main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    It should be worth pointing out that the exclusive tag was used on Cousins. Barring a blockbuster trade, Cousins is staying put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kaaya from Miami should get a lot of traction coming out of the combine, and I think he's got the best chance of this underwhelming class of QBs to succeed. There were some rumors a few months ago that Chicago was keeping a close eye on him, before he gained any national name recognition.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So, there's a new 40 yard dash king in town...

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    No. March 9th is the first day where teams can sign free agents. I'm sure the 49ers will sign a veteran QB as they don't have one on their roster right now.

The 49ers have about $90 - $100 million to spend, however, I'm not sure if there are many quality free agents willing to sign with them.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    First day of the three day 'legal tampering' period before Free Agency begins.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea I looked It Up thanks though!:)
    According to his article Today at noon you can negotiate Free agency begins Thursday? or Is It Friday?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000790997/article/nfl-free-agency-negotiation-period-underway

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I agree with all of that except for the power back.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think that's a good move for Marshall and the Giants. Marshall doesn't have to move and the Giants get a solid number one type WR to replace Cruz.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Adam Schefter tweeted that the Bills will be keeping Tyrod Taylor and the Cowboys will be dropping Tony Romo tomorrow. I think the Broncos and Texans will be in a bidding war for Romo.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I would stay far away from Romo, he is very injury prone and an Injury away from a career ender.
    Not only is Marshal a really good move he is really tall good target, Eli hasn't had that since, Plaxico Burress !!!!!

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, since both the Broncos and Texans are a legitimate contenders for a championship run with the right QB, I think Romo would be worth the risk at the right price. Romo being a free agent is a good start in the sense that neither team has to trade for him.

I mean, Peyton Manning was considered a risk with his age and medical history, but he paid off.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i expect whatever offers romo gets will be very low in terms of guaranteed money, but lucrative if he manages to stay on the field.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I bet that somehow, someway that the Browns will end up with Romo.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would expect that too since John Elway didn't get into a bidding war for Brocklobster when the Texans signed him away. However, Romo might be a different story.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Romo would choose retirement over Cleveland, San Francisco, or Jacksonville. They're all just way too far away from any success, and poorly managed franchises.

Houston would eat 25 million to cut Osweiler. Does Elway want to bury Paxton Lynch behind a clipboard for 2-3 more years?

Chicago Bears is my pick. And they draft Brad Kaaya in the 2nd-3rd round to develop.

Chromide likes this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Bears apparently really want Mike Glennon at QB....why I don't know why but that's the rumor. Don't think they will go after Romo and Glennon but then again the Bears upper brass is pretty stupid.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Glennon will apparently cost 16 million a year (LOL). I don't think they'd be able to keep Romo and Glennon, especially as Glennon is no longer really all that young.

cubman987 likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I don't see Glennon as a $16 million/year QB. Perhaps his agent is throwing that number around, but that could be the market value for teams desperate for a starting QB.

21. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Manning's Denver contract was pretty straightforward. It was really a series of 5 one-year contracts. If he passed a medical examination by the time free agency started, his salary for the upcoming season was fully guaranteed. If not, the contract became null and void, so basically it was both player-friendly and team-friendly, depending on the situation. I can see the Broncos doing something similar with Romo.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    If The Chargers are now The Los Angeles Chargers what home stadium do they play in 2017 the Coliseum ? and do they share a Stadium in the future with the Rams like the Giants and Jets?

23. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  24. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Come to think of it, I recall Romo having the same agent as both Mannings; Tom Condon.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The 49ers have a QB in Brian Hoyer and I find more interesting a FB in Kyle Juszczyk, which tells me that Shannahan has plans for a strong running game.