main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Numbers most certainly DO mean a thing. Charles Barkley anyone?

River's has waaaay outperformed Eli, and that's across multiple seasons. Winning games or even SBs doesn't mean you play wel or are better in general. Peyton Manning last season resonates with that fact. He played terrible mediocre all season. His team got him there, specifically the defense. Does the ring mean Peyton was an amazing, clutch QB? I don't think so at all. He played well in that he didn't get the team into much trouble.

Hell, Blake Bortles was a better QB than Peyton last season, injuries aside. Especially in fantasy.

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    not In Football, My dad has been a fan of the NFL since its inception he was born in 1954 and he always stresses to me that in say Baseball which is a stats heavy sport, I mean look how hard it is to get in the MLB Hall Of Fame vs the NFL i mean I could probably get into the NFL HOF but my dad always tells me football NFL Football is like one of the only sports that it counts big time in the fans and media's eyes what you do in the post season. Dan Marino was great but how much better would he look with some rings on his fingers. Eli Manning >Dan Marino, as for Peyton his first SB he was great and deserved all the accolades but his SB from last year he pulled a Dilfer so I don't put Peyton In Eli's class even. I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree my friend Its a ring or in my book you just don't measure up and its not just getting a ring it is putting your team on your back and winning a SB Eli did that twice and got the MVP trophy twice to me that is special in a good way and the best Super Bowls I have ever saw and I have been watching the big game since the 80's!

3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    what if Eli wins one more SB MVP? like in the next few years?

4. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I really think Eli could win 10 SB MVP's and save 1,000 Kittens from a burning building all while saving money on car insurance from Geico and some people would still say that is not enough to make him one of the best QB's:p

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I stopped reading when I saw "Eli Manning > Dan Marino" because it made my heart hurt.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Get off this tangent please.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    It was a Joke:p

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just...stop talking about the Giants for a couple of pages so we can get discussion on other topics pertaining to football. And I say this as a fellow Giants fan.

10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    What would be a better game to go see live..

Seahawks v. 9'ers (2012/2013) @ CenturyLink
    ORRR
    Bengals v. Steelers (last season) @ Heinz Field

Side note..I need to visit a Chiefs or Seattle homegame just to hear the roar of the crowd. At least once before I die.

11. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Paging LloydChristmas

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    definitely bengals/steelers. i would probably kill someone or more likely be killed by someone in the other scenario.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Go with Kendra, that way you can throw her under the bus...

tom likes this.
  14. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    http://football-players.pointafter.com/compare/6476-12988/Joe-Flacco-vs-Eli-Manning
    @Le-MoleFlacco. That Baltimore Ravens guy, has 1 ring. Close enough though. Amirite? Lol but stats show Eli's true impact on the ga is similar to Joe's. Supporting cast is what helps Eli. More than Eli is elite on his own. He's not. Joe isn't. He's not in the top tier. Stop disrespecting Brady, Bree's, Rodgers, and Cam currently. It's great to have enormous team spirit. Don't blind yourself with it. Be reasonable and you'll have a much happier life.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yeah, I was at that Bengals/Steelers game at Heinz last year. It's actually a beautiful stadium and the staff are awesome. They do this thing during crucial drives at the end of a close game where all the monitors go dark and they play Styx's "Renegade" to pump up the crowd. Very solid.

That said, I also got spit on during a very intense "suck it!" motion from a fan in front of me (whose mother was a Bengal fan next to him lol) and the Steelers can rot in hell forever. :)

I'll be at the home game in Dec, I can't wait. I get pumped just imagining it. Just need to be healthy when we face them... *knocks on every piece of wood in his apartment until it shatters*

tom, Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016

That's intense man. But a very cool thing that you were there! My uncle/cousins are from Pittsburgh originally so they rep black and gold every year.
    Needless to say they were livid when Pacman took that shot on Antonio Brown.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    where Is the Super Bowl being held this years Super Bowl or should I say February 2017 ?

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Washington should get a Super Bowl they already had a cold weather super bowl!
    I know Snyder really wants a SB! he even wanted to build a retractable roof to get a SB!

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm assuming you mean Burfict's shot on Brown, and that's a different game. The playoff game wasn't at Heinz, it was in Cincy-- and I was also there.

I'm not gonna discuss that one here because there's a profanity filter that will make it unreadable.

21. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    No i meant the Pacman hit, a game at Heinz was just my dream scenaro with the same players from last season. Not necessarily last season's game itself.

As rich as team rivalries are, wouldn't want to get too deep into that game either. It's too fresh.

I would like to see Markus Wheaton take a kick all the way to the house on the first play when they go against Cincy.
    As the great Jim Rome would say, I'm all for team content.

22. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002

No...just no. Please god no. We already have enough BS going on here. Plus they won't until Synder changes the name which will happen never.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A thought I had today: would the NFL be crazy enough to schedule the Raiders to play the Rams in either '17 or '18 (when they're still at the Coliseum)? It would make sense, but then the potential for chaos...

24. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    That's like asking if NASA will schedule an eclipse to happen at x date; the schedules are completely fixed in advanced. You play 6 interdivision games, 4 games against an NFC division, 4 games against an AFC division, and 2 games based on your division finish the previous season, one each against an opponent from an NFC and AFC division that finished in the same spot. The divisions in all of these are on a set rotation. You can look up the Houston Texans 2042 home and away opponents at this very moment. The only catch is you don't know what the order of the games will be.

solojones and Point Given like this.
  25. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Do it and Burn LA

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.