main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Surprised that other than Sherman there's been no overt activity on the first day of Free Agency.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    bengals get cordy glenn to fill the whitworth spot. expect a much better year from dalton next yr

LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Reports have Case Keenum to Broncos, Sammy Watkins to Rams, Allen Robinson to Bears.

4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I WAS IN CHINA AND JUST FOUND THIS OUT

HOLY *****ING **** WE HAVE A LT

HOLY ****ING **** WE MADE A TRADE

BENGALS-BILL BROMANCE LIVES ON

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    a good one, too - with 5-6 years of prime play left. and you only lost 9 draft spots to get him.

if the bills are committed to blowing up every trace of their playoff team, why not help them?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Where in China, broseph?

7. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Apparently the Bills picked up Vontae Davis and Star Lotulelei, so they aren't just selling.....

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm seeing that the Vikings gave him a fully guaranteed deal.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I will never understand why teams will let valuable pieces of playoff runs just walk away or trade them (Keenum was part of that Minnesota Miracle for pete's sake!)

That said, if Cousins is going to the Vikings, I wish him well. And I will never forgive Snydum for pushing him out the door.

Edit: And the most expected outcome in Free Agency is...

Seriously, was there really all that much doubt Brees was staying in New Orleans?

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey remember when Bruce Allen kept calling him Kurt Cousins?

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @Juliet316 time to go get RGiii back on the squad

Point Given and heels1785 like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't anyone doubted that Brees would remain in the Big Easy.

I think the Vikings like Keenum go because he was a journeyman and had limited talent. I mean, Keenum's success in the land of a thousand lakes had probably more to do with the coaches tailoring the offense around his strength, which all good coaches do. Cousins is more talented than Keenum and therefore the Vikings could open up their playbook.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    exactly. nothing but failure, aside from one good year that ended spectacularly awful.

in other news, i'm thrilled that the dip**** supreme elway signed him, and i hope he starts every game.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I guess the Dolphins are getting Danny Amendola....and I pulled this from Wikipeida: .

16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Sam Bradford to my Cardinals.

good grief i hope this isn't the last QB move

17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Sam "glass joe" Bradford? Just bring Warned out of retirement for the same result.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Bradford reminds me of Chris Chandler; a quality QB but just couldn't stay healthy.

There was early speculation that the Cardinals would try and trade for Nick Foles. That still could happen. I'm sure the Eagles are listening to offers.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    chris chandler was anything but quality

what on earth is arizona doing with that deal

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    jordy nelson released

chefs! get on that! more catchers of the ball to make up for a decade of dwayne bowe and d-leaguers!

[​IMG]

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Carlos Hyde is rumored to be released by the 49ers.

The 49ers is reported to sign offensive guard, Weston Richburg, formerly of the NY Giants. It's not a sexy signing, but it may prove to be substantive, as the Niners running game and overall offense has been struggling after the losses of interior guards in Alex Boone and Michael Iupati. Plus, the Niners need to protect the highest paid player in the NFL in Jimmy G. I've been liking the moves the team has been making.

tom likes this.
  22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    As a Giants fan, Richburg is a good pass blocker but a bad run blocker. He'll keep Jimmy G upright, but your running game is not going to improve.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    We'll take it! Considering how many sacks the team gave up last year, as well the straight up the middle pressure. I think Shanahan will figure out a scheme to cover Richburg's poor run blocking. He might be moved to center and Kilgore to guard. Thankfully, there are OTAs and preseason to figure it out.

It might be a stop-gap signing, like the Sherman deal.

24. Chromide

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm seeing rumors of the Patriots trying to sign Ndamukong Suh.... that'd be nice.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well cheaters and dirty players gotta stick together I suppose.