main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He was just on the FS1 set with his old college coach Wannstedt, seemed to be good.

Tom Brady threw the ball 62 times tonight. Incredibly accurate on that OT drive, touch pass to Hogan on the sideline was perfection. Remarkable.

Chromide likes this.
  2. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    466 yards passing is SB record. Best QB ever. I don't see how anyone can say he isn't.

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
  4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    But he cheated, no?
    Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The next 3 after that? All by Kurt Warner, which equalled first all-time at the time of his retirement (and people still don't think records of this magnitude are HOF-worthy?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

6. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    No, and since when is making the superbowl and losing worse than being eliminated in the first round like Montana was so many times?

7. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    He retired as the all-time leading passer in Super Bowl history. That's bigger than the regular season. And last I checked, Kurt Warner doesn't play defense.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I kid. Tom Brady was the GOAT before this game and even if they didn't make this game.

Gigoran Monk and Chromide like this.
  9. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Point being? I do think he should have made the HOF, glad he did.

10. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    I say the real GOAT would be Otto Graham. 10 Championship Games, 7 titles.

11. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Back when there were barely any teams in the league and all the best players were basically on the same team? Sorry, makes no sense.
    I'm a Boston fan and that is as dumb as saying Russell is better than Jordan.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Yeah we're talking modern era.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

He played against potatoes. Being edgy isn't always the way to go.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Like the HOF, everyone has their opinion. That's what makes discussion fun.

Montana, Marino, Elway, Moon, Young, even Favre.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    the fact a super bowl is decided by a coin toss is pretty bad. but well done brady

Rew likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Spoken like a Manchester Untied fan.

17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Falcons defense had a job to do and they failed again.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Indeed, but it is a team loss. I wouldn't put the blame on the defense specifically.

The Falcons defense only gave up 28 points in regulation, and one of those touchdowns came off the Ryan fumble. The defense had five sacks and a pick six that you could say canceled out another touchdown.

The Falcons offense was explosive, but ultimately accounted for only three touchdowns - 21 points.

Yeah, the defense gave up a big lead, but the offense didn't do enough, either. The offense had a chance to score late in the fourth and blew it.

19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    That was the most amazing game in any sport that I have ever seen.

Brady is not human. And unquestionably the greatest quarterback that ever lived.

That is all.

Chromide and heels1785 like this.
  20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    As for comms: I thought the 84 Lumber, Audi and Anheiser Busch ads were the best. You know the country is in trouble when the inspiring stories of immigrants are criticized as "political." **** you, fascists. This is a nation of immigrants, and celebrating that is as American as apple pie.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Hey, does this make Tom Brady the Lord of the Rings??

[face_beatup]

Chromide and Gigoran Monk like this.
  22. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Well aint that a shocker. I went to bed after Atlanta scored their 4th touchdown, thinking the hole was way too big and even Brady couldn't dig himself out of this one. And now I wake up to superbowl history. Just amazing. I remember the 49ers almost did it against the Ravens years ago, but they choked on the goal line.

23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    It's games like this that make me hate the world and everything in it. Seeing an arrogant piece of garbage like Brady win again is beyond disgusting. People like him make me hope there is a hell. Atlanta is the ultimate choke city in sports. They should just fold all of their teams immediately and the city should be leveled. They are complete and total losers. If the Patriots make it back to the Super Bowl again next year (and they will, because the world sucks), I will skip the game and go to the movies. I don't care if the only movie playing is the new Fifty Shades movie.

As for the Falcons, they are finished. The Super Bowl loser always has a bad season the next year, and they will be no different. I predict 6-10 for the biggest choke artists in NFL history.

Matt Ryan is a loser.

The only thing that gets me through seeing these scumbags win is knowing they lost not one, but two Super Bowls to the New York Giants.

I hate nothing more than seeing Boston teams win anything.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yes, yes, but how does this connect back to your subconscious attraction to your mother?

CT-867-5309 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  25. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    How is Brady arrogant? He strikes me as the opposite. But then, I haven't this history with hating Boston teams as you seem to have. Scumbags, really?

Chromide and Gigoran Monk like this.