main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    So, Marc Trestmans: coach the Ravens, nevermore. :p

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am not one to make excuses but, Giants had to travel to Minnesota, then Green bay? We had a really bad year last year, I thought teams with bad records get easier schedules the next year? the good news is our schedule gets easier, for a long while, we go home to play the Ravens, then to London to play the Rams so that is a neutral crowd and then home against the Bengals and then 3 or 4 at home against fairly easy teams, the hardest being the eagles at MetLife stadium...

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You just made a bad excuse.

The scheduling system is perfect. The best of the major four American leagues.

• 6 games in division, home and away per team
    • 4 opposite conference games. Full Division rotation.
    • 4 games in conference full division rotation per year
    • last 2 games are against in conference divisions not played in above bullet. You play the teams that finished as the same place as you.

This is not a flawed system. There is zero ways to improve this unless you want to eliminate inter conference games.

4. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Actually, and I know this from being a Cowboys fan, the NFC East plays the NFC North and AFC North this year. Your "easier schedule" comes from the NFC West and NFC South.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

but generally in the NFL when you have a bad season the next year your entire schedule is easier, at least that is how it used to be.

@vin
    I said I am not one to make excuses "BUT" which means I usually don't do it but sometimes there are exceptions to the rule, I am not perfect, who is?

6. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The scheduling format since the 2002 Realignment is...

6 games within your division annually (one home, one away per team)
    One division inside your conference on a rotating basis once every 3 years (4 games)
    One division in the opposite conference on a rotating basis once every 4 years (4 games)
    The remaining two games are against opponents inside your conference in the 2 divisions not on your schedule who finished in the same spot on the divisional standings as your team did (since my Cowboys finished last in the NFC East last year, we get the last place finishers in the NFC West and NFC South, those being San Francisco and Tampa Bay; your Giants got the 3rd Place NFCW and NFCS teams, Rams and Saints)

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I have been watching since the 80's I was born in 1981 I am old school although I am sure there are many on here who are older school...

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Report from Dallas-- jk jk, I didn't go to this one. But my god that O-line is amazing, erased Geno and Dunlap multiple times. At least it puts tape down for everyone at every level to not have that happen again.

And I did secretly enjoy the Cowboys fans who decided to talk **** about how Zeke tore us apart, neglecting that I have his jersey in my closet from the National Championship he gave us. [face_love]

xblackout and dp4m like this.
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    1981?!?!?! Holy crap! I thought you were 15!

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Unfortunately Cam wont be playing tonight since the NFL decided he was expendable. The woeful inconsistency of the officiating this year on reversing calls on the field and regarding QB hits form one to the next is shameful.

Rew and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    We are living in a strange world where the Vikings are the lone undefeated team left in the NFL.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Why would you think that? I am Bipolar Like Carrie Fisher does that explain anything? and Like Carrie Fisher I am on Lithium, a few years ago in January 2014 I got the flu which led to Lithium poisoning, Kidney failure, and pneumonia, I almost needed kidney dialysis, but by the grace of god, or Buddha I got better also a very supportive family mom and sister who sat by my hospital bed day and night till I got out of the hospital. all told I spent 5 days in the hospital but it took a toll on my body I was very weak. It took a few months to get back into fighting shape on a stationary bike and walking. before I got sick I was 330 pounds, when I went to see star wars last year I weighed 175! now If you thought I was a kid because I have bad grammar that is just learning disabilities I have had my whole life my thing Is Science and History and I get into quantum physics, I do use spell check though. I also one finger it on the computer and my keyboard is supper sticky from my 8 year old nephew so sometimes the keys stick. Finally I am Obsessive compulsive...

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Or we're living in the 70s again.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The Raiders are good again, so yeah, it could be the 70s.

I can't believe how much bad luck the Chargers are having this season. I wonder how this will effect their chances of getting a stadium in San Diego. Right now, it the odds would favor them moving to Los Angeles.

And there's a big vote in Las Vegas whether or not to increase a hotel tax to help pay for a stadium for the Raiders.

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Two weeks in a row where the Chargers have blown leads.

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Isn't it 3 weeks? They have led inside the last 2 minutes every game they've lost (up until this one).

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Vikings winning, Star Wars movies, John Travolta on TV. Memba the 70s? I memba!

ShaneP and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The Steelers, Raiders, and Cowboys were winning Super Bowls in the 70s. Minnesota only lost them.

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I can only take so much Chargers so I don't know. I do know it was the last two certainly.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The Chargers also blew the opener against the Chiefs, allowing the Chiefs to have their biggest comeback ever, and all in the fourth quarter.

FWIW, I believe one of those years was when the whole AFC West swept the whole NFC West. There have been openings in that division. It's overrated.

ShaneP likes this.
  21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I think I confused you with chromide. He's 15.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Joke is over, Panthers. Get your **** together.

Anderson, Benjamin and Artis-Payne are playing the best they can but they can't carry the team.

23. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Carolina bringing the Payne

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    That's what I thought you did when I saw your post.
    Thanks for broadcasting my age again..... how tf did you find it out in the first place anyway?

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's the worst False Start call I've ever seen...