main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Getting that extra 3rd rounder by shaking down the Bears will help with that.

tom likes this.
  2. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Wait...did the Browns actually...do...well in the first round? Surely something is going to go wrong, right?

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    We shall see.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd score San Francisco the highest in the 1st round, with Cleveland, New Orleans, and Tampa (OJ Howard is going to be a monster) also having great nights. Washington getting Allen 10 spots after he should have been taken is great, too.

Bears and Chiefs are losers for me. Both gave up way too much for extremely risky options at QB - Trubisky with his 13 college starts, and Mahomes for being so unpolished in his skill set. I also think Pittsburgh passing over Foster to grab the younger Watt was questionable.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I like what the 49ers did in Round One, especially in the light they gave up huge running yardage last year. I'm glad they don't feel the pressure to reach and draft a QB. I hope SF pick up some offensive lineman in Round 2. The loss of Iupati and Boone a couple of years ago really hurt the offense and they haven't been able to find replacements for either of them.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Day 1 of the draft was okay in my book. My Lions drafted a position of need in LB Jarrad Davis of Florida. Not the sexiest pick, but we are hurting on the Defensive side of things, so this works out for me. Watching San Fran fleece the rival Bears was a thing of beauty. The Gnashing of teeth in Chicago can be heard all the way here in Mount Pleasant, MI. lol.

Kansas City spent an awful lot to get Mahomes as well, but still not as bad as the Bears.

the 49ers and Cleveland definitely did well. Day 1.

As a Lions fan, I am hoping for even more Defensive picks today. I'd prefer a DE or DT, but if another stud linebacker can be had, why not?

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This would be the round that I'd prefer the Chiefs moved up in, to get Dalvin Cook. Doubtful we have the resources to do so.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That was the projection. Very good pick.

Chromide likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Joe Mixon to the Bengals = perfect fit.

Chromide and PCCViking like this.
  11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I could have watched the Philly crowd get trolled all night.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Glad to see the Panthers getting McCaffrey and Samuel.

And Josh Jones should be a good fit for Green Bay.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I sat there listening to that and thought, 'is he trying to commit suicide via a Philly riot?'

14. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I'm embarrassed to be a Bengals fan tonight. I thought Mike Brown had moved on from bringing criminals on the team (outside of Pacman Jones, anyway), but here we are. A woman beater in the second round. Absolutely tasteless.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    carl peterson and scott pioli have tied up all of our execs and are running this draft out of a basement somewhere for amusement/revenge

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

At least he went after the accused rapist picked up by the Raiders.:rolleyes: This draft is making me embarrassed to be a female football fan period.

17. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I thought that "accused rapist" was still innocent until proven guilty. Where's the proof? The Duke Lacrosse team got charged despite evidence that exonerated them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Chromide likes this.
  18. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013

I sincerely hope Conley is innocent, though. I'm a proud Buckeye, root for them through and through and love to see them get drafted. But, yeah, I was surprised he didn't drop out of the first round after the accusations. Here's hoping they ring false (unlike Mixon, where we can watch him punch a woman square in the face...ugh).

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Look, I hope he's innocent of this. However, the police are still investigating and that means he could still be at the very least charged at anytime. Was this a risk the Raiders really really wanted to take at this stage?

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Good pick for Dallas in 2nd round.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Glad to see my second and third favorite teams, the Seahawks and the Packers, also getting great picks.

Nazair Jones. Seattle, this UNC fan says you've got a good one.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Pressure's on Matt Stafford now. Congrats to Detroit for landing a hell of a quarterback late in the draft.

23. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Waited forever for the Patriots to draft and then they traded down, and they end up getting 2 DEs and 2 OTs.....
    Though their first two look very promising in Derek Rivers and Antonio Garcia.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Bills fired their GM this morning after the Draft.

25. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    He made a decent trade in the draft, and then he gets fired? Seriously?