main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    YES KC IS IN!!!!!

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I'd really love to want to argue with you right now, but I'm still over that loss to Detroit. :mad:

3. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    Looks like ROMOmentum is over. LOL, how could Dalass lose 3 home games in a row? Man, its a good day to be a Phili fan!

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I get home from church to find out ... Denver lost.

That makes the Steeler's triumph earlier today all that much better. If Graham makes that kick, Cincy is in the playoffs right now. I love it! Makes that Santonio Holmes touchdown in OT that much sweeter. I need to find that run on YouTube, and I really need to find his striking of O-H-I-O to the Bungle fans on YouTube.

Awesome day. Best day I could have hoped for with a team out of it.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    And...

Favre throws a pick.

Here we go again...

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I still can't believe that the Redskins basically saved Tom Coughlin's job by losing to the Giants.[face_frustrated]

Like I've said all year: FIRE AL SAUNDERS!

On an unrelated note: My hats off to the Jets. They earned their way into the playoffs by beating the Raiders. Good luck in the playoffs. :)

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You have no idea how happy I am right now. KC in. Denver out. And completely unexpected.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I admit it's sheer schadenfreude since we were eliminated last week, but it's cool that we knocked Cincy out of contention. :D

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I know I'm a Bears fan, but the Packers played a great game tonight and my Bears played horribly. congrats to Favre on a good game

10. Jingle_Phelps

Jingle_Phelps Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    Nice going, Lions. As long as you were losing you might as well have done something right this year and lost this last game to get the #1 pick (which I would trade for extra picks and shore up the lines), but nooooooooo, you can't even do that right.

That said, I dislike the Cowboys in general, but I must say that I feel somewhat sorry for them that they lost to my Lions like that. It must suck.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    From that post-game interview, I think Favre is done. Well if so, he went out on a good note. And still never missed a game. Class A guy in more than one way. I wish him the best.

Y'know what else was good about today, besides just the Chiefs getting in? The Bengals and Denver didn't, and I HATE both these teams (though Denver more... just started hating Cincy this year). Plus, the three teams I had to root for to win so we could get in- the Pats, the Steelers, and the Niners- are all teams I like and generally root for anyway. So it was easy :)

This one's for Lamar Hunt @};-

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    WHOOP!!! Colt's WON!!!!

13. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    As a Dolphins fan all I can say is I hope Saban is going to Alabama. We need a change.

14. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

Jul 18, 2006
    I think he did a prety good job. Dolphins just need a better QB.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Yeah, he's only been there for two seasons. Don't forget how incredibly they had sucked before he got there. It usually takes more two seasons to turn a team around, and he's certainly on the right track.

16. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    The Cowboys cannot beat the Seahawks in Seattle

17. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    lol the Niners totally screwed the Broncos' season yesterday!!!

18. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Unless they get a HUGE infusion of talent in Green Bay, I think it's better Favre retire, and perhaps coach high school or the like. The man honestly never needs to work again, but he could do some really incredible things as a goodwill ambassador or the NFL (as another option).

Congrats to KC. Do us all a favor and put the Colts out of everyone's misery. :p

Re: Giants at Eagles playoff: I do't care of Strahan's out, and Shockey may not play. They're a wounded beast, and that's the most dangerous kind. Best bet is to keep their O off the field as much as possible, contain Barber like they had some decent success with, and blitz Eli to ratte him.

Re: Dallas at Seattle: Seattle's playing mediocre football(but getting better), but it needs to rise to the occasion at home against a team that's been utterly humiliated in its house 3 times in the last month.

Re: Jets at Pats: This oughta be good. :D Pulling for the Pats, myself.

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Nope I agree, Seattle is far from what the were last year but that being said Dallas is awful.

20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Unless they get a HUGE infusion of talent in Green Bay, I think it's better Favre retire, and perhaps coach high school or the like. The man honestly never needs to work again, but he could do some really incredible things as a goodwill ambassador or the NFL (as another option).

I disagree. I think the Packers have a SB contending team with one or two big names coming in on Offense and a good draft. Right now, the Packers have a very solid receiving corps, a good stable of running backs, a solid O-line, and as the last couple of weeks show us a solid defense.

21. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Gosh.. What a tragic event for Denver today (No, not them losing against SF)

http://www.denverpost.com/lacrosse/ci_4931937

@};-

22. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    "Neighbor Arlene Helmus saw Williams leaving home for the stadium Sunday morning, his bag in hand.

He warned her to be careful; the steps were slick.

"I said, 'You be careful. We need you,"' Helmus recalled Monday night. "He just laughed and said, 'You're right."'

The day before, Williams had helped neighbors shovel snow from their steps.

"I don't know that he ever knew my name," Helmus said, "but we'd see each other coming and going, and he was always friendly, always very nice."

She said she was devastated that such a polite young man had been killed.
    "

That right there, is the type of person that Williams has been described as by many, many others.

I've said it elsewhere, but his death just makes me sick to my tummy. He was a standup young man and his life was taken in it's prime. What a waste of a good human being, who obviously never let celebrity go to far to his head.

I'm very glad that his coach has been there to help comfort his mother.

23. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Definitely a sad story.

I just read that LT won the MVP. Kind of an easy call there. Brees was second, and Manning got a couple votes too.

Congrats to LT on an unbelievable season.

Lets hope he doesn't find himself on the cover of Madden next year.

24. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    LT won the MVP?

How is that possible?

I mean there were 5 games where he didn't score any touchdowns!

Jeez, they're giving those awards to anybody these days.

25. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    LT winning MVP was quite the foregone conclusion.