main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Eli with two stupid passes.... on that other drive to score a FG for the lead in the fourth there should have been a third interception as well, two players ran into each other trying to pick it.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Looks like the NFL's slide into stupid rule making and failed attempts to clarify those stupid rules continues unabated.

That was a borderline turnover. No way was that a reversible call based on the new rules, which attempted to make it that much harder to overturn borderline calls made by refs on the field.

The NFL is increasingly a bunch of ducks.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Carson Wentz continues to look sharp.

Juliet316 and WookatMe like this.
  4. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    That was CLEARLY a catch in any sane world except the ridiculous NFL that has micromanaged the game into oblivion. The Niner caught that ball.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My fighting Andy Reids brought their A-game today, so far.

6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and WookatMe like this.
  7. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Eli has recordings of Peyton reminding him of the numerous beatings he took as the younger bro.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Ahhh, thanks guys I feel so much better now.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Tony Romo is still made of glass.

Juliet316 and darth_gersh like this.
  10. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    My beloved Eagles are playing a solid game so far. I know better than to count Big Ben out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Bridgewater is out, yet the Vikings are 3-0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    And no A.P.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I hate you.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Too bad In N Out isn't doing that.

The Vanguard and heels1785 like this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    J in the B is the finest fast dining establishment ever created.

If you have not tried their egg rolls, you must do so.

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I admire Wilson playing through an injury. But Carroll, get Wilson out of there you gum chewing hopped up on caffeine dope smoking hippy!

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Trevor Siemian with a 132.1 rating today against one of the two or three most talented defenses in the game - on the road. Denver doesn't need an ace back there, just a game manager to allow that defense of theirs to win games - but Siemian doesn't have a game with a completion rating below 65%, and he's faced two top-five NFL defenses.

I was assuming Dak Prescott would be the surprise breakout QB this year, but this kid is fantastic.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Because the Panthers did not play that well today.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just looking at my fantasy line for the day... there's got to be something really wrong with Luck. He's never fumbled as badly as he has in the last two weeks, let alone the rumors of the shoulder...

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Poor Luck. He's stuck on a dog of a team in what could be his prime years.

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Evidently the rule is if the offence fumbles the ball into the pylon or through the endzone, that's a touchback for the other team?! Are you ****ing kidding me?

That is an insanely dumb rule. But even more dumb is that Spencer Ware got called for that rule even though he actually went out of bounds at the one yardline. That is one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I don't think I have ever seen a TD confirmation review that resulted in the other team getting a touchback when it was called a TD on the field. Even the Jets seemed surprised.

At least Berry got the INT.

But seriously, at NO other point on the field if you fumble the ball out of bounds does the other team get the ball. How does that make any sense at all. That is nonsense.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

That's been the rule as long as we've been alive, I believe. And it's always been, in any circumstance, if you fumble the ball into the endzone it's a touchback similar to if you fumble the ball out of your own endzone it's a safety. It's entirely consistent.

I mean, go ahead and complain it was a stupid call because he should have been ruled down/out of bounds first, but this isn't the rule to complain about... :p

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll just second dp4m in saying that it is a rule, and has been, at every level of football for as long as I've watched the game.

jcgoble3 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Remember Leon Lett in Super Bowl XXVII?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's definitely always been the rule, but I do have some sympathy with sj's view, as I've always found it a bit odd. Why not just put the ball on the 1 yard line, instead? Why assume possession for the other team? I don't care for it.