main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ultra stressed Jedi Students.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lalika, Aug 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Just ingore this I am trying to bring up the missing post. Grrrr mad.gif

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    "Sith! Sith and Sith again." Kit screamed at the report and flung it across the room.
    "I should punish you for destorying your books like that and for useing that word." the voice really came out of no where but Kit spun around.
    "Master!" she cried. The blue figure of Master Zahalin cringed.
    "I may be dead Kithera but I'm not deaf please keep your voice down."
    Kithera bounced right out of her seat and ran up to her master.
    "ANyway you can't punish me anymore." she smiled.
    "wanna bet." Master Zahalin retorted and Kithera found herself elevated into a corner. She sat down and the blue figure drifted after her before also sitting down.
    "How was your day?" she asked
    "Good, I had fun with jane this morning at breakfast reguritating that old rumor abotu baby meat."
    "Jane?"
    "Oh the temple has exchange students now, only for a little while. I thought you would have known about that though."
    "I did, I just wanted to hear you explain it. I also heard what you said about Obi-wan the other day. Don't you think he is a bit young?"
    "YOu took that seriously? Oh I guess you would. Okay what I was saying was the truth he is gorgeous, I do not have any other feeligns for him." Kithera answered
    "No romances then? Not even Master Jinn?"
    "No romamnces master. Most people can't handle me." Kithera smiled sadly.
    "That's what I came to talk to you about. You got to let this go Kit."
    "Let what go?"
    "You can't be always happy it doesn't work that. YOu must except what you did. I asked it of you, you saved millions of people." Master Zahalin waited for the words to sink in. Her ex-padawan's face went from a happy, bubbly smile to a frown and then she started to cry.
    "But I killed you master, I killed you."
    "I know." Master Zahalin moved to sit next to the green-eyed Jedi, But Kithera wrenched away and started to run.
    "Kithera, please come back padawan." Master Zahalin called.
    "How can you..call me that. I killed you master. If it wasn't for me you'd still be alive." Kithera yelled. "Face it I am just one disaster after another."

Master Zahalin watched as the girl, young woman she corrected herself dissapeared.

Kithera couldn't remember how she ended up in the practise rooms with her knees up to her chest. In the middle of the day no doubt. her face felt scratchy and horrible and she felt like she had been torn in half. Tears still leaked from her eyes. Dreaily she checkde her chrono, class would be starting soon. And she would be teaching it. Another fifteen minutes and she would have to puoll herself together, be a good impression of a Jedi just like her master had taught her.
    Her master at the thought of the words she began to cry again.

3. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    I stood silently, watching the swords fighting instructor move clumsily across the room. He was a pudgy, middle aged man, who looked utterly disgusting. One wondered why the school hired him. I *******ed as he tripped over the mat and fell.

He heard my suppressed giggles and turned to me. ? What so funny?? he demanded.

I decided to play good. ? You, sir.?

? I?m funny?? he asked in a menacing voice, obviously expecting me not to answer back.

? A riot!? I snorted.

He glared at me. ? New huh?? he said sarcastically. ? So you think you?re good enough to make the team? With your great attitude, you?ll surely go far? I?ll be keeping an eye on you. ? The fat guy jabbed me with a finger, then turned and started flirting with a girl who looked terribly unhappy with her position.
    ? We call him Jello,? Mouse whispered to me.

? He sure wobbles like one,? I commented as I watched his fat roll and jiggle as he moved. ? How revolting.?

? I?m Mouse, captain of the Swords fighting team.?
    ? Lalika.? I shook her hand.

? I met you in your dorm that day, you?re a Jedi, right?? she asked, barely containing her excitement.
    ? No, I?m a secret agent from Hoth on and undercover assignment. Anyway, don?t tell anyone else about it, I?m breaking too many rules already.?
    ? No problemo.?

? See that girl there,? I pointed at Alana, who was standing across the room. ? She?s a really good swordswomen. By the way, is fencing fun??

Mouse, unfortunately, did not get my hint.
    ? Really? Maybe you guys could demonstrate later. It?s not really fencing, it?s a variation?? She smiled. ? You can pull off some really elaborate stunts here.?

I smiled at her and turned round to Jello. He was giving some instructions on jabbing people. ? Remember, fight fair.? He gave a hoot. ? NO hanky panky. Mouse, want to give a demonstration??

?she asked. I could not resist and followed her to the side bench to get the equipment.

Mouse handed me a sword. It resembled a real sword with the same size and weight, but the edges were blunt. I pulled on the helmet, feeling rather confined in the protection gear I was wearing. It?s the closes you can get to lightsaber practice, I reminded myself. How I longed for my loose tunic and robes. They seemed like a luxury compared to this outfit.

We returned to the mat and faced each other. She stood in a defensive position, legs bent and body slightly bend, tensed for action. I decided not to summon the force yet, feeling that it was a challenge to test my actual skills. I could sense Jell-O?s skeptic feelings. Somehow, I sensed that he hated my guts and dearly wanted to see me get thrashed.

? Round one,? Jello boomed.

Mouse brought down her sword and I parried easily. We moved gracefully, as though doing a dance of some sort, our swords moving swiftly. I could sense everyone?s admiration at our skills.

Mouse was really good, even without the force as an alley, she was nimble and had really good reflexes. Our swords locked in a deadlock and for a moment, neither of us moved. Then suddenly, she pressed down on my sword, removed hers and jabbed me from underneath. The girl was good.

The whistle blew, Jello was grinning from ear to ear. ? Great work!? he cried, whistling and hooting. I could feel his satisfaction but I was not angry. Such people were not worth it.

I removed my headgear and shook hands with Mouse, then we bowed to each other. ? Show your stuff,? she told me. ? Don?t hold back.? She beckoned to Alana who was already dressed. Hmmm?I did have a great urge to use the force. I smiled obligingly at her and replaced the headgear and prepared for another round.

The whistle blew again. Summoning the force, I attacked. Alana however, seemed reluctant to use the force.

// Come on Alana?// I urged her.
    // Lalika, it?s against the rul?//
    //Tosh, just once? please Alana? Let?s show ?em some stuff. They won?t know.. They?d just think we?re damn good.//

She hesitated. Then, I sensed the disturbance in the force as she summoned it. We ended the match in a draw, drawing a thunderous applause from the awe struck

4. Lalika

Lalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 1999
    I stood silently, watching the swords fighting instructor move clumsily across the room. He was a pudgy, middle aged man, who looked utterly disgusting. One wondered why the school hired him. I *******ed as he tripped over the mat and fell.

He heard my suppressed giggles and turned to me. ? What so funny?? he demanded.

I decided to play good. ? You, sir.?

? I?m funny?? he asked in a menacing voice, obviously expecting me not to answer back.

? A riot!? I snorted.

He glared at me. ? New huh?? he said sarcastically. ? So you think you?re good enough to make the team? With your great attitude, you?ll surely go far? I?ll be keeping an eye on you. ? The fat guy jabbed me with a finger, then turned and started flirting with a girl who looked terribly unhappy with her position.
    ? We call him Jello,? Mouse whispered to me.

? He sure wobbles like one,? I commented as I watched his fat roll and jiggle as he moved. ? How revolting.?

? I?m Mouse, captain of the Swords fighting team.?
    ? Lalika.? I shook her hand.

? I met you in your dorm that day, you?re a Jedi, right?? she asked, barely containing her excitement.
    ? No, I?m a secret agent from Hoth on and undercover assignment. Anyway, don?t tell anyone else about it, I?m breaking too many rules already.?
    ? No problemo.?

? See that girl there,? I pointed at Alana, who was standing across the room. ? She?s a really good swordswomen. By the way, is fencing fun??

Mouse, unfortunately, did not get my hint.
    ? Really? Maybe you guys could demonstrate later. It?s not really fencing, it?s a variation?? She smiled. ? You can pull off some really elaborate stunts here.?

I smiled at her and turned round to Jello. He was giving some instructions on jabbing people. ? Remember, fight fair.? He gave a hoot. ? NO hanky panky. Mouse, want to give a demonstration??

?she asked. I could not resist and followed her to the side bench to get the equipment.

Mouse handed me a sword. It resembled a real sword with the same size and weight, but the edges were blunt. I pulled on the helmet, feeling rather confined in the protection gear I was wearing. It?s the closes you can get to lightsaber practice, I reminded myself. How I longed for my loose tunic and robes. They seemed like a luxury compared to this outfit.

We returned to the mat and faced each other. She stood in a defensive position, legs bent and body slightly bend, tensed for action. I decided not to summon the force yet, feeling that it was a challenge to test my actual skills. I could sense Jell-O?s skeptic feelings. Somehow, I sensed that he hated my guts and dearly wanted to see me get thrashed.

? Round one,? Jello boomed.

Mouse brought down her sword and I parried easily. We moved gracefully, as though doing a dance of some sort, our swords moving swiftly. I could sense everyone?s admiration at our skills.

Mouse was really good, even without the force as an alley, she was nimble and had really good reflexes. Our swords locked in a deadlock and for a moment, neither of us moved. Then suddenly, she pressed down on my sword, removed hers and jabbed me from underneath. The girl was good.

The whistle blew, Jello was grinning from ear to ear. ? Great work!? he cried, whistling and hooting. I could feel his satisfaction but I was not angry. Such people were not worth it.

I removed my headgear and shook hands with Mouse, then we bowed to each other. ? Show your stuff,? she told me. ? Don?t hold back.? She beckoned to Alana who was already dressed. Hmmm?I did have a great urge to use the force. I smiled obligingly at her and replaced the headgear and prepared for another round.

The whistle blew again. Summoning the force, I attacked. Alana however, seemed reluctant to use the force.

// Come on Alana?// I urged her.
    // Lalika, it?s against the rul?//
    //Tosh, just once? please Alana? Let?s show ?em some stuff. They won?t know.. They?d just think we?re damn good.//

She hesitated. Then, I sensed the disturbance in the force as she summoned it. We ended the match in a draw, drawing a thunderous applause from the awe struck

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    It took a while for Jane to find the room where "Starfighter Piloting" was being instructed, and she was beginning to get antsy. What if she was late? Did they make people stand in the corner for being late? There, that should be it. That was the right number. She went in--and stared. The room was bursting full of nine-year-old children! Oh, no. It must have been a typing mistake, and now she had no idea where to go. Coming out again, her face burning with embarrassment, she leaned against the wall. She didn't even know where Master Jinn was now. Not that there would be time anyway to track him down, find out the right room, and get there before the lesson ended.

A master was coming down the hall towards her, and Jane hesitated. Should she ask? She certainly didn't have anything to lose. Stepping out into his path, she bowed and said,"Master--? I seem to be lost. I'm looking for "Starfighter Piloting"."

"It's right here. You must be Jane. My name is Master Arieh. Come in, please."

"No, there must be some mistake. There are only children in there."

"It's correct. We start teaching piloting skills at eight years, so that when the children become Padawans, they can chauffeur their Masters around and we can save our strength for more important things."

"Oh. I mean, yes, Master Arieh."That sounded logical. Let the kids do the dirty work while the masters negotiated to save the galaxy. Jane noticed that he was holding the door open, and pushed hastily past him, taking a seat in the back row where she wouldn't block anybody's view. Master Arieh placed a data pad on her desk and went to the front of the room, and the children scrambled to their desks.

When he turned around to face the class, all the children stood up and bowed, then sat down again. Jane had not dared to touch the data pad for fear of being caught up in it, and managed to bow with the rest of them.

"Good morning, everybody,"said Master Arieh."We have an exchange student with us this term. This is Jane Jinn."

A sea of eight-year-old faces turned around to smile at her, and she forced herself to smile back. Then one boy asked,"How old are you?"

"Seventeen,"she replied.

"And you can't fly yet?"

"Can you?"she retorted.

"No, but I'm gonna learn, and I'm gonna be the best!"

"An-Paj, who is the teacher of this class?"asked Master Arieh, and everybody jumped, then turned around.

"You are, Master Arieh,"the boy conceded reluctantly.

"And where should your attention be?"

"On you, Master Arieh."

"Thank you, An-Paj."Master Arieh opened his folder and took out a flimsy with a drawing of a gauge on it."Who remembers what this is?"

The lesson seemed to be a review of the basic controls of the cockpit, and Jane had no trouble following it. In fact, she got bored very quickly, and explored the data pad. It was a handbook for a starfighter, explaining the same things in children's language, and by the end of the lesson, she was certain that she knew every gauge, switch, button, and pedal by sight, and all their functions.

"Master Arieh,"called An-Paj,"when are we going to get to the simulators?"

Jane listened intently. She'd been wondering that herself.

"To-morrow, I think,"said Master Arieh."Or maybe the next day."

The initial cheers died away into groans, and the Master smiled."It all depends on how you do on the quiz."

"Quiz?"everybody cried.

"Yes, quiz. To-morrow, so know your handbooks perfectly. Class dismissed."

The children stood up and bowed, then raced out of the room. Jane followed at a more sedately pace. Quiz. She'd remember that. Memorizing the handbook shouldn't be too hard. She was good at memorizing things.

"Jane?"

The voice stopped her at the door."Yes, Master Arieh?"

"What's your next class?"

"Um--Galactic History, I think."

"I'll walk you there. My Padawan Meri is in that class. She's the one with the cold."

"Yes, Master Arieh. I think we met yesterday."

"Oh, good. Are you related to Master Jinn in any way?"

"No, Master Arieh. It's just a coincidence that we have the same name."

"Jedi

6. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Brint hustled across the quad. He was late. He couldn't believe he was late on the first day. He had already missed his trauma class and the one extracurricular class he was sure he would enjoy, fencing, he was so late for he wasn't sure it was worth going. He knew Alana was there, and another Jedi student named Lalilka that he knew only by reputation. Flinging open the doors, he skittered into the gymnasium to find only a rather large, pudgy individual going through what we call shadow motions at the Temple. Even though he was a Healer, he still had his lessons in saber fencing. Master Leeya had insisted upon it saying that there were too many times when she had need of a lightsaber but no access to one. Besides, she had said, he was just too good at it.

"Well, well, who have we here?" the man turned and asked.

Force he did NOT want to have to tell his instructor that he had overslept the entire class. They had been told not to use the Force, which was his alarm clock, and so he had no way of knowing when to get up. He'd have to get an alarm clock later today.

"Sir, I'm Brint Windcatcher."

"Aahh, so you're my missing student from this morning. What's your excuse?"

"I overslept sir."

The pudgy man raised his eyebrows, or at least Brint assumed that's what he did...they disappeared into folds of flesh, "Not even going to try to give an original excuse, huh?"

"Well, sir, I can give no other excuse. That's the truth. My roommate came in at 0400 and wake me up and I couldn't get back to sleep for two hours because he..."

"Now we're getting into an excuse. Don't let it happen again Windcatcher. Next class, I expect you to have a five page paper in hand on lightsaber fencing and turn it in to me. And then expect to work your butt off in duels."

"Lightsaber fencing sir?" Brint asked incredulously.

"Yes, lightsaber fencing. And don't come to me telling me that you couldn't find any sources," he said turning away, "I already no there's no sources. Now go on before you're late to your next class."

Brint turned away sullenly. This was not going well so far at all. He had missed two classes and gotten no sleep. The sleep normally wasn't a problem, but he couldn't draw on the Force to make up for it. It was a tug of someone using the Force that had woken him up. He wondered where that had come from. It felt familiar. No matter. Maybe he could find Alana and Lalilka, if they were together, and at least eat with them.

Brint made his way towards to cafeteria. His roommate had turned out to be a Wookie smashball player. He had stumbled into the room with his smashball buddies at 0400. His buddies were the ones playing Huttese music at full blast, and they proceeded to do so in his room. He didn't think they even noticed he was there, even when he had politely tried to point out that he was trying to sleep. Eventually, he had found an unoccupied study lounge on the bottom floor and slept a few hours there. What the Force had in store for him now, he could only guess. He just wanted to find Alana and Lalilka. A familiar face would be good about now.

7. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    "What's the matter?" Bant asked as she walked along beside Cali to their next class. Cali was to observe the lightsaber 'duels' from the advanced Padawans.

Cali ran her tongue along her teeth and grimaced. "Food just doesn't taste right. Not since my pen exploded."

Bant laughed and hoisted her bag with her extra tunic in it. "Obi-Wan was telling me about it. It sounded something like this-" Bant made a series of lispy syllables.

Cali doubled over in laughter. "Can he talk okay?"

"Yeah," Bant said. "But it was horrible this morning at breakfast when he tried the Corellian peppers with the eggs!"

Cali began to laugh again, then frowned. "I really have a way with getting into humilating situations when he's around."

"It's the Kenobi curse," Bant nodded knowingly. "It's not your fault."

Together they headed into the locker rooms, laughing and giggling over other things like little girls. Sifa was tightening her belt when they camer in. She smiled at them, but it was a tight smile.

"Are you nervous?" Cali asked.

"I always am a little uptight with a lightsaber," Sifa shrugged, jumping on her toes a bit. "I just hope I don't get stuck fighting Pigtails or Kial! They're both the best."

"Meri's fighting today," Bant said, pulling on her other tunic. "And Jane's here. Oh, and my Master said there's a special surprise for you, Cal. And Jane and the others!"

"Can't wait," Cali snorted. She knew enough to be wary of Temple surprises.

There was a bench running along each ring in the arena. Padawans of all species and ages were either stretching or chatting with the others. Bant and Sifa grabbed their lightsabers off a rack in a corner and headed over to Master Jinn and a dark man in robes.

Cali found Jane and sat herself down. "I here we're in for a surprise."

Jane nodded nervously. "Yeah. Master Jinn was hinting a bit. I think Obi-Wan knows what it is. He kept giving me an impish look. I have a bad feeling about this."

The dark Jedi stepped forward and everyone quieted. "For those exchange students observing this exercise today, I will give you a brief expalnation."

"That's Mace Windu," Sifa whispered from behind Cali.

Windu continued. "All Padawan learners havbe to pass through a series of trials and tournaments in lightsaber arts. Today we are holding a mock tournament. The intiates will be fighting against the more advanced Padawans as a learning experience."

He motioned to Qui-Gon Jinn. "But first, we are going to see a demostration of what a duel between Master and Padawan, much like a Padawan will have to through in his trials to become a Knight."

Qui-Gon stepped forward. "My apprentice is not yet ready for the trials, as all of you are not ready." His eyes traveled to the rack where Obi-Wan was checking his lightsaber. "But today we will demonstrate trust in the our duel, strength, patience..."

Cali glanced at Bant, who's eyes were wide. "Is that dangerous?"

Bant nodded. "They're using full charge. Not the low setting like in practice."

Qui-Gon glanced at them and smiled. "No, Padawan Bant, we will not use the highest setting. The medium. So, if I'm not fast enough to parry, my arm will be stitched back on. I'll still have half though."

There was a nervous chitter from the audience. Obi-Wan stepped onto the mat and bowed to Qui-Gon. Beside her, Cali felt Bant's worry.

I'll continue later today!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Mace Windu stood on the side-lines, addressing the young Jedi and the exchange students. "Jedi are taught to fight on the defensive, to wear down the enemy and use as little energy as possible. Jedi do not attack out of anger or for revenge. Fighting is a last resort."

A silence filled the vast chamber. Then the silnce was shattered by the snap-hiss of the two lightsabers igniting. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon circled each other, lightsabers at the ready. Neither made the first move. Obi-Wan's face was stern and serious, devoid of any young impishness. Qui-Gon regarded him cooly and took an easy swing. Obi-Wan parried easily and spun away.

The duel had begun.

Qui-Gon tracked his Padawan's steps, swinging again from another angle. Obi-Wan parried and brought his saber around, locking Qui-Gon's before pushing away to attack.

It was like a dance, and Cali found herself absorbed in it's grace. Qui-Gon was graceful and expended no unecessary movement, while Obi-Wan was more energetic and flashy, adding a few extra twirls and spins of his weapon. Windu was giving a small narrative, pointing out flaws or excellent moves to the apprentices. Cali heard the deep voice vaguely. She was aware of Bant's wringing hands and the tension in the air.

Cali gasped along with the others as Obi-Wan somersaulted over Qui-Gon, bringing the lightsaber down. He seemed reluctant to strike a direct blow and only the Master's tunic was singed. Obi-Wan landed and rolled to the side of Qui-Gon's swing.

There was a mind communication, so deep and subtle that it seemed as if the two fighters were the one and they same. Cali forgot to breathe. The blue and green blades flashed and slashed, yet neither opponent suffered injury.

It was going on forever. Finally, it seemed as if Obi-Wan was tiring slightly. His moves weren't quite as flashy and quick. They were methodical and the young Jedi was drenched in sweat. He was on the defensive, lightsaber parrying furiously. He began to back away from Qui-Gon, who advanced with ease. Cali sensed the reluctance for either to make the winning blow. Her eyes hurt from staring wide-eyed at the dance.

"Master Jinn will win this one," Bant whispered.

Cali nodded, seeing Obi-Wan's eyes glistened in exhaustion. His adrenalin was wearing off from his leaps and spins. Qui-Gon saw this and reached a leg out to trip Obi-Wan. The apprentice's leap wasn't quick or high enough. Obi-Wan fell on his back, lightsaber flying and deactivating. Qui-Gon pointed the lightsaber's tip at his Padawan's throat.

"Don't kill him!" Jane gasped. A couple students looked her way, but most of their attention was on the battle.

Mace Windu blew a whistle. "Master Jinn wins."

Obi-Wan bounced up on his feet and wiped his sweaty brow. The lightsaber flew to his hand and Qui-Gon stepped back. They bowed and then walked over to window. Both were smiling at each other. Windu spoke with them for a moment, then turned back to the students.

"This was an excellent display of swordsmanship and different fighting styles." Windu began. He went on to point out a few aspects, then signaled to another Padawan. "Reeft and Hjia Derk."

So a series of lightsaber battles began. Cali watched with great interest, but none of the other Jedi seemed to quite match the first display of swordsmanship. Many came out with wounds and were sent to the healers.

Between breaks, Jane sat beside Cali. "Brutal isn't it?"

"No kidding," Cali agreed. "And this is everyday stuff, too. Ugh, I'm glad I don't have to do that!"

Bant turned to them, a bandage on her shoulder from a nasty blow earlier. "I wouldn't be so sure." She nodded towards the doorway where Master Jinn and Obi-Wan had returned with strange objects in their arms. Cali felt her stomach tighten. They were lightsabers, but there were strange metallic rods sticking out of the blade emitters.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Jane whispered.

Cali nodded. Jinn and Obi-Wan placed the rods on the side of the ring and began conversing with Windu. There were nods. Then they broke up and Qui-Gon stepped forward. He smile

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    //All I want to do is sleep// Alana thought to herself as she stepped off the turbolift and headed for her dorm. She was disappointed in herself for allowing Lalika to tempt her to use the Force. And now the whole school would know that there were Jedi amongst them.

She keyed in her code to the dorm and opened it up. "What in all the Sith Empire is going on here!" she shrieked as she saw Taj and about seven other guys trashing the room. She dropped her bags and fought back the instinct to fling them all out the window.

"Easy, babe," one guy grinned lazily, clearly high off some illegal Corellian drug. "We all jus ha'in fun!"

"Get OUT!" Alana shouted, grabbing him by the ear. Three of his friend's staggered to their feet.

"Whoa!" one laughed. "She ser-ous!"

Taj growled at her. "Get a life Alana! Man, you're such a bummer to be around!"

Alana propelled two of the guys to the door, holding each by the ear. She pushed them into the hall and turned back to the others, who were edging away from her warily.

"Dude, maybe she's the Jedi we heard about," on whispered. "She doesn't have a laser-sword thing does she?"

"No,I don't," Alana smirked. "But I wouldn't need one." She stepped forward and they raced out of the room.

Taj was glaring at her. "Man, you really got to stop your little control-freak 'tude, ya know?"

Alana scowled. "It's MY room, too. And I have to study!" She slammed her books onto the desk and pushed off the junk left behind. "Leave me alone, Taj. I would really hate to call upon any Jedi to help me."

Taj shrugged and turned on the holo-vid. Alana gritted her teeth and wished for about the umpteenth time she was at the Temple.

10. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    <<<Is it too late to add a character? If it is I'll take this off. This is a Jedi transfered to a normal civilian school, just so you know. He has quite a short temper, and is often reprimanded by Jedi Knights for it.>>>

He wished someone had told him earlier.

Karn Beratus walked through the huge front doors of the school with a duffel bag over his shoulder. He stepped up to the admission desk and stated his name.

The receptionist smiled, and tapped a few keys on the computer. "Welcome, Karn. You're a little late getting here, aren't you?"

Karn rolled his eyes and leaned toward the receptionist. "Look, lady, I came straight from a non-stop transport from Tatooine. I didn't even know I was supposed to come here until I stepped off of that Sithforsaken pile of bolts. I'm dirty, I smell, and to top it off," Karn jerked a finger at his hair. "My hair is BLUE!

The receptionist raised an eyebrow. "It says here that your hair color was permanently changed to blue after you were born..."

Karn narrowed his eyes. "Why in the name of the Sith do you think I have been spending most of my life on a barely known dustball of a planet?"

The receptionist start to stutter uncomfortably. "I-I'm sorry s-sir. Your room is A716, in the uh, the Coruscant building. I-it's on the south side of the campus."

Karn quickly grabbed his bag, and without a word, stormed off in the direction of his new room. Who's stupid idea was this, anyway?

[This message has been edited by Loka Hask (edited 03-05-2000).]

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    This was not fair, Jane thought grimly as she awkwardly tried to block a thrust from Master Jinn and failed. The end of the rod hit her directly over the breastbone, and she fell back on her behind with the impact.

Master Jinn waited long enough for her to scramble to her feet again, then swung the saber from the side. She managed to block that one, barely, and danced to one side, wishing she could at least get her own blade near the tall man. She hated looking like a fool. She hated being stared at. And now every eye in the room was riveted on her, and she knew that they saw exactly how clumsy she was in comparison with Master Jinn's lithe grace. It was enough to make her want to shout Sith and hope that Master Jinn would send her to the corner.

"That won't work this time,"he said, easily reading her thoughts.

"Blast,"she replied, then swung the saber over her head and chopped down with it in a poor imitation of a move she'd seen Obi-Wan do earlier. Master Jinn blocked the attack easily, thrusting her away, and she landed on her behind again.

"Sith,"she muttered hopefully, but Master Jinn chose not to hear, and prodded her leg with the end of the rod to encourage her to get up again quickly. Sliding away from him, she did, then held the saber in both hands and ran directly at him. He leaped to one side and whacked her across the back with his own weapon, and she fell to her knees. Everybody laughed.

Reluctantly, Jane stood up again, but remained where she was. So much for attacking. She might as well just let him beat her to a pulp and get it over with. Leaving the saber pointing to the floor, she waited. Master Jinn came closer, his own saber pointed at her heart.

"Come on, Jane,"he said."Don't give up now."

He poked her provovatively in the arm with the end of the rod, and in a sudden, angry movement, she pulled her saber up with both hands, catching Master Jinn right between the legs. He jumped back with a cry of surprise, and the room erupted into cheers and laughter. Jane stared at him in complete horror. Oh, no. She hadn't. Not there! Not him! Sith!

"I think this bout had better end here,"Master Jinn announced with a grin."Arms and legs I can live without, but this--"

Jane dropped the saber and hid her face in her hands, too embarrassed to look at anything and wanting desperately to hide herself away somewhere. How could she ever go back to their quarters and look him in the eye again? Oh, Sith. Oh, Sith.

"It's all right,"Master Jinn said in a low voice, coming towards her."It's a good move to remember in a tight spot."

"I'm sorry, master,"she mumbled. According to the Padawan regulations, she was supposed to look him in the eye while apologising, but she couldn't seem to move.

"Better you than Obi-Wan,"Master Jinn commented, still amused."Even a low-powered light saber can give a bad burn."

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 03-05-2000).]

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Cali gripped her stomach and Obi-Wan fell over, rolling on the floor with laughter. Sifa was yanking on her braid and Bant was wringing her hands. The students were either staring in shock or rolling on laughter.

//Poor Jane// Cali thought as the other girl bowed in humilitation and quickly ran over to Cali. "Y-your face is as red as my hair!" Cali laughed. She stood up, but was tripped by a rolling Obi-Wan. She fell back down. "I look like Jane!" she shrieked.

"Your such a pain, Cali," Jane growled. She kicked Obi-Wan in the gut for good measure.

Obi-Wan covered himself and blocked her move. "Don't even think about it, Jane. I need that!"

"For who?" Jane shot back. "No one wants you!"

Bant and Sifa pulled on Obi-Wan's ponytail. He swatted at them, leaving him vulnerable. Jane raised her booted foot in a threat and he rolled out of range.

By this time the whole class was watching and laughing. Windu and Master Jinn strode over to see a bunch of girls gaining up on his Padawan.

"M-master!" Obi-Wan cried. "Help!"

Qui-Gon only smiled and watched in amusement. "I'm sorry, Padawan," he said. "But I'm afraid I'm severely injured right now."

Jane stopped her attack and turned red. Cali shot her a sympathetic look before grabbing Obi-Wan's lightsaber. "Oh, Qui-Gon..."

The Jedi Master backed away in surprise as the blade ignited. "No, Cali-Ana."

The students laughed harder. Attention to Obi-Wan was diverted to the other Jedi. Obi-Wan took the moment too jump out of the other's grasp. His tunic was rumpled and his ponytail had come loose. He re-tied it with as much dignity he could muster. Then he flicked a finger at Cali and the lightsaber flew from her hands back to his hand.

//Thanks for the distraction// he sent.

//No problem// Cali bowed to Qui-Gon with a smirk.

Jane was grinning when they headed back into the locker rooms. "That was SO embarrassing!"

Cali laughed as she untied her belt. "I have to hand it to you, Jane," she shook her head. "You really know how to make a show. I admire that."

"Gee, thanks," Jane said.

"That was great guys!" a Padawan they didn't know grinned. "I think everyone has wanted to try that on him, but have never had guts!"

Sifa and Bant where shaking their heads, all smiles as they headed for the showers. Jane blushed and grabbed her towel and followed them. "I'm never setting foot in that apartment again!"

"Trade you," one girl grinned. "I wouldn't mind living with them!" She looked a year or two older than Obi-Wan.

"You can have 'em!" Jane called back.

Cali grabbed her stuff and quickly rinsed off in the shower. She dried off and changed into a fresh tunic. Jane was still blushing and everyone was still sending her amused glances.

Cali was brushing her hair when a woman with dark skin and a strange headdress entered. Everyone froze and bowed. "Master Gallia," the chorused.

Adi Gallia gazed at them. "Which one is Jane Jinn?"

Jane gulped and raised her hand meekly. "Am I in trouble?"

The Jedi Knight laughed. "Oh, no, dear! I just wanted to meet you!" She grinned at them. "Master Windu won't say much, but I managed to learn a lot from Padawan Kenobi."

Jane sighed. "Everyone's going to know by dinner."

"Welcome to the Temple."

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Meri plopped down on the bench next to Bant and Cali. Wiping the sweat off her brow she frowned. "I hate it when they stick me with Bruck. I hate fighting him. He is so darn competitive."
    Bant grinned. "Well it looked like you got him good."
    Meri groaned. "Don't remind me. He'll be after me now. He'll probably try to trip me in the hall or something like that to restore his honor of being bested by a girl. Look, even now he's glaring at me."

They all turned and saw she was right. He was sitting across the room glaring at Meri.
    She groaned.

"You better watch it Meri. He doesn't like being shown up. Most girls let him win." Bant said with concern.

She smirked at Bruck from where she sat. "Not me. I'm tired of seeing the girls let him win. What's he going to do about it anyway?"

Bant gave her a worried look. "Just watch your back okay. He's not to be trusted."

Meri snorted. "If he tried anything Master Arieh would have his head."

Bant shook her head."Just be careful okay?"

Meri smiled and waved her hand. "Yeah sure. Don't worry."

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "And here she is folks! The one and only Jane Jinn!" Obi-Wan announced as Jane came out of the locker room. "And her lovely assistant, Cali-Ana Angli! We are going in for a special live interview." He stepped forward and held his lightsaber like a microphone. "So tell us, Mistress Jinn, how do you feel after your victory? Please, don't be shy!"

The hall was echoing with laughter. Jane blushed crimson and glared at Obi-Wan. "Out of my way, Pigtails."

"Oo, I think she's ready for more fight," someone called from the crowd.

Obi-Wan covered himself and turned away. "Uh-oh!"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi!"

The Padawan froze and it was his turn to blush. "Yes, Master?"

"Apologize this instant!" Qui-Gon demanded.

Obi-Wan nodded meekly. "I'm sorry, Jane. Really I am. It was just so funny-"

"Obi-Wan!"

"Sorry." Obi-Wan hooked his lightsaber on his belt and bowed to Qui-Gon.

"Go to your room, Padawan," Qui-Gon ordered. "Honestly, for an almost eighteen-year-old you act twelve."

"Hey!" one of the initates protested. "I resent that!"

Obi-Wan hung his head and walked past a fuming Jane and tossed Cali a wink. //More like four//

//Ha ha//

Qui-Gon stepped foward. "Are you alright, Jane?"

"I should be asking you that," Jane smiled weakly.

Cali covered her mouth to keep from laughing. This was seriously too funny! Qui-Gon shot her a look and she sobered slightly. "Maybe I should have you fight my Padawan again," he said in amusement. "You could try the Jane-thrust."

Cali stared at him in disbelief. These Jedi weren't as colorless as she had first thought!

[This message has been edited by Amidolee (edited 03-05-2000).]

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "Every Monday you have a pre-test. Every Wednesday you have a quiz. Every Friday you have test. Pop-quizes will be usually on Tuesdays, but also on Thursdays..."

//Maybe I cold use a mind trick// Alana thought. //Yeah, that would be good// Mistress Yohhel was a tyrant. Alana had found that out on her first day, but now she was even more convinced that the school was brimming with Siths.

The bell rang and Alana jumped up, grabbing her books and dashing towards the door. She had Physical Studies, which was a proper term for slave work. She would have to do a lot of running. She had no idea how she had landed the class, but she knew if she found out the person that decided her classes that she'd race to the Temple in an instant for her lightsaber.

//I feel your pain//

"Lalika!" Alana turned around and smiled in relief. "How's the roomie?"

Lalika stuck her tongue out. "I would rather turn Sith than stay with the witch! Ugh! I like to sick a mad Wookie on her!"

Alana laughed. "What do you have next?"

"Something-somthing curriculum boredom," Lalika frowned. "More homework. Goodie."

"Did you tell that Mouse girl that we're all Jedi?"

"Of course not!" Lalika protested. "Not on purpose, anyways. She won't tell a soul, I swear!"

Alana sighed. "It's your head Yoda will eat, not mine."

"I'll tell him that right before he takes a bite," Lalika grinned.

Alana tossed her a dirty look. "Well, I gotta go run laps around this stupid planet. See ya!"

16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Kit felt Jane approach as she pulled the last mat out onto the floor.
    "Hi." she said smiling.
    "What's the matter?" Jane asked.
    "Whadda ya mean?" Kithera revertyeed to the old slang that she used when she knew exactly what they meant.
    "You have tear tracks down your face they usually give you away." Jane said softly. Kithera scrubbed at her face with the corner of her tunic. She started to bounce with on one foot and then swapped to the other.
    "See what tear tracks?" she asked. "HOw was your day?"
    Blushing Jane started to tell the story of the lightsabre fight. By the end of the story Kithera was literally rolling around on the floor. Other people were begionning to assemble. Kithera breathed in slowly and then stood up.
    'Lets go people."

17. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    Brint sat in the middle of his Fluids and Electrolytes class with his jaw on the desk.

"So you see, the hydrogen ion combines with the bicarbonate ion to form for only a split second carbonic acid, which is immediately broken down by carbonic anhydrase to form water and carbon dioxide in the human. The carbon dioxide is excreted by respiration and the water by the kidneys. Any alteration in this equation results in acidosis or alkalosis in either the metabolic or respiratory state. Now, in say, a Rodian, this process is inverted so that the carbonic anhydrase...."

"Are you catching ANY of this?" a human girl next to him leaned over and whispered.

"Thank the Fo..Gods I'm not that only one!" Brint sighed back to her with a grin.

"Don't worry. Word on this class is that NO ONE knows what's going on for most of the semester.

"Excuse me, if you two already know this, perhaps you should teach," the eight-tentacled Jamark extended one tentacle with a piece of chalk to him.

"Uh, no sir, I apologize."

The professor merely glared and went back to the lesson.

When class was over, the girl tugged on his sleeve, "I'm Leeza." she said, extending a hand.

"Brint," he returned with a smile.

"Hey Brint. Listen, study groups form quick here and I wanna get in on the best. I think you're going to be one of the best, so why don't we team up?"

"You think I'm going to be one of the best? I'm completely lost."

"Eh, call it a feeling. What do you say?"

"I say I could use all the help I can get."

"Cool," Leeza smiled, "Rian and Daved over there are two of my friends. If you don't mind, I'd like them to join us."

"Fine by me," Brint agreed, "I don't know anyone here."

"No one?" Leeza raised an eyebrow.

"No one," he nodded.

"Well, then why don't you come to dinner with us?"

Brint smiled. He'd been unable to find Alana and Lalilka. At least he wouldn't have to eat alone this evening, "I'd love to."

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Uh-oh, she's reaching for her knife,"came the endless commentary from the unknown Padawan on the other side of her. Jane had sat down at an empty table in a corner of the cafeteria, trying to avoid any more teasing, but Padawans both male and female had descended on her almost at once, and she had not been able to take even one bite in peace.

"Cover yourselves, everybody!"one of the girls shrieked."Here comes the fork!"

"Use the fork, Jane!"they all chorused. Jane looked at the boy next to her and had a sudden image of stabbing him in the leg with it. He must have sensed it, because he shifted away from her with a big grin and announced loudly,"She's thinking those Sithly thoughts again! Everybody dive for cover!"

"Did they teach you how to hit below the belt at your old school, Jane?"one of the girls asked.

"Yeah, like maybe the school battle cry was 'how low can you go'?"another added, and the table roared with laughter.

"Come on, people!"Jane cried."It was an accident, all right! It just happened!"

But they continued to laugh, and she stood up, feeling more humiliated than she had been in the training room. Getting rid of her tray, she wandered down the hall, wondering what to do next. She had homework, but after what had happened this afternoon, she didn't want to go back to her quarters. Even if Obi-Wan wasn't there, Master Jinn would be. She really couldn't face him. She decided to head for the library instead. She felt so at home in libraries, any library, that she sometimes wished she lived in one.

There were only a few masters there when she arrived, and nobody took much notice of her. Jane found a secluded seat on the upper level and unpacked her bag, taking out the things she had to prepare for to-morrow, and began to memorize, wishing that she had a chocolate orange to help her along. It was too late to head for the shops to-night, though. Maybe she'd have enough time right after classes to-morrow. She could always skip dinner and eat something from a vender, but she really needed to get away from the Temple for a while. Making a mental note to escape as soon as High Aldaraanian was finished, Jane turned back to her homework.

"Jane, wake up!"

Jane lifted her head from the desk and glanced around."Kithera! I mean, Knight Rinani, what are you doing here?"

"My master--I mean, I was looking for you. It's late, you should get back to your quarters before Qui-Gon comes after you."

Jane looked at her chrono."Oh, no, it's way past curfew!"

"Come on, I'll walk you, but only if you call me Kithera. If you're with me, you won't get in trouble with any other masters for being out so late. They'll assume I'm taking you back for discipline--and they'll be completely wrong."

"Thanks, Kithera."She gathered up her things and followed as the young woman bounced down the stairs."You were talking about your master? What was her name--Zahalin?"

"How'd you know?"

"Master Jinn told us."

"Oh, did he. Why can't that long-nosed, long-legged, long-haired nerf-herder mind his own business?"

Jane ignored the question."If you ever want to, you know, talk about it, I'm good at listening. I can't always give good advice, but I can listen."

"Shall I tell you something? Master Zahalin shows up every so often. It's almost like she's not really gone. And she sent me to find you. She said she didn't want to see you in any more trouble to-day."

"Well, I can't imagine why she's worried about me when she obviously has her hands so full with you that she must appear from beyond the grave, but tell her thanks next time she comes, anyway."

"She hasn't got her hands full with me. She comes because she likes my company! But I'll tell her...You know, between her and Qui-Gon, I could almost think there was a conspiracy going on here..."

"What sort of conspiracy? That we should be friends?"

"Yeah. Something like that."

"Well, why don't we give them the satisfaction, then? Let them think they've done their jobs well?"

Kithera turned around and grinned."I'd like that. Come on, friend."

"Thanks, frien

19. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Sorry I've been out of the loop for a few days due to the chicken pox. I'm starting to itch less and feel better so I thought I would add on.

I looked around waiting for Jane to show up to High Alderaanian but class was getting ready to start and still she wasn't here. Surely she wasn't skipping just because of yesterday's incident with the Mistress.

I made a mental note to drop by Master Qui-Gon's and leave her the notes from class and any homework that was assured to be assigned by the old school marm. Besides she looked as though she could use a friend and I myself hadn't been the most social butterfly since my arrival here.

I looked across to Bant and asked her if she'd seen Jane recently.

"No," she replied "not since earlier this morning shortly after she skewered Master Jinn's family jewels with a lightsaber."

"Sithspit, why do I always miss out on the good stuff. I'm going to have to talk to Master Windu about transfering out of Movement and the force and into that Kata class."

"Besides," I continued "what fun is there in coming to study at the Jedi Academy if I can't learn to yield a lightsaber."

Bant just laughed.

Once class was done I raced back to the quarters I shared with Master Windu in hopes of convincing him to let me switch classes. Instead all I found was a datacard lying on my desk.

Igraine,

Matters beyond my control require me to attend to some urgent business on Malastare. I will make great haste to return as shortly as possible in the mean time I have asked Knight Kithera Rinari to check in on you.

Master Mace Windu

"Sithspit" I mumbled to myself.

I had only gotten to spend one night with the esteemed jedi master but I had learned alot and come to like the dark skinned man. He was far from what I envisioned when I realized I would be paired up with one of the jedi council memebers.

He was funny once he dropped his high and mighty jedi act. He had great taste in music and he even entertained my thoughts on adding on an arts curriculm or possible even producing a play. I told him how in my undergraduate days I had written a play based on the legends of Nomi Sunrider. He seemed genuinely impressed as if seriously considering my proposal.

Setting the datapad back down I tried to see the positive in the siuation. All I could come up with was that I wouldn't have to be subjected to anymore of his cooking. After last night's dinner I was sure that the man could't boil water without burning it to save his life.

Disappointed about being abandoned I set out to take over the notes and verb conjugation assignment to Jane.

Once I found the right door I buzzed. No response. I buzzed again and still no answer. Adding a little note to the datacard I stuck it in the message box and headed off towards the gardens.

Mace had given me the grand tour yesterday and I was having a hard time deceiding whether I liked the star map room or the gardens best. But at the moment I felt drawn to the gardens and especially the waterfalls.

Once I got to the gardens I was overwhelmed with the desire to run through the grass barefooted and to roll down the hills like I had when I was a kid back on Talosia. Unable to restrain myself I glanced over my shoulder and around the room to make sure I was alone and that I wouldn't make a complete fool of myself.

Satisfied that I was by myself I flung caution and my boots to the wind and dashed out across the green acreage at full speed altering my course at the last second to dive roll down the side of a hill.

Dizzy and covered in grass stains I got up to do it again, and again and again...

Exhausted I directed my attention towards an ancient and knarled looking tree near the shoreline of one of the waterfalls. It looked like an excellent place for a nap. I thought to myself now if only I had a book to read. When what should I spy with my wondering eye but a book lying on the shoreline as if it had just washed up.

"The Mind Gem" I said out loud reading the title on the soggy cover. It was obviously a

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm in studyhall and don't have much time to write, but I'll try.

Cali stretched her limbs as she got out of her cross-legged postion. Last night she had been wondering about the book she had lost and wanted to try the inner-self strengthening, cause she was sure she needed it. So, she had joined Master Ruj and the other Jedi for morning meditation in one of the gardens. Jane had been there, looking extremely tired and still bridled over yesterday's mishap.

Cali had never thought she would enjoy meditation, but she did. Also, she had never expected to enjoy such a tranquil way to celebrate her 16th birthday.

And strangely enough, Cali wasn't feeling alone or lost anymore. She wasn't even expecting anyone to say "Happy Birthday, Cali" or anyhing. She hadn't told anyone about it and had been satisfied just to meditate that morning. She had learned a lot about herself, and was astonished at how much she had changed in the past few days.

Cali turned her attention back to her text book and began reading over the text, focused and mind unwandering. It was strange to actually enjoy herself.

Food for thought.

A little while later, Cali was putting her datapad in the charging port when another student approached her.

"You're Cali-Ana, right?"

Cali looked up from the port. "Yeah. Hi." Her eyed drifted down to the object in the students hand. "Oh Force!" she cried. "Where did you get that?"

"I found it in the gardens," the student said. "I'm Igraine."

"Thank you! Thank you!" Cali cried. She forgot her charging datapad and gently took the book. "Oh, no! It's ruined!" She ran a thumb over the damp cover.

Igraine turned to the port, where the datapad was overloading. "Uh, Cali..."

BEEP!!!

The datapad began sparking and Cali reached out to it. Her hand snapped back and she howled in pain at the electric shock running up her arm. "Sithspit!" she shrieked, dropping the book and clutching her arm.

A bunch of students hurried over, crowding around Cali as she cursed and swore.

Bant pushed through. "Are you alright, Cal?"

"Do I look alright to you?" Cali shot back.

There was a hiss and the datapad shot outof the port, hitting another student in the leg. The Padawan dropped to the ground in pain, howling along beside Cali.

"Someone get the Masters!" Bant hollered. examining Cali's burn.

A couple kids split off and dashed down the halls. Cali's tears were drying, but her arm was burnt and still smarting. The other Padawan was placing his hands over the burn and closing his eyes, trying to heal it himself.

A few minutes later Adi Gallia and three other Masters showed up. One Master, a furry species of somesort, stepped foward and examined both burns. There was a tsk tsk sound, then it spoke. "You, missy, are going to sick bay."

Cali groaned and nodded. //Happy Birthday to me//

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Jane, time to get up."

Jane opened her eyes to a view of Master Jinn's knees and groaned in protest.

"Do you want to know how I get Obi-Wan out of bed in the mornings?"he asked in a teasingly threatening voice.

"No!"Jane shot up into a sitting position, making certain that the quilt covered as much of her front as possible, and groaned again at her stiff and sore muscles."I mean, no thank you, master. I am awake and I will get out of bed as soon as you leave this room."

"Good."He left. Zikes, that had been close. Jane reached for her clothes, hissing at the pain in her arm. It hadn't seemed like such a hard workout yesterday, but now she felt battered all over.

When she was dressed, she came out into the hall and followed the sound of voices past the kitchen and into the sitting area, then stopped in the doorway. Obi-Wan was kneeling on the floor, dressed only in leggings, and to judge by the medicinal smell, Master Jinn was rubbing some sort of ointment onto his back. Feeling a sudden, powerful sense of longing, Jane watched, wishing that she had someone to do that for her. She wanted to have someone massage her back like that, show her that they cared about her.

"That should do it, Padawan,"Master Jinn said, placing both hands on Obi-Wan's shoulders and giving them an affectionate squeeze. Jane felt instantly jealous, so jealous that she almost wanted to cry. Nobody had ever done that for her; the tutors at Battle Smear were pleasant, but distant, and there was no family atmosphere like here. To her surprise, however, Obi-Wan shrugged it off, then reached for his undertunic."Aw, master."

"All right, Jane, your turn,"Master Jinn called."I know you've got at least one bruise you can't reach, either."

Jane jerked back, startled."I--ah--"

He didn't expect her to take her tunics off and kneel down half naked like Obi-Wan, did he? She began to back up slowly."No, master, I'm fine, really."

"Just loosen your belt and sash a little and I'll reach up underneath,"Master Jinn said."My first Padawan was a girl. That's how I always used to do it with her."

"Oh."Jane felt caught between wanting to run away in embarrassment for ever having thought anything else, and pure and simple desire to have Master Jinn's long, elegant fingers running over her bare skin. She mustn't think that. Not in front of him. Think of something else, quickly! Carpets. Carpets were good. Keeping her mind firmly on the weave of the carpet, she came to where he was standing. She reached around to unfasten the belt and sash as she knelt down, facing away from him.

The ointment felt cold on her skin at first, then seemed to turn warm, penetrating deep into the bruise and dulling the pain. She sighed with sheer pleasure and forgot all about the carpet as she enjoyed the brief massage. It was over much too quickly, however, and as Master Jinn extracted his hand from the back of her tunic, the rest of her skin felt doubly deprived.

Jane made up her mind to get another bruise on her back as soon as possible.

Giving Jane's shoulders a quick squeeze, Master Jinn announced,"We'll be joining the others in one of the gardens this morning. Everybody ready? Then let's go. Oh, and Jane?

"Yes, master."Jane stood up, shaking her legs to relieve the pain of kneeling, something she did not ordinarily do.

"Meditation is not daydreaming."

Blast it. How had he known that she was planning to do exactly that?

"Try to sense the Force around you, feel the connection to every living creature."

"Yes, master."If only she could. If only she were Force-sensitive like they were.

"And try not to fall asleep."

"Yes, master."She sighed miserably. Next he was going to tell her that she'd be kneeling in place for a good hour or more--without wiggling!

"You may sit throughout meditation if you have to."

Jane smiled in relief."Thank you, master."

22. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Hi there everybody, I just wanted to pop in and let all involved know how much I'm enjoying this thread. I, myself won't be able to contribute here since I'm using most of my free time working on my story, and there is NO way I'm gonna jump into this sea of female emotion without my full concentration to keep from getting blindsided. If you want to use my name as a character fine, but I offered it to Kit' first via e-mail, so wait for her decision whether or not to accept please.

Keep up the great work everyone!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Gryph Grin (edited 03-06-2000).]

23. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I am enjoying this as well. Please keep up the great work!!

24. Knight Obi Wan

Dec 17, 1999
    "So the Jedi waves his hand and says 'You will not speak of this again.'"

Everyone at the table erupted in laugter, including Brint. That was one he hadn't heard before. Jedi jokes from the outside were a favorite dinner conversation at the Temple, and he couldn't wait to get that one back.

"Speaking of Jedi," Rian leaned forward, "There's a rumor going around that the Temple sent a few Jedi students here."

"Here to the University?" Leeza gasped.

"No, here to work in the kitchens, Leeza," Daved winked, "Of course. Some kind of exchange program."

"Where did you hear this?" Brint asked casually.

"Dude, everybody's talking about it!"

"So why are they here?" Leeza asked.

"Who knows," Daved took a bite of his dinner before it ran off his plate, "Maybe some sort of new test they're trying out. You never know with them."

"Yeah," Brint forced a laugh, "You never know."

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Cali glared defiantly at the bandage on her arm. She glared at the healer who was insisting she stay in the sick bay a little longer. She wanted to DO something! It was her birthday afterall! She sighed and jerked her other arm for good measure.

The healer returned to take her temperature.

"I burned myself. I'm not bloody sick!" Cali protested. "What is all of this for?"

"You had an electrical shock," the healer responded. "There is a risk for shock."

"I've already BEEN shocked," Cali retorted. "How else do you think I got this burn?"

The healer didn't respond, but checked her vital signs. She frowned. "You appear unaffected. Strange."

Cali shrugged. "I just have a lot of luck. Look, Lady, I fell three stories when I was like in diapers, I fell off a cliff recently. I don't think this is gonna hurt me."

The healer stared. "What's your ID number?"

Cali shrinked back warily. "Why?"

"I want to look at a blood sample."

"I'm not a freak," Cali cried. "My head is just as hard as bricks."

The healer was not amused. She frowned and turned away to the med droid at her side. "Run a test on Student Angli here."

Cali groaned and wished she had the Force so she could dismantle the thing. The sample was taken in seconds. The healer returned a moment later. "May I go now?" Cali asked impatiently. "I do have things to do."

"Yes. But return in an hour."

Cali shrugged and jumped off the med bed and hurried out of the bright sick bay. She glanced at a chrono on the wall and realized she was missing her High Alderaanian class. No big loss. Good thing she wasn't going to miss her lightsaber arts class. That was beginning to be fun.

Cali was waiting for the turbolift when she heard angry voices around the corridor.

"Get over it, Bruck!" a female voice shouted. "You're a sore loser."

"You cheated."

"No, I believe it was YOU who framed Obi-Wan, trashed the locker rooms with that threat to Yoda, stole ALL the lightsabers, and the healing crystals!" Meri's voice lowered. "I really don't know why the Masters kept you here. I really don't."

Cali forgot about the turbolift and crept towards the voices. Her skin prickled at the sound of Bruck's voice, but she had to make sure Meri would be okay. Then she heard the snap-hiss of a lightsaber.

"I'm not going to fight you," Meri said calmly.

"Come on, Meri. Right now. No rules. Let's see who's the strongest."

Cali felt her anger boil at the threat. She peered around the bend. Meri had no lightsaber. She wasn't wearing hers at the moment. Cali gulped.

Meri stood her ground. "You are truly foolish, Bruck Chun."

Bruck swung at her and Meri lept out of the way in a graceful somersault. Her palm came out and the lightsaber flew to her hand. Bruck did likewise, and the lightsaber shook in the air, stuck between to forces.

Something took over Cali. Something she had only experienced when she had been plunging those three stories and towards the rocks. She stared at the lightsaber and PUSH. The weapon clattered out of reach of both Jedi. Meri and Bruck stared at each other for moment. Then glanced down the hall at Cali.

Cali did the most logical thing: she ran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.