main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Now that I think about it, it very well could be. There was a string of games where Chicago ran us over like a dead animal on the side of the road, particularly in 2012 and 2013, if I remember correctly. One of them was 5 INTs by Romo, the other was our defense playing like bantha poodoo like they were all that year anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Can't recall who my Niners get next week. The Seahawks I think? Not sure if that means we have a good chance with the way Seattle is playing or if we'll have our usual trouble with them. *shakes head*

3. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    Baltimore plays the jags. I've no clue what'll happen. 8-}

The Vanguard and Darth_Elu like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    It's obvious. 63-0 blowout.

Jags win. [face_hypnotized]8-}

5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Whether Flacco is an elite QB can be argued for ages, but against the Jags - he better look like Joe Montania.

6. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    That's very fair. Slow starts could destroy us, and I'm not a big fan of Trestmans play calling. Plus CB Smith holds his own, but shareece wright has been beaten multiple times. He's an easily exposed weak link. However, Dumervil will play, and getting hits and sacks on him tends to screw with Bortles

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    LloydChristmas

Just know, you should stick with the Browns instead of the Bengals, according to The Good Place...

[​IMG]

Also, my NY Yankees cause me pain...

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't think lloyd was ever a browns fan.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank god

jcgoble3, xblackout and tom like this.
  10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I don't know who is more cursed, particularly at the QB position between the Redskins and the Browns..

11. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Kessler is about to be our, what, 26th? QB since 1999

Is this really a question? Come on.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's more the other Ohio team, rather than him being a Browns fan... but you get no points for the afterlife there...

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    True, albeit Washington's problems are deeper and more widespread than just their QB spot. Colt McCoy would be my answer since he was a Cleveland flop but somehow managed to win games with the Redskins.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would stick with Cousins if I was the Redskins, McCoy is a journeyman bum. the only thing I will say is Cousins gives up interceptions like crazy to the giants, but last year I think we split with the skins one game Cousins looked good one game he looked bad, but I think teams are going to find out soon enough with the Giants that there is no margin for error going against Big Blue's defense!

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I have given up on life, much like my beloved Bears. Between that Noles national rapefest and whatever the **** that dumpster fire was last night, I think I am going to stop watching football for a bit. Take Sophie for walks around the Mall instead.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Team 1 = QB led them to division title and playoffs last year, last won playoff game 10 years ago

Team 2 = hasn't been to playoffs since 2002, last won playoff game 22 years ago

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Who is Joe Montania?

PearsOfKrissto likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    famous actor, known to football fans as one of "da bears" guys. it's spelled mantegna though.

PearsOfKrissto and The Vanguard like this.
  19. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    He did the voice for "Fat Tony" on The Simpsons.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

tom likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I believe it's also a reference from The Waterboy.

"Best tackler I've seen since Joe Montana."
    "Joe Montana was a quarterback, you idiot."
    "I said Joe Mantegna."

21. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    It's so difficult to keep pace with so much pop culture!

If only I had some kind of device to keep track of it all!

22. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Tim Tebow also "led his team" into the playoffs - that didn't make him a viable starter for the position.

The issue remains present for the Redskins as much as the Browns. This isn't a history lesson to see who is more decorated.

Sure, Cousins is holding his own well enough - but let's be honest he's not the franchise QB, he's a placeholder. Who did they have before him? RG3 and he blew his knee. Bad mojo in Washington.

The Browns may be cursed, but they're not the only ones.

Quote credit goes to CT-867-5309 , spelling correction credit goes to: tom

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There's no comparison.

Edit - and funny enough, he is indeed the "franchise" quarterback.

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    ok
    [​IMG]
    By choice or by necessity? Maybe it's a lack of resources that they don't pull a John Elway and go buy a good QB from someone else..

EDIT: The photo is of a pudgy looking Ryan Leaf who was our "franchise QB." hah. I laughed out loud just typing that..

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good quarterbacks aren't available. Next year, they can draft a quarterback, or sign Gabbert. Fitzpatrick, maybe. They don't have to pay Cousins this year - but if he's remotely okay this season, they'll pay him. This is the franchise that threw buckets of cash at Antwan Randle-El, and that big oaf tackle who nobody remembers anymore.

Hold the salt. I'm not saying Cousins is anything special - but the Browns are in a historically awful position when it comes to their quarterback play over the last 20 years.

EDIT: We drafted Todd Blackledge in the greatest QB draft in history. I sympathize.

Juliet316 and The Vanguard like this.