main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently so.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    its terry pegula

in the nhl, he's a laughingstock. in the nfl, there are so many other awful owners to hide amongst. but he's awful

Chromide likes this.
  3. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    This isn't the first time I've seen a GM in any major sport get fired right after the draft. The Portland Trail Blazers did the same to Kevin Pritchard a few years ago...circa 2011 or 2012 if I'm not mistaken? One fan was quoted by the press as calling the move "worse than the Jail Blazers" (and the GM that got canned in that case was the same GM that ended the Jail Blazers era of the framchise to begin with).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    can anyone who watched him on a regular basis tell me anything about QB Davis Webb? the media are comparing the Giants situation with letting him learn under Eli for two years to Aaron Rodgers holding a clip board for three years behind Favre, might the Giants have the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady waiting in the wings or is that reaching a bit?

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think claiming that you have one the top 10 all time QBs on your roster as a backup is always reaching until it actually happens.

Chromide likes this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea probably true I never made that assumption though just reiterating what was said on NFL Network and a radio call in show on the Giants.com the two hosts are Giants beat writers. I just figured this is a big message board we might have some Cal fans or Texas Tech fans on here who saw him actually play and can tell me if he is any good?

If anyone is interested in an Article mostly highlighting Webs work ethic and he is the son of a college coach and when he retires from playing football he wants to get into coaching! So he has great work ethic, had a great scouting combine, and has second round draft talent a lot of scouts had him going in the second round...
    http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/14/nfl-draft-davis-webb-first-round-quarterbacks-obi-melifonwu

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm pretty happy with the 49ers' draft. Now, I'm just waiting for training camp to get these guy in and see if the culture has change with the new regime.

The Raiders had a questionable draft in terms of quality of character, but I feel like they addressed some needs.

8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Ask me in about three years how the Packers did on this draft

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

were you a Raiders fan? if so what do you think of there moving to Vegas?

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm still a Raiders fan. I'm not happy with the move to Las Vegas, but I wasn't happy when they moved to Los Angeles. It just sucks the city of Oakland is money strapped and couldn't work out a deal to keep the team as they supported the during some really bad years. As long as I can watch them on TV I'll still be a fan. I just hope they can win a Super Bowl before the make the move and give the city of Oakland one last fond memory of the team.

11. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    [Daria voice]Color me shocked. Shocked I tell you. [face_plain] [/Daria voice]

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So apparently Jamal Charles signed a one year deal with the Broncos.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, that was unfortunate to see. Regardless of the last few seasons and no matter where he ends up, I'll always hold JC in high regard, and I think he is well liked by the majority of Chiefs fans.

..but would have preferred he avoided Denver or Oakland as his next stop.

Chromide likes this.
  16. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I just won a vintage Lawrence Taylor jersey off of eBay for 15 bucks.... I'm excited. Yes, I'm a Pats fan, but I collect jerseys.... and this one is special.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Jay Cutler's following Tony Romo into the broadcast booth... On Fox.

Chromide likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good. He's a smart guy, and should make a good analyst if he shows a bit of personality.

I'm surprised San Francisco didn't make a play for him, but he wasn't going to be a longterm answer anywhere.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, he's not completely closing the door (even less so than Tony Romo did), and all it takes is one QB going down...

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

I wouldn't want Culter in San Francisco. He's been injury prone and lacks good leadership qualities.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    His ceiling is certainly higher than Hoyer's, though, in terms of career accomplishments. The long-term solution will be the only one that matters in the end, and that player may be in next year's draft or FA class.

23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ That's pretty much why the 49ers or anyone was interested in signing the guy. He's like the modern day Jeff George.

The Niners are in the first year of the Shanahan/Lynch era, and they're going for a slow built with a lot of young players and they don't need a sourpuss in the starring role to set the example. It was an easy pass on Cutler. The Niners just need to win four games and they'll double the number of wins from the previous season and it will be considered a good year.

25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I can't wait for Cutler to get to call a Bears game. I hope he spends the whole time criticizing players for their body language.

Chromide likes this.