main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Eagles vs Patriots II. Well hopefully this Eagles QB doesn't vomit in the huddle this time.

darthOB1 and WookatMe like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    go eagles

but to clarify

still **** off flyers

vin likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't like the Patricheats, but it would be absolutely nauseating to see a division rival hoist the Lombardi.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Welp, go Patriots![face_sick]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, I take back what I said earlier. Go Pats.

Chromide likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much a forgone conclusion they'll get their sixth championship at this point.

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

Havac and vin like this.
  8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Way to go Eagles! Hopefully you can spank Pats ass like you just did the Vikings. That will be epic. 3rd time is HOPEFULLY the charm.

I ll have to see if I still have my old 90’s Eagles jersey to wear 2 weeks from now.

9. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I am so happy right now. I don't even care about the Eagles naysaying.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I swallowed my pride and rooted for a division rival in 2007 and 2011, mainly because of that...Spygaze, or whatever that's called (especially in 2007, when the scandal was still fresh).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Don't root for the Pats, there are some good guys on the Eagles and their fans will all be too drunk to even know if they won or lost anyways.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol do people really hate the Eagles that much? Why? I've never really heard of this before, not sure where it comes from.

I usually despise dynasties, but like the Spurs (and unlike the Cowboys), I don't mind the Patriots winning because they're pretty much the epitome of what a team should be, so it's only right that they should win often. Same goes for the Steelers.

It's fitting that they should meet the Eagles, because they're also an exceptionally well coached team, because they really don't have exceptional talent. Reich and Schwartz are great coordinators.

lol I think I might have a Ricky Watters Eagles jersey from the 90s...but I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit anymore as I've grown a bit since I was ten years old.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  13. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I could live with the Patriots dynasty if their fan base didn’t always pull the woe is us card

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’ve been blasted for this before when I mentioned it in reference to the Falcons and I’ll take that chance again but here goes:

Michael Vick.

Yes, I know he doesn’t play for them anymore.

inb4 “Tracy your quarterback is Cam Newton”...yep, and if it comes out that he beats and drowns dogs, and the Panthers do nothing to him in punishment, I’ll become a Seahawks fan overnight.

All that said, I’m genuinely happy for the fans in Philly tonight, including several friends (who are fans and definitely not animal abuse supporters).

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I think a lot of it has to do with Philadelphia sports fan's reputation for being awful people. See: the video going around on Twitter today of some throwing unopened cans of beer at Vikings fans walking to the stadium.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    They also booed Santa Claus. Heathens!!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And cheered when injured players have been charted off the field.

18. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes the jersey may indeed be tight but thankfully it was big then for my 14 yr old body and at 37 I still have yet to put on mid life weight gain lol.

I atleast know I still have the Eagles team hat I got with it which is still like new as I never would wear it to keep it in good condition.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah this is where I can't relate at all because I don't know anything about fans and I don't care. Fandom isn't a thing to me.

This is fair.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The most obvious reason I hate the Eagles is because like @Juliet316, I'm a fan of a division rival (in my case, the Cowboys). However, what put them in particular at the top of my...Sith List...is, no offense personally to any Philly fans here, the negative reputation of their fanbase.

Dagobahsystem and Juliet316 like this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Trout finally finds some postseason success!

solojones, Chromide and heels1785 like this.
  22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yep. Highest percentage of low life fans in the NFL.
    That and the fact that the "underdog" organization once hired a dog murderer.

Go Patriots.

23. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Well, on the other hand, the Patriots have a history of, shall I say, playing Patriot Games...

[​IMG]

Additionally, despite MAJOR red flags involving his character, the Patriots drafted Aaron Hernandez, who, like Vick, was also a murderer (and had ties to gang members to go along with it).

Which begs the question, who is the lesser of 2 evils here?

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Anyhow, I was hoping for a Jags/Vikes superbowl.
    My interest for the matchup in this years bowl is now lackluster to indifferent to say the least.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This is probably the year I watch marathons this Super Bowl sunday.