main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hate to see what happened to Earl Thomas during that lopsided game last night. One of the very best, if not the best safety in the league.

Get well soon.

ShaneP and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Yes, you are, because I did read that part too.

I suggest you read the part in question. http://yourteamcheats.com/SD

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I just read the most amazing stat ever.

Blake Bortles, QB JAX
    Career Wins: 10
    Career Pick-Sixes: 11

Juliet316 and Nanaki like this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think this is one of the differences between football and baseball -- I don't think they are allowed the same "kangaroo courts" in football, especially after BountyGate; whether because of the CBA or not, but this is 100% something that would have been taken care of in the locker room in baseball.

5. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Kyle Van Noy played pretty well yesterday..... same with the other LB they traded for this offseason from the Bears, Shea McClellin. Didn't see any of Barkevious Mingo. But Van Noy was just as good as Collins has been this year yesterday.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Chro I suggest you read reputable sources that report things without a Breitbartian slant.

"Your Team Cheats" is a shoddy mocking-Deflategate website. It has no place in a legitimate conversation about cheating, which does happen, and you continue to lose credibility while citing it.

Dude laid WOOD on Gronk and he's like 5'10". Respect.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks for responding to my post that included a bunch of specific incidents showing why the Broncos aren't just dirty but are in fact the biggest cheaters of the last 20 years in the NFL, and my criticism that you'd never acknowledged any of my posts about the verifiable facts of those incidents, by still not replying any of the things I once again listed. You proved my point quite well. You and many other fans are completely clueless about the way the Broncos have actually cheated, even when presented with unbiased sources that aren't just some Patriots apology site.

And no, I don't mean their dirty play alone or poking guys in the eye. They do those things, absolutely. But I'm talking about the kind of top down cheating that people normally associate only with Bellichick and Brady. But which they should really associate more with Shanahan and Elway to a larger degree. Again, try Googling for news stories on the Broncos salary cap, spygate, and Vaseline jersey cheats. Those were all acknowledged and punished by the NFL.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    LloydChristmas -- going back to important things: where did you find guava lemonade? Guava juice is like my favorite juice in the world!

Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sounds far inferior to POG juice, though. Yes like the game. Passion Orange Guava juice is a thing only in Hawaii for some obscene reason.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    what? there are like four different brands at every store here in rural washington.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Do you have a lot of Hawaiians? I have never seen it in LA :(

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    surely you at least have juice bars that could make you one?

13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    omg I don't care about the Broncos being cheaters...why would I respond to posts not aimed at me, from god knows when, about a team I don't like, for things I don't care if you rip on...in fact I literally just said "**** the Broncos!" like two seconds ago...direct quote...What planet are you on?!

jfc my brain hurts

I got the guava lemonade from xblackout, Bravo grocery store down the block. I don't think I've ever actually touched a guava though so I can only say it's delicious and assume it's guava-y

15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Oooh there's a bravo near me.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Lloyd, some of those posts absolutely were directed at you before. So was the one you responded to earlier without saying anything about the examples I'd brought up. You, as usual, were more interested in making personal comments against me than in actually talking about football. It's practically pathological at this stage, and a totally inappropriate way to post.

And the reason I aimed some of those things at you in the first place is that you in fact routinely criticize me a lot for taking aim at and vehemently hating the Broncos. I agree that you do have much reason to stand up for them... Which is why it's so weird that you frequently flame me for making points about how terrible the Broncos are, even when those are backed up with facts.

I have lots of reasons to hate the Broncos. You have zero reason to so vehemently hate me, and it's frankly kind of weird the way you frequently avoid talking about actual football points, which is basically all I post about here, in favor of swearing at me and being irrationally belligerent when I'm just here to talk football, man.

Do I seem like a person who wants to spend $12 on a glass of juice? Blech. LA.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    sj and lloyd. Every. single. week.

Can you knock it off and coexist, or just stay away from each other? You're both lovely people, except when sniping at each other in this thread. That sniping drags this thread down for everyone else, which is not fair.

I'm asking nicely.

jcgoble3, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Heels, I don't know what to tell you. Please actually read our posts. I post about sports teams and players. He posts about me. Normally I don't even start talking to him, but he will still make personal comments towards me when I'm just posting generally about a game or player. Just ad hoc flaming. Nothing I have posted in today's discussion is against the TOS. I've just posted facts about a team in the NFL, and asked that Lloyd read those facts and reply to him if he likes, please, rather than swearing at me and making personal comments.

I don't appreciate being warned for talking about sports in a sports thread, and asking that other posters please do the same instead of just making hateful remarks that are personally about me.

19. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Let me be very, very clear about something:

solojones you have, in the course of a few pages, accused me of being illiterate, a creep, intellectually lazy, pathologically obsessed with you, hating you, and being irrationally belligerent. All direct quotes.

Over those same few pages I'd like you to point out a single instance where I made a personal remark about you in those ways. A single one.

In fact I've tried to defuse a ton of those things with jokes ("ARE YOU AARON RODGERS?!") because wtf is the point of getting heated on a Star Wars message board.

So heels1785 you have every right to say knock it off, but I'm gonna go ahead and refuse to be lumped into that same kind of rhetoric as if we're sniping in the same way.

I'm here to have fun, debunk silly websites (for the benefit of everyone!), and drink sweet sweet guava lemonade damnit.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I said that an argument you made was intellectually lazy. I further said that I don't appreciate your sustained obsession with me, and with turning this thread into a hate-fest against me, something you seem to take pride in. I am allowed to stand up for myself, especially when the mods have made it very clear they don't give a crap if a user like you regularly derails a whole thread and makes it about bashing another user.

You don't seem to realize that some people don't consider you swearing at them in response to their posts to be “all in good fun.” Or doing the equivalent of yelling by using ALL CAPS and ?! combined with swearing. Please don't do that. It's decidedly not “in good fun”, and I don't consent to that kind of tone as just “mutual ribbing.” I have kept my own tone measured. You don't seem to realize how aggressive your own tone is. You don't have to respond to every post someone makes with things like, “lol wtf what planet are you even on” and “jfc” (a phrase I'm not even sure we're allowed to envoke here).

If you think that's the same things as saying someone's particular argument is “intellectually lazy” (a perfectly civil comment of dissent), well then, that's part of the issue. Please take some time to consider your tone and how it might be seen as hateful and flaming, especially when you have a history of responding mostly to my posts, even when I'm talking to many people here about many things, and of making the thread about “jokes” about how terrible I am.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    So Cam was benched for the opening drive last night for not wearing a tie on the team's plane to the game.

Rew, Chromide and LloydChristmas like this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Once again... is this a high school team? That is insane.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

You only got in because Washington embarrisingly choked against the Cards.

darth_gersh likes this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Seriously? Have you seen the Cards this year?