main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Don't do that. The last 2 weeks have shown the world that the Cowboys defense can't even stop a nosebleed in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sick about JJ. Really sick over that. Hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Rams offense was bound to sputter, so that wasn't much a surprise today; good to see a much fuller crowd at the Coliseum.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Maybe Washington found your defense for a bit this season?:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    MNF should be good tomorrow, plus we get the new SW trailer.
    [face_party]

The Vanguard likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

... which means I can't watch the game. :p (need to be at the theater to buy tix)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Does your theatre not have a website?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It does. So does Fandango, MovieTickets.com, etc. They've all crashed the last two years, because my city > yours. :p

Seriously though, I think the number was like 12,000 shows sold out in 2 hours or some ridiculousness?

EDIT: On NFL news:

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You know, I think this Deshaun Watson guy might make something of himself in this league... :p

The Vanguard and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Yeah, I think that's the biggest difference for the Texans between now and last year when Watt was out for the year with an injury. Their not hodge - podging it at QB like they seemed to be doing last year. Houston, it seems, may have finally found their franchise QB.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I missed...the Aaron Rodgers comeback...to go watch...the Indians...lose...a playoff game...

[​IMG]

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I think I just don't have to deal with big companies/sites, because for my KC tickets I go to Alamo Drafthouse and for LA it's Arclight. But since some Christmas travel plans are up in the air, I have to buy two sets of tickets in separate cities, so... Wish me luck!

Man that game was brutal for injuries. And aside from the terrible cheap headshot on Kelce (who had 98 yards in just one half at that point)... All the rest were non-contact. Is there something up with NRG's playing surface? Watt breaks his leg on nothing, Texans special team guy the same, and poor Chris Conley getting that brutal visible Achilles tear. Definitely makes me wonder. And makes me happy the Chiefs of play on well-tended grass. I just hate turf.

But seriously, if the guy who hit Kelce helmet to helmet doesn't get a big fine, I'll be very surprised. And pissed.

As for Watt... Man, it really sucks. He's having a Romo-like problem with injuries over the last few years. While I believe he's currently one of the most overrated players in football based on actual recent performance, I appreciate how great he was at his peak. And much more importantly, how important he is to Houston with how he's helped the community. I hope the silver lining is that he has more time for a while to help focus on putting all that money to good use.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Watson, with that last TD and 2 pt conversion, may have won me the week for one of my teams. Pending L. Murray tonight.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Sadly, the Packers v. Cowboys game wasn't on in my market because we got the Raiders v. Ravens, which was a horrible game for me to watch.

The 49ers again were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, which still puts them in the running for the number 1 overall pick.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Y.A. Tittle died.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

ESPN just suspended Jemele Hill for two weeks over her remarks about Jerry Jones and boycotting Dallas Cowboys sponsors. There is a lot more going on then we know here mainly I think Hill is lashing out a bit. Basically Katie Nolan is being brought in to replace her on the evening SC since that simply isn't doing well with Hill and Smith.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's absolutely no chance ESPN is seriously considering replacing Jemele Hill with Katie Nolan without an entire retooling of The Six and, y'know, making it not black. Not a great look.

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They are retooling the show. It simply isn't doing well despite being the prime slot on their card as it is right after the workday ends and leads up to many of their live sports shows. I think people do not understand how big of a get Katie Nolan was for them. She brings a built in audience (one of the few shows that wasn't sucking ratings wise on FS1) and has to haul a trunk full of awards with her to Bristol. Oh and she is barely 30 LOL!

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I heard sports radio talk guy this morning saying that OBJ was crying because he couldn't compete with his teammates anymore. To me, it looks like tears of pain.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The Problem with the NFL Is they have told Middle class Americans with there exorbitant Prices they have told middle class Americans your not Welcome in our Stadiums they have priced us out. The NFL Is for the super rich. To sit In the last row of most NFL Upper decks in the NFL it is hundreds of dollars never mind the middle deck and lower bowl what are we talking about Thousands of dollars?

I would Love to see my Giants In a better year for them at the stadium in Tampa Bay my family does not have the money to do it.
    Compare It to Yankee Stadium you can sit in the bleachers for 12 dollars and the upper deck for about 20 something dollars ....

24. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I pay more than twelve dollars to watch the Charlotte Knights.

...a statement which also has nothing to do with football.

A statement which has something to do with football: I’m enjoying seeing Trubisky start.