main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *Just sits back and basks in the Redskins win yesterday*

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The rule is probably there to stop teams committing obvious so they can get more time to decide whether to challenge (since once the next play is run there is no challenge allowed). They just didn't think it through for this particular case.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    having it even be a penalty to challenge an automatically challenged play is just stupid... it doesn't change ANYTHING. that's more what i'm questioning than the other. it's just... WTH?

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So how many games does everybody think Suh will be suspended for this time for that kick to Schaub's groin?

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    probably the rest of the season at this point. since this is like what, the fourth or fifth time he's had something related to this happen?

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He got two games for kicking a Packer player in the arm last Thanksgiving.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't think it was really an intentional kick to be honest. If Suh wanted to kick someone in the nuts, I feel like he'd run up and kick them right in the nuts.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The NFL is apparently convinced that the only way for coaches to get a new rule in their head is to punish them extravagantly if they try to use the old rule.

Are you used to challenging bad calls? WELL HOW DO YOU LIKE A FREE TOUCHDOWN?

s65horsey likes this.
  10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It's just insane that this is literally the most severe double penalty one can get in the NFL.... and it's for something that shouldn't even be a penalty. What's next, we shoot people for illegal formations?

11. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, how else will they learn? A sucking chest wound is the best teacher!

s65horsey likes this.
  12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I like Peter King's suggestion of a 5 yard penalty. It's the equivalent of a delay of game penalty, and not an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    but if it's something that's getting reviewed ANYWAY how's it even delaying the game? you send one of the under-refs to tell the coach it's being reviewed anyway while they're setting up the review for the actual ref... i mean seriously.

14. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, it's a stupid penalty and they shouldn't have it. But I find it had at the moment to regret too much anything that penalizes Jim Schwartz for being a hotheaded idiot.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    EAT TURF, PALMER

heels1785 likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ugh. Pittsburgh with Charlie Batch looks a lot like the Browns. Ugh.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, that was nice while it lasted. Good defense, Chiefs. Hope we keep it close.

18. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    **** YEAH WHITWORTH! **** YEAH!

FOLLOWED BY A BOMB TO AJ GREEN! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS FROM THE SIDELINE, PALMER!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yeah...this isn't good.

20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    And that, Carson Palmer, is how you quarterback a football team.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    At least it wasn't as atrocious to sit through as the three quarters I did last week. But the offense outside of Charles was pathetic. Quinn is at least better than Cassel in that he doesn't just **** his pants and throw an int any time we do something mildly good. But yeah, I am so hoping to draft Gino Smith. Go Jags.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Off to Metlife Stadium in an hour to watch the Giants take on the Packers. Hopefully Eli can bounce back.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Go Pack Go!

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I was totally going to go to that game, but my girlfriend has to work super early and I didn't want to go without her.

Yes, I have a girlfriend. No, by "girlfriend" I do not mean "Halo." Kind of.

Have fun PG, take some pics of Aaron Rodgers for me?

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    And it's time for my annual 20 minute Sunday afternoon allotment of football here (49'ers/Saints for this week) in the break room... I better see at least 1 damn score during this time.

:p