main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I'll laugh so hard if the Giants make it 3-0 against the Pats.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Hmm... Could have sworn he was inducted some years back posthumously.

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Nope, Steve was a very good NFL QB but not a great one and hence why he isn't in Canton.

heels1785

The NFL would be doing a dance down Main Street if that were the Super Bowl this year. Brady vs Eli III. Can Tom finally slay the one guy who has manage to take rings off his fingers or will Eli one up his brother yet again??

heels1785 likes this.
  4. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I am hearing rumors that the TB/MIA game is going to be postponed until Week 11 when they both have bye weeks...I feel like the players union is going to have a say about that.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Maybe. On the other hand, the very real threat of the possible damage Irma will probably cause has to be taken into consideration in this case.I doubt fans or players are going to be wanting to think about a football game when there's a potential Cat 5 hurricane bearing down on you.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. The NFLPA would look like real pricks for protesting a game reschedule while houses were falling over, before or after the fact. Lots of people will be hurting.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    They should just play the game on Thursday or Friday

Chromide and TahiriVeilaSolo69 like this.
  8. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Shouldn't be hard to find a neutral location to hold the game though.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

I'm sure Lord Brady would be happy to give up prime spot this week.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The concern is that neither team would have a bye week and player safety becomes a concern, don't think it is unreasonable for them to come up with another option.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If they can come up with another feasible option, great, but right now the entire east coast is on alert right now (there's now way to tell where exactly Irma's going to go after it goes through the Caribbean, other than it'll smack Florida in someway), but putting players, personnel, their families and the fans in harms way cannot be an option.

12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Alarmist, much? Sheesh.

13. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    The Ravens/Texans game was postponed under the exact same circumstances in 2008. Both teams had the same regularly scheduled bye week as well, if I remember correctly

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Watching NFL Network, and Ezekiel Eliot's suspension has been upheld, however, he'll be allowed to play week 1 while Eliot fights it in federal court.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Myles Garrett out for 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

It's just not fair.

[​IMG]

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    It's your destiny.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

that's ridiculous he shouldn't be able to play week 1 his suspension should start week one. :mad:just for ratings I am sure :mad: but I will say at least if the Giants beat them there will be no excuses. I don't like to wish injury on any player and I am not, but wouldn't it be something if Zeke had a really serious injury week one?

subsequently with the Hurricane coming and I live in the southwest coast of Florida in Port Charlotte I may or may not loose power and might miss the game but I went to the battery store yesterday and have an old fashioned boom box so if I lose power I may be able to listen on AM Radio or on my phone? ....

19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    omg Mark Wahlberg hyping the stadium about the Super Bowl comeback when he left early this is hilarious

20. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Patriots trolling Falcons pregame love it.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't like rooting for the chefs, but when I do it is usually vs. the Patriots.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    This game was incredibly satisfying to watch. Nothing like a little Patriots loss to make my night!

The Vanguard, Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So that happened.

25. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I had a bad feeling about this, and I'm not that surprised considering the lack of depth to the front seven and the wide receivers. Brady looked terrible tonight. I don't think the Patriots have come together as a team yet.......

This happened back in 2014, so I'm not worried, yet. And it was the Chiefs then, too.