main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    To be fair the Bronco's D has experience being marginalized with Tebow last year. And at least Manning has the decency of being good.

2. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Juan Castillo fired as DC in Philly. Will Vick be demoted next?

3. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I doesn't pay to engage sj over her irrational Manning hate.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Steelers and Vikes are playing a regular season game next year in England. If I was a season ticket holder I would be mad. Plus that means you are getting an early bye week which is extra stupid.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Interesting that all the summer talk about the Steelers playing in Dublin, they end up at Wembley. It's a Vikings home game, from what I can tell.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Another thing I hate is how it takes money out of the pockets of all the local vendors and restaurants. Vikings home game or not. Missing a game day like that can wreak havoc on a small business.

7. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    The Eagles have fired their embattled defensive coordinator, Juan Castillo, which essentially amounts to Andy Reid admitting last year's train wreck of a season was his fault for inexplicably promoting this guy from Offensive Line coach in the first place.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    and just out of curiosity, but what QBs of brees, brady, manning, manning, rodgers, roethlisburger and rivers don't get the exact same treatment when something like that happens? or tebow. and historically with people like favre, green, montana, young, marino... i'm guessing you get my point.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    have to say i really don't care about who's doing the SB halftime show, because i won't watch it.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I like that they have him holding it as if he were going to throw it. I guess that makes you look cooler than dropkicking it :p Well good for him anyway.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    He's played with a broken foot before, a sprain isn't gonna hold him back.

edit: I'm confused did the 49ers decline what would have been a safety? Plus you cant do onsides that well with a free kick.

16. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    That Niners/Seahawks game was one of the more boring games I've seen in a while.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    not so boring if you're a niners fan. tough, physical game. big win.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    That ending was bizarre, take the safety, 9 point lead, game over even if they manage to pull off an onsides from the free kick. Weird decision.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i was under the impression that it wasn't allowed to do an onsides kick out of a safety anyway... so i'm really not sure i understand they why on that one at all.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, it was just strange the way they dragged it out when it was game over either way.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You can onsides from any free kick.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, that's one rule madden sure got wrong then.

23. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Accepting the safety would have given the Seahawks a a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny chance. (Onside kick, Hail mary, onside kick, long pass, field goal, overtime.....hey, I said "tiny" four times!)

Declining it gave them no chance whatsoever.

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Eh, the Niners are my #2 team and I've been watching them all season, and it was still kind of boring. Or maybe more like frustrating because they just couldn't move the ball at times that they should have. Between this and last Sunday's game, I'm a little concerned right now. At leas they didn't do near as much wildcat as against the Giants, because that clearly wasn't working how they wanted it to.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    uh, they really got it clicking in the second half. aside from that ill advised pass in the red zone the offense couldn't have played better. and they were coming off a short week so it's not too disconcerting that it took them a half to find their rhythm, especially against a defense like seattle's.

and it was not boring! those teams were getting after each other the whole time. are long pass plays the only thing that excites people anymore?