main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    What year was Brady on the cover?

2. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Last year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Er I thought they said they weren't doing color rush for Thursday games this year?

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    No, just that they are not limiting them to Thursdays, and not all Thursdays are color rush. I'm pretty sure that's what it was changed to. I know the headlines made it look like they got rid of it completely, but that's not what happened.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

7. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Let me try to summarize the rest of the Curse history, in as short a post as possible.

Madden 95: Erik Williams (this one doesn't get enough attention) - car accident. This is believed by teammate Michael Irvin to cost him the Hall of Fame

Madden 99: Garrison Hearst - broke his ankle in a playoff game

Madden 2000: Barry Sanders - retired abruptly just as training camp began, setting the wheels in motion for the ill-fated Matt Millen Era

Madden 01: Eddie George - caused a Ray Lewis Pick Six

Madden 02: Daunte Culpepper - knee injuries, Boat Cruise Scandal

Madden 03: Marshall Faulk - injuries forced his retirement, sexual harassment allegations cost him his post-retirement job as an analyst for NFL Network.

Madden 04: Mike Vick - Prison. Enough said.

Madden 05: Ray Lewis - missed a game due to injury, and the Ravens missed the playoffs.

Madden 06: Donovan McNabb - sports hernia, highly publicized feud with Terrell Owens, didn't know a game could end in a tie.

Madden 07: Shaun Alexander - foot injury, lost his TD record the year before to LT

Madden 08: Vince Young - went from Offensive Rookie of the Year to Draft Bust in one fell swoop.

Madden 09: Brett Favre - biceps injury, Bountygate victim

Madden 10: Troy Polamalu - knee injury.
    Larry Fitzgerald - lost his quarterback to Bountygate and had terrible quarterbacks for the next 3 years.

Madden 11: Drew Brees - upset in the playoffs by the 7-9 Seahawks. His team would later get busted in the Bountygate Scandal.

Madden 12: Peyton Hillis - the single most self-explanatory case of the Madden Curse

Madden 13: Calvin Johnson - individually, he was the first player the Curse missed on, as he broke Jerry Rice's single season record for receiving yards, and came just 36 yards shy of 2000 yards. The team, on the other hand, was a different story. 4-12.

Madden 25/Madden 14: Barry Sanders - the Lions led the NFC North with 6 games to go in the season and missed the playoffs entirely.
    Adrian Peterson - made the Commissioner's Exempt List a household name

Madden 15: Richard Sherman - Lost Super Bowl XLIX

Madden 16: Odell Beckham, Jr. - Fight on the Field vs. Josh Norman. Served a 1 game suspension as a result.

Madden 17: Gronk. The good news is, he is the first player to appear on the Madden cover and win a Super Bowl ring the same year. The bad news is, he was forced to watch his teammates do so on the sidelines thanks to a season ending herniated disc suffered in Week 12.

8. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Madden 16, come on, really? Getting in a fight has nothing to do with a curse, he could have avoided that easily if he didn't lose his temper.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    any claims that kurt warner was a victim of "bountygate" were debunked, as well.

Chromide likes this.
  10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If its a curse to throw for 500 yards in the Super Bowl in a losing effort, or to just lose in the Super Bowl, then please curse Matt Stafford.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    But he also lost another fight. Against a kicking net.

Chromide likes this.
  12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Remember the fallen on this Memorial Day. [face_flag]

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    As I posted before, I wish Trump didn't make kneeling during the National Anthem a Federal issue, as before he stuck his nose in it, the status quo was players were allowed to demonstrate peacefully and offended fans were able to burn their NFL tickets and go away.

Kap's Lawyer: Trump comments kept NFL team from signing Colin Kaepernick

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So Clay Matthews broke his nose during a charity softball game and now has to have surgery to fix it.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Good thing he's a linebacker, or he would need a noseguard if he played a nose guard. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    As Charles Barkley would say, you don't need your nose to play football.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rest In Peace, Dwight Clark.

Hell of a player. Fought a hideous disease. Thoughts with his family.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Literally worst fanbase to **** around with. Their only Super Bowl win, and he’s making it about him.

I’ve spent most of my life passionately hating Flyers fans. But I’d tattoo my upper body with Roenick’s jersey to see Trump stuck in an alley with a handful of them. And I’d buy them (and @A Chorus of Disapproval) as much as they could drink.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd love to see him go to Philly opening night just to see what Philly fans would throw/verbally hurl at him. This is the same fanbase that booed Santa Claus.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He must somehow believe there will be more mercy afforded to him than was shown to Santa Claus.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He’s scared to go to the Correspondents Dinner.

He won’t set foot in Philly.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He probably sees himself as more important than Santa Claus and God at this point.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    RIP Dwight Clark. @};-
    You'll always be remembered.

[​IMG]