main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Perhaps Jabba-wocky can tell us about a most honorable sport to cheer and jeer for.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Clearly it is cycling, as there can't possibly be any cheating there...

ma_petite likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Football is linked to long term neurological injury and I wouldn't advise people to play it, not to perpetuate the commercial enterprise that seems starkly exploitative in light of that fact.

tom and vin like this.
  5. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Pretty much all of them, along with ones the Roid Sux stole.

6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    you bitter jealous petty little man, you're so full of venom.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I was only like a paragraph in and then he went full-homer...

I mean, I believe that Elliot almost certainly hit more than one of his girlfriends -- but the NFL's case, especially in tandem with an ongoing criminal case -- was way, way less conclusive than the Deflategate investigation. Both deserved to be punished, but the NFL screwed up the Elliot one so badly that he's likely to either win his TRO outright or on appeal, given the legal doctrine at play. Tom Brady was guilty of cheating at the game and chose not to cooperate with no penalty to himself whatsoever had he chosen to cooperate. Ezekiel Elliot was almost-certainly guilty of domestic violence and chose not to cooperate with an NFL investigation that would have landed him in jail if he cooperated.

The NFL's dumb, but no player is that dumb...

8. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    And we beat you where it mattered, in the postseason in 2015....... and we have won two SBs in that time. But the Chiefs definitely deserve respect for giving it to the Pats like this, especially at a home opener this year, and in 2014 it was even worse....

It is Berry's Achilles, out for season....

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I love how I predicted this just before the "ESPN legal expert" went on The Six and said there was very little chance it'd happen. :p The court specifically referenced the "fundamental fairness" concept during arguments, IIRC, which sort of tipped the hand...

11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I can taste leoluca's tears.

12. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

I don't think it's a concern for him right now, considering he's right smack dab in Hurricane Irma's path.

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    For you older NFL/SW fans the next "30 for 30" is about the 1987 Scab Redskins who became the basis for one of my favorite bad movies, The Replacements. :)

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    reggie mckenzie showing his class, yet again. could have cut seb and hung him out to dry - 39 year old kicker with back problems due to make 3 mil? 90% of the teams in the league would have dumped him without second thought, and recouped the $. probably the smart thing to do.

raiders put him on IR - full salary, essentially thanking him for 17 seasons of greatness and loyalty. i imagine seb will retire, and he damn well should be in the hall of fame.

two sundays a year, **** oakland. the rest of the time, it's just a game, and this is a really great thing to do. props.

16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Jay Cutler: "why'd we cancel the game i see someone open"

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm probably going to hell for giggling at that.

18. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Hester and Vinatieri should be the absolute next Special Teamers to go in Canton.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Finally! True football is back!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    My body is ready.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    College doesn't count? :p

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Only when I have to acknowledge the annoyance that is it taking over nearly every TV channel on Saturdays.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That's one of the reasons I like college football more. I have a greater variety of games to watch, whereas I would need either DirectTV, Dish or go to a sports bar to see other NFL games that are outside my viewing area.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like college and pro football; my only issue with college football is that they stop the clock and review every damn play. Then the games run over, and the game I want to watch on ESPN gets bumped to ESPNNews, which I don't have, until the first game finishes.

solojones likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Should not have looked at the football score just now.

The Vanguard likes this.