main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So, Denver reporter implied the Jags were jerks for... Beating his team fair and square? Yep, sounds like whiny Bronco logic.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Damn that was fire

tom likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That was great, but did anyone else think of former Miami Dolphins running back Karim Abdul-Jabbar?

Chromide likes this.
  5. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I did, haha.

6. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    That was actually before the game. Hours before, to be exact.

And yes, it was the same reporter who later gained fame on ESPN's Around The Horn for the chalkboard gimmick.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Seriously Cam either has the worst luck ever or he can't drive. Just get an Uber Black, dude.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I thought you called him a black dude for a quick second there lol

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Hence the very intentional capitalization and comma ;)

Chromide likes this.
  14. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

What an honor....for the Dali Lama

Havac , Luke02, xblackout and 7 others like this.
  15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Take all my likes

DAR likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Juliet316 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Take none of my likes

Chromide and ma_petite like this.
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Bears let Cam Meredith go and you think judging by the fans they just let Jerry Rice go at age 25. Fandom often mystifies me.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    For the record, I'd love to sign Eric Reid. I'm really worried about our defense. But too many Chiefs fans are conservative and think kneeling is somehow evil. Oy.

I'm in KC for dog sitting and will be going to the Chiefs' draft party at Arrowhead for season ticket holders. It includes a tour of the locker rooms, which will be fun.

Of course, it's on day 2 because we don't have a first round pick :p

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    reminded me of this:

despite my team being on the rise, i'm finding it a really hard time to be a football fan.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's definitely really sad, frustrating, and frankly embarassing. At games and out and about, other fans seem to assume everyone agrees that protesting peacefully is the worst thing ever. A Raiders fan at the Orlando airport did that a few months ago, laughing about how if any of those guys kneeled again, he was done as a fan after 30 years. As if obviously I'd agree.

It's tough because on the one hand, I'm strongly in favor of criminal justice reform, and of second chances. If a guy makes a mistake once and is truly remorseful, I can understand giving him a shot. In honestly think that's what happened with Tyreek Hill. A fight got out of hand, he got out of contol, and he truly regretted it. He didn't try to intimidate the woman out of pressing charges, or settle out of court. He pled guilty, the woman and the judge both thought he deserved probation and anger management. If he'd done anything again, I was all for kicking him to the curb. But he didn't, he completed his probation and seems to have really turned his life around.

I'm all for that, so I don't want to be too harsh on first time offenders who show true remorse. Vick obviously comes to mind because he did his time and now works with animal rights and protection. I am sure there are some other examples.

But let's be real... A lot of teams will take guys who are repeat offenders, clearly aren't remorseful, and who are using their fame to get away with horrible stuff.

I guess for me I can only hold my own team to a high standard. I didn't want to lose Marcus Peters, but when I heard he'd physically assaulted a coach for the second time, and reportedly repeatedly physically pushed his mom around, that was it. Bye, no regrets.

But it's definitely a broad problem in the NFL. And the gross hypocrisy is completely disgusting. Peaceful protests should never be disqualifying, but especially not when the argument is, "It's distracting"... As if guys repeatedly committing violent crimes isn't.

anakinfansince1983 and tom like this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Cowboys cut Dez Bryant

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Outstanding. Now Belichick, this is your chance. Do not disappoint me.

Chromide likes this.
  24. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Dez was good. He dropped a ton of balls last season. I don't mind that Dallas is moving forward without him. He still could put up big numbers for the right team. I won't miss his attitude.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think you're onto something.

In which case, RIP everyone else. Cordarelle (one of my favorite Vols ever) told the media after he signed with NE that Bill had told him that they "were going to make him as good as he should be." They've proven this true over and over again. If they sign and do that with Dez Bryant, lights out.

Seahawks signed Seb to kick. Friendly stadium for kickers, should excel, even as an older guy.

Chromide likes this.