main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    AFC Consecutive Elite QB Marathon Continues
    Brady
    Brady
    Big Ben
    Manning
    Brady
    Big Ben
    Manning
    Big Ben
    Brady
    Flacco*
    Manning
    Brady
    Manning
    Brady
    Brady

BTW, Eagles hired an ex-dog killer, but the Pats hired a human killer.

*not elite

2. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    The best thing about the Patriots being in the Superbowl AGAIN is the agony it causes all the haters.[face_laugh]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    No the worst thing is having to root for the Eagles. I feel like I'm going to vomit. [face_sick]

darth_gersh, Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  4. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Fly, Eagles, fly. On the road to victory....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    When I was a kid in the early 80's I suffered through many 1-15 & 2-14 seasons as a Patriot fan and I thought I would never live to see a patriots Superbowl.I used to be so jealous of the the Raiders, steelers, and Cowboys fans because their teams always went to the Superbowl.
    Now the Patriots have the most Superbowl appearances of any team.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You're right Bob. I always felt sorry for the Pats. They were pathetic, less the lucky run to Super Bowl XX. It was nice to see them get better with Bledsoe and then later win with Brady. But that **** got old fast.

7. STARBOB

Dec 11, 2002
    Maybe the same thing will happen to the Browns in 30 years. in 2048 some Browns fans will be posting that same thing I just did after the Browns make their 11th Superbowl appearance. in Superbowl 82.:p

jcgoble3 and Chromide like this.
  8. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Excellent timing.

Before the 70s the Steelers were pathetic.
    Before the 80s the 49ers were pathetic(less some good seasons where they lost in the playoffs).

Chromide likes this.
  10. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    It's not like the Patriots knew Hernandez was a murderer when they 'hired' him. The Eagles already knew that Vick was.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    And the 80s Cowgirls pre - the Jimmies (Johnson and Jones) and the Triplets (Aikman, Irvin, and Smith) weren't much to write home about.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The Cowboys went to 5 Super Bowls in the 70s. I think your memory is fuzzy.

@Chromide there has been some info about the pats knowing he might have gang connections. Gangs tend to have murders. Just saying.

13. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Either way, the Patriots most certainly knew that this guy was not good news because of his association with gang members. In fact, the laundry list of concerns NFL scouts had about this dude first manifested itself on his first day at the Patriots facility when he threatened Wes Welker (is it any coincidence that Welker went to Denver as soon as his contract ran out?). Surely, the Patriots spy cameras picked up on THAT! (Oh yes, the fact that it was the Patriots who drafted him placed Hernandez in far closer proximity to his unsavory entourage than any other team).

If the Patriots were oblivious to anything, it would be Donte Stallworth, who would later kill someone while driving drunk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Juliet316 and vin like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The hardest hit on anyone in an Eagles jersey from last Sunday.

[​IMG]

Can't say the Jags were so close to making their first Super Bowl appearance even though they had a 10 point in the 4th Quarter, as TB12 is on the other side line. But, man, was I rooting for the Jags.

And what a time for Case Keenum to remember his Case Keenum. Now the Vikings have a unknown factor at starting QB next season as all the current ones are free agents. Bridgewater is a huge question mark. If there's going to be an odd man out, I say it's Bradford as he's too injury prone. The best ability, it availability.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Where is your god now, Case Keenum?

17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Patriots have chosen to wear road whites. Will the white luck continue? Only the Packers have won in non-white in the last 13 seasons.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Understandably why, given the Packers won Super Bowls wearing their home green unis.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I was talking about the Packers, vin.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Gotcha. I had Patriots in my head and was super confused.

Brady Patriots are 2-2 in home blue and and 3-0 in road white.

Another interesting stat. It has been 16 years since Brady's first Super Bowl. It was 17 years between the Cowboys/Steelers 2 and 3. That made me feel old.

Point Given likes this.
  22. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    Who also played for the Eagles.....

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    jcgoble3, CT-867-5309 and Chromide like this.
  24. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    As to the Aaron Hernandez thing- you guys really believe that the Patriots would have drafted the guy if they knew he was probably a murderer? Give me a break. It would be a waste of money and a draft pick, and if they did know, then why would they try to keep him around? No one would do that, because even if they would condone that behavior, which they don't, they'd still lose him to prison. It's honestly stupid how far you guys stoop to make up reasons to hate the Patriots. It wouldn't be as bad if you just admitted that you hate them because they're good and beat your team all the time (except Giants fans, you have the edge on us haha).

25. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Dude, I'll give you some advice as a fellow Pats fan, honestly it's just best to let it go. You're never going to win it in here, no matter how much you try to defend the team. It will always be that the Pats are "cheaters" or "the refs always bail them out." Never once will you see anyone here blame the other team for losing, even though there are sixty minutes in a football game with which to execute and get it done against the Pats.
    I would have thought that last year's Super Bowl performance would have finally silenced it all but it's only got worse. You'll find no blame put on the Falcons for choking such an enormous lead, nor credit given for what a masterful performance was given by Brady in the second half. You'll see no credit given for comebacks against Seattle, Baltimore, or this latest Jacksonville, or how the team still performs great despite injuries or key players being out. Even though all these things should prove the greatness of this team, you'll find no rational fans that give credit.
    But hey it's all good for Gregg Williams to still coach in the NFL. You won't find a word about it, because "all" he did is direct is players to intentionally injure opposing players and pay them extra on the side for doing so. That's nothing but a thing.

Chromide likes this.