main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hoyer for two years is fine. niners are at least that far from competing. just need someone to hold the fort while we rebuild.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, but it doesn't preclude the 49ers from still working out a trade for Cousins should Shanahan feel he is the right QB for his system. Speculation the 49ers have or will offer Washington a 2nd round pick for Cousins. The Niners have reached deals with Pierre Garcon and Marquise Goodwin.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
  4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, the Chargers will share the stadium with the Rams in Inglewood once it is done I believe starting in 2019.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Giants one of 4 teams In on Martellus Benet!
    Hopefully we get him, He was a Giant In the past might be a factor here?

On NFL Network they are saying Redskins could be shopping kirk cousins, and also my nephew got an earing :cool:

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I predict empty seats at StubHub by the last home game of the Chargers' season. Finally, the Raiders will not have the biggest dump of a stadium in the division.

Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepherd, and OBJ is an incredible tandem for Eli. If they can fix their line and defensive problems in the draft, they can easily pass Dallas this year.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Pats look like they're getting Stephon Gilmore to replace Logan Ryan. The rich get richer - GIlmore isn't a shutdown corner, but he's very close, and (unlike Mike Glennon) worth the 14-15 mil a year he'll draw.

8. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Hyped about Matt Kalil to Panthers.

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    From what I'm reading Cousins to SF is still a possibility. Cousins apparently wants out of Washington and wants to reunite w/Shanahan in SF. Hoyer at this stage is either, as you said, a solid bridge QB or a very solid backup QB in waiting. Either way a good get.

I don't quite get the Bears' fascination w/Glennon. Not at those dollars (reportedly 3 years, $43.5 million) anyway. He's been reasonably effective when he's gotten the chance, and he's a solid character guy by all accounts, but not sure I'd hitch my wagon to his star. But then again it's only three years (didn't see what he got guaranteed) and if he proves himself, great. If not, you've got that time to develop his replacement.

10. ThisHurricane

Mar 9, 2015
    That is a ton of money for a FB. I thought Shannahan would have went after Dimarco, he coached him and would have been cheaper.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Eagles cut Connor Barwin to save a bit of cap. Could be a valuable pickup for a team in need of an impact pass rusher, assuming last season was an aberration.

May be too expensive for their plans, but Patriots could sign him to replace Chris Long.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

well it isn't a cookie cutter it is a soccer stadium built in 2003 some of these soccer stadiums are cute and quaint they are just small but not dumps.
    this is the stub hub center it is just super small.
    [​IMG]

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Yeah, that's why it caught my eye. It's strange, but the team is on a long road to rebuilding.

I'm not surprised on the lack of interest on Kaepernick. However, I'm sure he'll be picked up soon.

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I see reports that Brock Osweiler has been traded (or will be traded) to Cleveland along with a second-rounder. If true, the Texans are definitely opening up cap space to trade for Romo.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Texans shipping Brock Osweiler and some draft picks off to Cleveland for a draft pick, but Browns taking on his full salary. I guess the Texans think they are getting Romo or Cutler.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I was getting ready to post ever "LOL" gif ever made, but it looks like Cleveland is going to cut Osweiler right away.

Houston will almost certainly be getting Romo, one would have to think. Osweiler for Cutler is hardly an improvement worth losing a 2nd round pick on.

17. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Then why in the Seven Gates of Hell did the Browns make this trade if they're going to release him anyway?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They're slightly improving their draft picks.

Cleveland has so much cap space that they can actually just eat Osweiler's contract.

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    The Texans gave the Browns a second-rounder to take on the contract. That would be somewhere in the 50s, which would give the Browns what, five, picks in the top 60?

20. ThisHurricane

Mar 9, 2015
    Its a 2018 draft pick.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Browns might use that 2nd round pick to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. The Browns need a solid QB if there spending $60 million on former Bengals guard Kevin Zeitler for five years.

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    And the Texans give away a second rounder just to rid themselves of Brock Osweiler. Browns did well there.

Chromide likes this.
  23. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Curious to see what we do with all of these picks. We have a history of poor draft decisions :oops:

24. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Trade them to the Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo?

25. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeahhhh, but if that involves giving up the number 1 pick I really don't like that. Otherwise, yeah, sure, great. But the last thing I want is to hand that pick over to the Pats.