif redface.gif

Tomorrow I'll write some more: an explanation as to Ken-Biu absence, etc.

BTW, Musical Jedi, when I read that part about "having fun with Ken-Biu" my heart wrenched.

As there has been some interest expressed in it, I will translate my poem. Here is the beginning:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why?
    For the world, your heart is open.
    For me, it is closed.
    For the world, your lips smile.
    For me, they are indifferent.
    For the world, your eyes are happy.
    For me, they are annoyed.

All the rest are humans.
    I am different.
    I am an object put on Earth by God to help you as soon as you ask.
    I am not worthy to live in your world of popular and athletic people.
    I am not worthy of you.

Why?
    Is it my character?
    Is it my face?
    Is it what another has told you?
    Or is it my good grades?

What have I done to deserve this fate?
    What have I done to be nicknamed "human dictionary?"
    Or "nerd?"
    What have I done to the world to be treated like some repulsive beast?

I want to shout.
    I want to scream.
    I want to cry.
    I want to attack.
    I want to leave.
    But, above all, I want to be equal.
    I want to be treated like any other person.
    I want to be accepted.
    I want to be appreciated.
    I want to be left in peace.
    I do not want to be hated because one is popular.
    And I am not.

This is the first half/third. If you still want to read more, tell me and I'll translate it.

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh I like the poem. Very much. I can relate. I'm homeschooled and people think we are just *so* weird.
    Its like we have a plague or something. HELLO I AM normal.
    Thats what I alluded to earlier in this thread, when I said I have been shunned by clicks and I would never do it to someone else. Anyway, *some* of that poem reminded me of it. Not all of it. Just parts.

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh JKOW, I know what you mean. I did correspondance schooling for a year and everyone thinks that is weird. Nothing to it. Anyway I DO go to school and since I was labled a weirdo in grade 9 (If you want to know why just look at kithera's characters and I think you will know. Life-like resembalance except I'm not that bubbly) I have a few close friends but everyone else is like....well. So thanks for the poem Kenobi Maul!

Kithera giggled as she splashed Qui-gon with water. The older Jedi grinned and dived to the bottom of the pool again. Kithera sat on the edge and waited until he surfaced before she splashed him again.

"Kitten." he threatened. "do it again and
    I'll pull you in the water."

"Kitten?" Kithera asked. "I've never heard that one before."

"It suits your nature. Bouncy, bubbly, too much energy." Qui-gon replied.

"Oh yeah, well what about the claws?" Kithera asked sending half a spray of water at him. Qui-gon lunged at her and Kit backed out the way giggling.

"Ah true love." An older master remarked as he watched them. "Congratulations."

"For what?" Kithera asked, but the older master had already moved on. She turned to look at Qui-gon.

"You don't think that they really believed that we are getting married. Do they?" Kithera asked.

"I don't know. Why are you so concerned I thought you wouldn't have minded. I thought you liked the idea." Qui-gon replied.

"I did, but now I'm not so....Cut it out!" Kithera yelled as Qui-gon splashed her with water. "WHy do you need to go swimming anyway?" she continued

"Oh in case I need to go underwater swimming one day." Qui-gon replied.

"Oh yeah, for one of those missions in which the great Qui-gon saves the universe and alters the course of the future." Kithera replied.

"Why aren't you in the water?" Qui-gon asked.

"Kittens' don't like water remember." Kithera replied.

"What about your catty nature." Qui-gon asked.

"Oh I got declawed by a big baby." Kithera replied cheekily. "I think we should go and tell Obi-wan and jane that we were joking."
    Qui-gon made a noise of agreement and spashed Kithera with a wave of water. The younger knight squealed before diving in after him.

19. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I just feel like writing a fight scene right about now. Hope you don't mind, RogueJai!

Jane walked down the corridor towards the laundry room, intending to put a batch of washing into the machine before going on to the starfighter simulator. Her head was whirling with questions, and she was completely unaware of her surroundings as she walked. Was Qui-Gon really going to marry Kithera? What would happen if Kithera moved in with them? The apartment had been designed for two people, though they managed well enough with three. Four people, however, would definitely be one too many. One of them would have to sleep on the couch, and Jane knew exactly that it wasn't going to be Qui-Gon or Kithera. She and Obi-Wan would have to fight it out. And it just wouldn't be fair to see Qui-Gon and Kithera snogging away all the time, and not be allowed to do the same with Ane, or Obi-Wan with Cali. Why did Qui-Gon want them to discontinue the relationships, anyway?

Jane felt a sudden, hard push from behind, and fell flat on her face on the floor. Gathering herself together, she glanced up at the angry-looking girl towering over her and felt herself get defensive immediately."You didn't have to push me!"

"Oh, didn't I?"the girl demanded."You walk right into me, practically rip open this cut on my arm, walk on as though you don't notice a thing, ignore all my attempts to get your attention, and then you say I didn't have to push you? I don't like being ignored!"

"Sorry,"said Jane, standing up."I was thinking."

She turned around to continue on, but the girl grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back."Hey! I said I don't like being ignored, and you still owe me an apology!"

"I said sorry already!"Jane replied heatedly.

"A proper apology, not just 'sorry!'. Hey, where's your braid? Did your master cut it off because you walk around daydreaming all the time, or because you're so rude?"The girl gave her an aggressive push.

"You're the one who's rude,"Jane said. She'd never met anybody at the Temple who was in such a bad mood, and wasn't sure what to do about it.

"Not apologising to people after you've practically trampled them into the floor is rude, and stupid, too, especially when that person is having a bad day anyway!"The girl shoved her again, and Jane staggered, then caught her balance and shoved back, putting all her strength into it. The girl sat down with a thump, and Jane turned to go.

That was a mistake. The girl leaped up and flew into her, knocking her down, then slammed a fist into the side of Jane's face. Sith, but it hurt! Jane managed to get to her hands and knees and tried to crawl away, but the girl caught her around the legs. She tried to sit up and turn around to face her attacker, but the girl pinned her shoulders to the floor.

Jane had never been in a fight before and was at a hopeless disadvantage. She remembered reaching for the girl's Padawan braid and yanking on it, and managing to get her mouth close enough to a wrist to give it a bite, but the rest of the fight was a blur of blows to her face and one final kick to her ribs as the girl got up and stalked away down the hall.

Sith, it hurt. Jane's head was throbbing. She'd never known before how much it hurt to be beaten up, and wondered vaguely how the heroes in all the books she had ever read were able to take such a beating and still leap to their feet afterwards, even chasing after the bad guys half the time. It took Jane several minutes just to be able to sit up, and only then did she notice the pain in the ring finger of her left hand. Glancing at it, she was surprised to see the top half twisted at a very unnatural angle, and the sight almost made her feel sick.

How in the name of the Chancellor's underwear had she done that? She must have dislocated it somehow while grabbing for that girl's hair. That girl. Who was she, anyway? She'd had a Padawan braid, but surely Jedi were taught to keep their anger under better control? Jane couldn't help starting to cry, wincing at the pain in her ribs each time she breathed. She

20. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I usually save the space on this thread for all the fine entries but I had to stop in. Everyone here is so good at keeping this thing fresh and interesting and I just wanted to say thanks and superb job!.

21. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    Ken-Biu walked out of his room. He was releaved to finally be out of his room, even if it was the nicest in the Temple after he had replaced the floor with grass and had a small waterfall installed in the corner. It was like a miniature Room of a Thousand Waterfalls, except that it was just for him. Even though it was his favorite place in the Temple, after spending what had felt like years in there.

After his encounter with Ieron, he had headed strait to the Jedi Council where he had related the disastrous course of events during his last mission. He had almost been killed by an army of Dark Jedi. He had only barely managed to defend himself long enough to get back on his ship and fly away. The fact he had gotten out alive, let alone without any serious injury, was a credit to his Master and his training. Still, he had been enormously frustrated and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

The Council had ordered him to stay in his room in silent meditation until he had released his anger and frustration, had meditated on his mission, and had released himself from "outside distractions." The meaning of this was rather simple:
    he had to come to grips with the fact that Ieron did not have the same feelings towards him as he did towards her and to let it be.

It sounded so damn easy when it wasn't you who was in that situation. It was so damn easy to be the voice of reason, to coolly assess the whole situation and to calculate the solution. Why the hell couldn't it be that easy when it was you who was in love? Why couldn't he just forget about Ieron as everyone told him to. Maybe then could he rebuild that hard shell people used to have to break to hurt him, that shell that Ieron broke continually with every snub, every time she couldn't look him in the eye, every god damn time she broke his heart.

She didn't know it, but just as he had sat down to meditation, he had caught the end of that conversation with Ane. He had finally lost it. After years of crying interiorly, he had finally lost it. He had dropped onto the soft grass and had cried, had let out all his pain, grief, anger out in that full day of crying.

He had sobbed like a child, yet there was no one there to comfort him. Even his Master was now gone.

His Master. His throat squeezed. That had been the other thing that had made him cry.

Master Jorus C'baoth had been one of the most respected Jedi Masters out there. A brilliant fighter, cunning strategist, wise Jedi and persuasive diplomat, he had been everything a Jedi could possibly want to be.

He had been so incredible that he had been cloned. Then disaster had struck.

They had both been assigned to the Outbound Flight Project. The memories were still painful. They had been attacked by the same group of Dark Jedi as he had fought off on his recent mission.

Then, the impossible happened. C'baoth showed his true colors as a Dark Jedi and liquidated the whole ship. Ken-Biu had just managed to escape by jettisoning an escape pod.

Then, on his recent mission, he discovered that his Master was now head of the terrorist group.

It had taken him a while to get over that.

He decided to go down to the cafeteria. Maybe he'd talk to the Council later about letting him do some teaching, to take his mind off of things.

22. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    Since the beginning got such a positive response, I'll continue the translation of Why?. For those who don't completely identify with it, don't worry, it was supposed to be very personal in any event.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I never want to hear that my voice is strange.
    I never want to be singled out because of a test or a teacher.
    I never want to be ignored when I search for friendship.
    I never want to be told "thank you" while walking in the opposite direction.
    I never want to be someone you can dismiss from your thoughts by saying a single word.
    I never want to be called "dictionnary" or "nerd."
    I never want to hear I shouldn't complain because "I always get good grades."
    I want to be David.

I want to be David, just another person.
    A person with weaknesses and talents.
    A person who loves.
    A person who hates.
    A person who tries to do what is right.
    A person who has the same dreams as others.
    A person who wants, above all, to be accepted.

To be liked.
    To be understood.

Even you, you that I hold in my heart like a precious jewel,
    Even you, you don't understand me, you don't accept me.
    Why?

These things may seem elementary to you.
    If it is not the case, then you have much worse a problem than not knowing how to use Excel to perfection or to not see all the information on your graph.
    A problem against which I am incapable to do anything.

These things, elementary as they are, are denied to me.
    When you enter a school, you leave your rights at the door.
    But I, like any other human, have some rights no one is allowed to take.
    You, at least, do your best to restore them to me.
    For it is your duty as a person.
    If you do not restore them to me, you and the rest of the world, the rest of the school, the rest of the grade,
    Then you are not worthy of being human.

Me, I would sacrifice all to give these rights to you if you didn't have them.
    That is what I try to do each time I try to end injustices against my peers, even if I benefit from them.
    That is what I try to do each time I help you.
    That is what I try to do each time I smile at you.
    Even when what I do is unappreciated.

Why do you ignore me?

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Jane opened her eyes, blinking, and finally focussed on the young man sitting opposite her."Ane, what are you doing here?"

Ane grinned."No, Jane, the question is, what are you doing here?"

Sitting up, Jane glanced around in confusion. Instead of in her bed, she was on the couch in an apartment that was only vaguely familiar, and then she saw Master Yuki come in from the kitchen, and she remembered. She glanced at her chrono and exclaimed in panic,"Oh, no, Qui-Gon is going to kill me!"

"It's all right, Jane, I spoke to him last night. He knows you're here and you have his permission to stay as long as you need."

"He's still going to kill me,"Jane muttered, burying her head in her hands. There was only a twinge of discomfort in her injured finger, and she looked at it curiously. It was straight again, and there was almost no pain when she bent it. Her head did not hurt, either, and there were no tender bruises under her seeking fingertips.

"You healed me, Master Yuki,"she said in astonishment.

"You healed yourself, Jane. I merely helped you start, and assisted you a bit in channeling the energy. You did the rest on your own, all night long."

"I do feel better,"Jane admitted."And hungry. If I could just use the refresher quickly before I go down to breakfast...?"

"Go ahead,"said Ane."You can use anything you find in there, soap, towels, whatever."

"Razors?"Jane teased, standing up, and Ane grinned.

When Jane emerged again, she was surprised to see that Master Yuki had set a place for her at the table in the kitchen.

"Please, join us for breakfast."

"He's baked bread,"Ane said."Especially for you."

"The condemned man's last meal?"Jane muttered as she sat down, and Master Yuki smiled, passing her a platter of sliced bread.

"It smells delicious. Thank you,"Jane said, taking two slices.

"There really is no reason to worry, Jane,"Master Yuki said as they ate."I explained the situation to Master Jinn last night and assured him that you were not at fault, that you tried to leave the scene several times, even during the fight."

"Well, you might not know that he doesn't want me to see Ane anymore,"Jane said with a sigh."And then I run right over here and spend the night in his apartment. Take a good look at me, Ane, you'll never see me again."

"Why doesn't he want you to see Ane anymore?"Master Yuki asked curiously.

"I don't know, unless he's afraid Ane will get me into trouble somehow,"Jane sighed."I don't need Ane to do that for me, I can do it perfectly well on my own. Like right now, for instance. This bread is really good, Master Yuki. No wonder I never see you down in the cafeteria."

"I don't bake all the time,"Master Yuki smiled."Just for special occasions, really."

"Come over any time, Janer,"Ane invited, and they all laughed.

After the meal, Ane volunteered,"I'll walk you back to your apartment if you like, Janer."

"All right,"Jane agreed,"but don't let Qui-Gon see you. It might make everything worse."

Out in the corridor, dodging the first students on their way to class, Ane said,"I thought my dreams had come true yesterday, coming home and seeing you on the couch."

"I was sort of hoping I could convince you to find some bacta to help me, I think,"Jane said, trying to remember.

"I would have stolen some from Master Yoda himself if it would have helped you, Janer."

"Suddenly, I'm finding your reputation easier to believe, Monarch,"Jane replied.

"My reputation? What reputation? Who have you been talking to?"

"Ieron."

"Oh."There was silence, and Jane glanced at him with a smile. After a moment, he admitted,"Yeah, she'd know."

"Uh-oh,"Jane teased.

"Yeah. Uh-oh. And speaking of uh-oh's, here we are. I'd better go."

"Thanks for walking with me."

"Thanks for thinking of me last night."Ane grinned, then made a kissing motion with his lips, waved, and walked off.

With a feeling of having been suddenly abandoned, Jane sighed and keyed in the door code.

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm going to step over Jane's toes for a moment, alright???

When Obi-Wan walked into the apartment, he was hoping for a moment of peace. No such luck. Qui-Gon and Kithera were in there, both laughing over something. A small flicker of anger and jealousy rose in him. It wasn't fair! He and Cali were much more mature together than the adults ever were! And here they were, obeying the regulations and still being punished!

He stalked into his room and slammed the door.

Kithera clamped a hand over her mouth and held the razor away from Qui-Gon's cheek. her eyes went wide for a moment. "You think he heard us?"

Qui-Gon frowned slightly, a teasing frown. "I think An-Paj could hear you, Kitten."

The Knight giggled and wiped some of the cream off the blade before holding it back up to his beard, which she was trimming. A moment later the outside door opened and they heard Jane come in. Her door slammed, or rather it was Obi-Wan's.

Less than a minute later the two Jedi could hear the shouting match going on inside. Kithera hopped off the counter and Qui-Gon followed her. Outside the refresher, the shouting was much more audible.

". . . this is MY room!"

"Well, I have other things to do, Obi-Wan! This is the only place I have any privacy! Go to your Master's room!"

"YOU go, Jane! I don't want to walk in on them!"

"Go over to Cali's and whine to her!" Jane shouted back.

"I CAN'T! You get to spend the night at Ane's, but I can't even get my own room back!"

"Oh, shut UP!"

Qui-Gon decided it was time to step in. "Both of you shut up!" he bellowed, even causing Kithera to jump.

There was a silence on the other side of the door. Qui-Gon opened the door to see the two teenagers in a staring contest, arms crossed, faces set. Obi-Wan was the first to turn, his blue eyes clouded and dark. There was a disgusted look in the younger Jedi's eyes as he took in his Master's appearance.

Then Obi-Wan set his jaw and looked back at Jane. "Take the room. I don't care. You're the Padawan now anyways." With that, he brushed pass Qui-Gona and Kithera and headed out the door, giving it another slam.

The Jedi Master knew he should stop his Padawan and make him stay, reprimanding him about anger and actions that he might regret, but he was shocked by the words that he just stood frozen for a moment. He looked back at Jane, who was still standing in her spot, arms now lax at her sides.

She looked ready to cry.

Kithera touched his shoulder gently. "I think the joke is over with. I'll explain it to Jane and you can go hunt down your Padawan."

With a heavy sigh, Qui-Gon hurried to his room to find something more suitable to wear and clean his face off.

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Cali was busy sketching her drawing of Master Yoda, legs folded up and her pad lain across. So intent was she that she almost didn't see the whirlwind racing down the hall towards the practice rooms. She looked up with a start to see Obi-Wan accessing a room that was usually used for remote training.

He had run right passed her and she had felt the heavy slam of his anger and disgust. But also, she could feel he was very sad. She jumped up, leaving the pad behind and raced after him. When she reaced the door, she found it locked. Great.

Thinking fast, she tried to send him her worry through the Force, but only met up with a heavy wall of anger and determination. There was no way she could get to him. With a heavy sigh, she turned back to retrieve her drawing pad-

-and froze.

Of all people to be passing in the small room that connected two hallways was Master Yoda!

The tiny Jedi Master looked up at her, ears twitching straight up, eyes becoming slits. "See me this way, do you?"

"No, Master," Cali protested, dropping to one knee. "It's just a drawing! Honest!"

The Master just gazed at her, stick tapping the painting. He gave a grunt. "This big, my ears are not."

"No, Master," Cali repeated. "It's a characture drawing. You're suppose to exaggerate characteristics. Bring out personality."

"Big ears, I am?"

"No," Cali said, giving her head a shake. "It means you're a good listener. That's what this drawing says."

The faintest hint of a smile appeared on the troll's face. He moved his stick and brushed away his drawing, raising his ears at the sight of the next drawing. Obi-Wan Kenobi with a huge bandage on his nose and puppy-dog eyes, twirling a braid around one finger. She had even gotten the impish little smirk. A smile began to grow on her face, but she quickly covered it.

Then Yoda laughed, a very guttural sound. Cali felt her mouth come open in surprise. Yoda picked up the drawing, laughing harder, seeming to choke. He coughed and straightened. "Much talent, you have," he said. "A favor I must ask."

"Yes, Master?"

The tiny Master hobbled closer and looked around. "A portrait of Yaddle, I would like."

Cali tried not to choke. "Yes, Master."

"Tell no one of this," Yoda whispered before hobbling off, still giggling.

Cali stared at the Master for a moment. Yoda paused outside the practice room, shook his head, and kept going. For a moment, all she could think about was that Jedi Master Yoda ahd just asked her to draw Master Yaddle. Whoever thought the two had a thing? It had been joked about of course, but no one really thought to hard about it.

And it was her secret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.