main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Bengals fans paying it forward from Buffalo, now donating en masse to Bortles' charity to celebrate his knocking the Steelers out.

Love stories like this.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Ones where the Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs?

jcgoble3, solojones, Chromide and 4 others like this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    HM SHOULD I PUSH THE LIKE BUTTON ON THOSE LAST TWO POSTS

[​IMG]

jcgoble3, Luke02, Chromide and 4 others like this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    condolences in advance for the next person who hires todd haley

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'm sure the Browns have narrowed their OC choice down to him and McAdoo.

6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Tomlin's out.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. wants in on Panthers ownership.

I’d like to see him and Steph Curry in on the purchase.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Where are you seeing this report?

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm praying for a Jacksonville/Minnesota Superbowl.

Point Given , vin and LloydChristmas like this.
  10. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Yeah I went looking yesterday after seeing that post and couldn’t find anything. Someone being a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    ESPN had an article titled TOMLIN parting ways with OC.

Me thinks someone did a quick glance and misread it.

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    There was a report two days ago that some minority owners wanted Tomlin out. Good luck convincing the Rooney's. Not happening for now.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @vin

Yeah but as they mentioned on PTI typically firing the coordinators is typically the prelude to you now being on the hot seat. I know they love Tomlin in Pittsburgh and they are the most stable franchise ever with HC (Only had three in the past forty plus years) but you wonder if they do not break through soon they will look to replace Mike. They simply have too much talent to be being knock out in the first round like this.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, there have been so many reported clashes between Ben and Haley in the last several years, that perhaps ultimately this was needed, try and restore some sense of cohesiveness with the team.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Tomlin deserves some of the heat for the loss against the Jags last weekend as some of the Steeler players were looking passed the Jags and towards the Pats. Additionally, some of the coaches decisions such as calling for the onset kick with like 2:30 left in the game and a couple of the 4th down play calling. But, none of that spells termination for Tomlin.

So, TB12 didn't practice yesterday due to a mysterious hand injury. We'll just have to wait until game day to see if there's anything to it. Let's see if Tom Coughlin could pass down some knowledge to Doug Marrone to help beat the Patriots, as it's been Coughlin's Giants teams that were able to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. The obvious key is to pressure TB12 up the middle and make him feel uncomfortable.

Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @Luke02
    Speculation isn't the same as flat out saying he's gone.

@Sith_Sensei__Prime
    I'm not buying that TB12 garbage. A story like that only escapes because Belisnoke allows it. He's bridging a connection between media and the Jagoffs. And Jacksonville isn't wise enough to see it.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think the Jags will see it as a smoke screen and prepare for TB12 accordingly. However, should TB12 get injured, Brian Hoyer will be under center. That's a scary thought for Pats fans, but a delight for everyone else.

BTW, the 49ers winning 5 games with Jimmy G screwed the 2nd round draft pick position with the Pats, as before the trade between the 9ers and Pats, that 2nd round pick looked to be 32 or 33 overall, and now it's looking like it going to be around 42 or 43.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

I agree with that and then I don’t about Brian Hoyer. I seen him play up and close and personal with the Bears last year. He isn’t the GOAT obviously but he is honestly a solid/steady NFL QB. I would not be shocked at all if Brian step in and was able to lead them to a victory at home against the Jags.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'd be shocked if Hoyer beat the Jags in the biggest game of his life. I mean, the Jags have one of the top defenses in the NFL and it would take a career performance by Hoyer to beat the Jags. But, I'm sure all this will be moot when TB12 starts the game on Sunday.

The Pats are a 9 point favorite over the Jags, and the Over/Under for the total points is 46. I'd take the Pats with that point spread and take the "Over" in the total points scored.

Looks like the Eagles are underdogs again against the Vikings this weekend.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    over his 17 years in the league, brady's been on the injury report 186 times

he's missed what, 15 games?

no chance

Guidman , Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Maybe they'll bench him. It worked for the Gia...err nevermind. @Point Given

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't have any problem with the onside kick being called, but the execution was horrible both times.

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Imma cut you

Also, best vid ever of The Minneapolis Miracle

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  25. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But won't the rapist clash with pretty much everyone? He's just a jerk. And a rapist.

CT-867-5309 and Juliet316 like this.