Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    The ball doesn't move because Jennings has two hands on it the whole time. Tate barely gets one hand on it, which comes off as he goes to the ground, and only gets two hands on it as they're lying on the ground. You can only pretend that Tate had control if you imagine that Jennings doesn't exist. The only reason Tate looks like he has control at all is because Jennings is there holding the ball for him to claw at.
  2. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Was anybody else upset that they cut away from the Pats-49ers games to show Obama's speech?
  3. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    No, because football means nothing in the face of a national tragedy.
    Trimaj, Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  4. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Hell no.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    having watched the play up close, in slow motion more than a dozen times, i can definitively say that tate's left hand NEVER leaves the ball at any time during the play. the ball does not slip, or move, from the split second he got ahold of it BEFORE jennings. the hand that does leave the ball is his right, and it comes back before his feet touch the ground. tate does, in fact, have control of the ball simultaneously with jennings, and actually gets his feet on the ground before jennings (which would give him possession first btw), and then jennings proceeds to attempt to rip the ball away. if jennings actually had possession of the ball, how come tate ends up with the ball after everything is said and done? why does jennings need seconds of attempting to rip it away to get possession? the play is dead as soon as their butts hit the ground, and since they both had the ball, the offense is awarded possession. that's been the rule for a very long time. like it or not, the play was called correctly. i'll agree it's bizarre as hell if you want. i'll agree it's close, possibly disputable, but from everything i've seen it was called correctly.

i'm guessing your a packers fan hav? is it possible that's coloring your opinion on it slightly?

frankly, i had no dog in that battle. i'd like to think i can be reasonably unbiased based on that.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Considering that A)NBC kept hammering that you could go to the NBC Sports Network (which, granted, I know not everybody has), as well as CNBC if you wanted to continue to watch the game when NBC switched over to the speech and B) I agree with @Point Given that football means little in the face of such a horrific tragedy; nope, not upset at all that they cut away for the speech.
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    so, just as a curiosity, would anyone care to take a guess as to who wins out of the seahawks and niners this week? vegas has it as -1 in favor of the niners. frankly, i'm not sure i'd take those odds... or even a straight up pick.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Apparently Sanchez got some death threats on Twitter after the Monday night loss.
  9. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    lol @...

...the Newtown Obama speech being some kind of football inconvenience.

...concluding that Tate caught that TD even as he flails at Jennings and the ball like a lobster being dropped into a boiling pot.

...Mark Sanchez.
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    go read the article i posted before, and watch it in slow mo. it's a bit of a mind changer.

of course i doubt you'll actually do that, so... *shrugs*
    Last edited by Trimaj, Dec 19, 2012
  11. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hey now Trimboni, I read it before I posted that. It did not change any of my lols.

Now focus your energy on stopping the Pittsburgh love in this thread for this week.
  12. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Double post.

[IMG]
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Dec 20, 2012
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Come on Dallas big game on Sunday.
  14. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    You're right, it doesn't. But it means a lot more than listening to a politician talk about it.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    According to ESPN, Ray Lewis is holding off on his return until the Playoffs.
  18. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    He won't help them anyway.

Megatron beasting yet again. 4 yards away.
  19. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Did...did we just witness the Madden Curse being broken?
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    There's still one more week left for the Lions.

But even if something doesn't happen physically to Megatron (and no, I wouldn't wish some sort of physical injury on him), the Lions still aren't going to the playoffs. So curse partially still intact?
  21. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Nah. That's not enough. It has to be something that happens to Johnson personally. An injury or a year of humiliation like Favre had. I DECLARE THE CURSE LIFTED
  22. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    One more week to go for the Lions.
  23. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    even if he got hurt... it doesn't matter anymore. playing 15 games and breaking the receiving yards record? missing one game due to an injury ain't ****.

Now if he gets jacked up so bad that he misses all of next season, that's another story lol
  24. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah I'd count that as the Curse AJ, but it'd have to be something like that.

Anyway, I was really hoping that opening kickoff to the Steelers would end up like the scene in the Dark Knight Rises.
  25. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    AJ GREEN IS THE MOTHER ****ING TRUTH!

Thanks for the win, Roethlisberger.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  26. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ahhhahhaha. That was an awesome last 15 seconds of a game.