main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Oh I see what you did there mashed up the uniforms. Yes I like the Jaguars Helmets better now the ones the last few years had to loud of colors.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Wasn't mashed up. Simply recolored.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    point is I like the new Jaguars Uniforms because they are classy yes like the Giants Uniforms. I am big on Appearance and Uniforms Its kind of one of the reasons I love the Yankees and there Uniforms In Baseball. I also love the History of my Teams! Basically The Giants Gray Pants White and Red away uniform and Blue Home and even the Red Jersey they wore about 10-11 years ago and the NY on the side of the helmet those are basically the 1950's uniform! In the 1960's they switched to white pants in the 50's they had an off white or gray pants!

They also used to wear the Black Cleats with Black tape I thought that was really a sharp classy look!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Which goes back to my point that our owner is stupid.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Shad Khan has put in a $500 million bid to buy Wembley Stadium.

Writing's on the wall, Jags.

vin likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Jacksonville fans' reaction:

[​IMG]

:p

7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Don't think the NFL is ready for a full time London team. But that would certainly cement at least 2 jag home games there.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agree, vin. 2021 is the year I imagine they'll be looking at for a move, as it sounds like the deal is already in place for the games through 2020.

They'll build to that point over the next three years.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    For a while, it looked like Jacksonville wasn't ready for a full time NFL team. :D

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Travel is the issue. All teams traveling to London get the following week as a bye.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm just amused that the team that will be moving to London is the one with a mascot that British people can't pronounce :p

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Don't see it affecting him at all. Either Miami or Buffalo will get him.

It sure does suck not having a pick until 54, or 56, or whenever we pick. Especially when we seem to have quite a few needs, and a lot of uncertainty.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Mayfield is now getting some real buzz as the Browns first pick. Whatever insanity there is in the world, you always count on the Browns to just do the silliest thing imaginable.

@heels1785

I agree. If anything it just illustrates that Josh is a million dollar arm with a ten cent head though those were from high school and we all do stupid stuff in high school. All. Of. Us. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Why is that the silliest thing? Explain what you mean already! What is your breakdown of the top QBs

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But it sure is nice having Mahomes. I'd rather have him than any of the top draft QBs this year.

heels1785 and Luke02 like this.
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Browns should just take Barkley first and roll the dice on whichever QB is available at 4.

heels1785 and tom like this.
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @solojones

I agree. I think this draft class of QB's is pretty darn weak. I like last year's class a lot better with Maholmes, Tribusky and obviously Watson. I think a couple can be serviceable but none of them scream franchise changing QB to me. I agree with @vin. You take Barkley #1 because he has the potential to be the best back in football next year already and go with a QB at fourth. The difference the QB's on the big board this much isn't much IMHO.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    We shall see.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If you think this class is weak, wait until next year. Next year's draft class in general looks historically terrible, outside of d-line.

And I agree, sj. I'm leery of any rookie QB, but it's outweighed by excitement about Mahomes.

21. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm guessing if the Browns take Baker they get Barkley anyway-- don't see the Giants passing up Darnold and the Jets didn't trade up to take an RB

vin, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Steelers are shopping Martavis Bryant. We have little in the way of capital, but I wanted him in KC when I thought he might get cut last year.

He's a raw talent that, opposite Watkins, could really open up our offense. Hill would be a threat in the slot (coincidentally, as he is in life), and Kelce would get a lot more space.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even a trio of Cowboy legends with him can keep Goodell from getting booed!

24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    omg the boos

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It was amazing.

BTW, I can't wait for Philly to pick 32 if only to see how the Eagles pay back the Cowgirl fans for the Drew Pearson trolling at last year's draft.

Browns take Mayfield.