main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Keep in mind that they're playing the Bucs. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So apparently the Panthers’ reasoning for trading Benjamin is that Funchess is essentially the same player, they don’t need any more Really Big Dude receivers, and they want to have room to recruit some smaller guys.

I guess Christian McCaffrey would count; 5’11” and 205 pounds and can run between anybody. Maybe they’re looking for more McCaffreys? ...which is fine if they find some with his skill.

Seeing glimpses of 2015 Cam Newton today, and it was great to see Mike Adams get that interception after so many other players greased their gloves with butter before going on the field. Hold onto the damn ball guys.

Rew and heels1785 like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    PCCViking

eh, I dunno. Tampa's been competitive in nearly every game - 3 of the 5 losses they've got have been by 5 pts or less.

Even at 2-5 (soon to be 2-6), I don't think they're really a bad team - I think they're not healthy and in desperate need of a bye that won't be coming.

PCCViking and WookatMe like this.
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, but I'm beginning to think this year's Bucs team will be like 2011. "Decent" start, but then fade down the stretch to the point of not being competitive.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Could very well be. Jameis out of the game with injury, looks like that same shoulder injury lingering from the Arizona game.

Fitz is a good backup, but he's not going to fix the defense and run game. Good news is next week is Jets, and week after is Fins. Then four of last six are division opponents - they can change their fortunes, but not playing like this.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels1785 -- may our teams meet in battle and cover each other in glory... and then the Chiefs die in a fire, whilst the Cowboys rise from the ashes!

Nanaki and heels1785 like this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    so you've given up on the jets?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I've always been Jets and Cowboys? You know this? :p (but as a Jets fan, you're sort of always ready to give up on the Jets... like being a WVU College Football fan...)

heels1785 likes this.
  9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    And the Rams have a Giant lead.

Chromide and PCCViking like this.
  10. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I root for the Jets as my second team. My dad is a big Jets fan.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sucks to be Julio Jones right now. He’s given my team enough trouble that I can only feel a modicum of pity for him but damn that was sad.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dp - I forgot about Cowboys. Thought it was only gersh and Nanaki. Good luck today - should be a good one. Not really bullish on KC after the last few weeks, even at 6-2.

13. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Would love to see the Chiefs crush and demoralize the Cowboys today. It would be a great end to this Sunday.

14. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Hehehe[​IMG]

15. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Nice to see Romo honored before the game in his first trip to Dallas as a broadcaster.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
  17. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Blake Bortles is playing pretty well of late. Hopefully he can keep it going. Also like to see Goff playing the way he is.

18. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    How in Mustafar does not ONE COWBOY even make a tackle on that play to end the first half?!

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    vin -- if the Cowboys hold on to win, what will the excuses be?
    1. Refs
    2. Legal system
    3. Alex Smith, man!
    4. Andy Reid
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, go...

vin, Chromide and LloydChristmas like this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    5. dp has no honour

21. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    6. HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

My mattress is on the floor... :(

heels1785 and Nanaki like this.
  23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The Chiefs are finally showing exactly how mediocre they are. Alex has gone from pumpkin to straight up pumpkin pie. Gonna be one and done again.

Looking forward to Mahomes at least at all trying to throw it downfield.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    dp you have motivated me

i am now a die hard eagles fan

solojones and dp4m like this.