main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I know, it's probably not him, but I just wanted to post it for laughs.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This is a fun, interactive draft simulator - pretty deep, as well, as you can customize with dozens of different ratings/rankings:

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

disregard the pay stuff - it's free.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    As per usual, some dope accidentally leaks new uniforms the day before the unveiling.

At least they simplified the helmet to a single color. These look like practice uniforms lol.

4. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I liked the old ones.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Giants have released Brandon Marshall

And Washington has to go all the way to Arizona week one.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Apparently the Lions play at home against the Jets on MNF in week one.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And in the other opening MNF game (because MNF always has a double header on opening weekend) Jon Gruden's Raider play.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    eesh

first 2, 4 of first 6 on road, including pitt and foxboro. steelers, jags, pats in first six. rams in mex city, at seattle in december.

no bueno! basically rookie qb, hope you’re ready!

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington's going to Dallas on Thanksgiving.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Pretty rough start for Mahomes for sure.

But the real shaft is, we have five primetime games... But only one at Arrowhead. How does a team get FOUR prime time road games?

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good point, I didn’t even look at the times. Just saw all of the “@“ symbols next to scary teams! :p

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Entire schedule in a smal square.
    [​IMG]

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's unfortunate that Raiders/Rams game is in Oakland, whereas their game against the Chargers is here in La La Land.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    on one side, giants, omg. i thought we had it bad.

on the other side, seething. elway must be slipping roger dodger wads of cash, because that denver schedule is a cakewalk!

and of course, none of this really matters, because we have no idea who is any good.

edit - rip gil santos, pats pbp guy - legendary "it's gooood, it's gooood!" call when vinatieri won the first super bowl over rams

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    solojones and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm shocked we didn't end up with any KC or Minnesota games on the schedule, giving the QB circumstances.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You guys realize your schedule is immediately determined at the end of the season by your record? Only thing Roger might have input on is who is featured in prime time games and such.

Your record from 2017 literally affects only two games.

16 games broke out as follows.
    6 games home/away division opponents
    4 games against rotating AFC divisions
    4 games against rotating NFC divisions
    2 games against the teams within your conference outside of the above division rotation that finished in the same place as you.

Example: Redskins. (6) In division games, NFC East plays the NFC South this year(4), NFC East plays the AFC South this year(4), Redskins finished 3rd- as did the Packers and Falcons(2).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait the Bengals only have one primetime game, ONE SEED HERE WE COME

heels1785 , tom and dp4m like this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    meanwhile the 49ers have a stretch where they play 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 7 games in primetime. schedule makers putting a lot of faith in jimmy g and i'm not sure i like it. would rather be under the radar considering we haven't even made the playoffs the last four years.

19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I might try and go this game. I'm going to have to attend at least one Raiders' game before they move to Las Vegas.

The Raiders and 49ers play on a Thursday Night, which means it's very unlikely for me to attend that game because the traffic would be horrible.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    What a surprise that Dallas plays the Giants within the first two weeks of the season. They either open against each other or play the next week. Real original, NFL.
    As far as the Pats go, it's like the NFL tries to force rivalries on us that don't exist. Pittsburgh is always guaranteed to be on our schedule, who has beaten us maybe once in the last 12 years. Then there are the Texans, whose last win against us was week 17 of 2009. Sick of seeing them and Bill O'Brien crying to the refs all game. Just stop. There was a stretch from 2006 until recently where it was the Colts. 4 or 5 in a row were @indy. No originality in the scheduling.

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You do realize that 3 games per year are locked in by where you finished the previous year, right? Every team that won its division faces the other division winners in their conference, as does each #2, #3 and last place team. The reason you faced the Colts so much is that both you guys won the AFC East/South many years in a row and the same thing happens with the Steelers. Not like the NFL is deliberately scheduling as such.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the more you know

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I did not realize that, hence my comment, but thank you for setting me straight on that lol.
    I still think it's silly since the previous season shouldn't have a bearing on the new season.

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    But that's literally how the draft works lol