main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you know, depending on the injury situation, this could ultimately cost the 49ers a chance at the Super Bowl. at the very least this is probably going to make them a lot weaker on offense what with davis and manningham getting hurt.

anidanami124: don't forget, it being the bengals that knocked them out of the playoffs with their DEFENSE, which is supposed to be the calling card of the steelers, just makes it that much sweeter.

2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Go Seahawks :D

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I guess you should have done some wood knocking after posting this.

Well, this sucks. Now I'm going to get another week of local radio making their arguments of why the Broncos are the best team in football. Right after two of their biggest competitors in the debate, SF and Houston, had terrible losses. Well, I can still argue New England, I suppose.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Cowboys/Redskins moved to the Sunday Night regular Season finale on NBC.

[face_dancing]:D

*starts making Pizza plans for next Sunday Night*

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Kaepernick had no business being out there tonight. He got overwhelmed and started freaking out. Should have put Smith in after the first quarter. They might still have lost, but come on.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    So if my Packers win next week, it helps the Bears. I feel dirty.

Can't wait for Dallas and Washington. That's frickin' football right there. Down to the end for the division.

Darthkat76 and LloydChristmas like this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And THE Classic Rivalry to boot! :D

8. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I did not think of that one. Also I don't think the Saints will be making it either. First time in like three years that I don't have to see either team in the playoffs. :D=D=

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I can only dream of how good Jamaal Charles would be if he were surrounded with talent. He's had a fantastic year playing for just about the worst KC team I can remember in my lifetime. Awesome to see him keep putting the effort in when many would have given up once it became clear that we were dreadful.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Vikings breakdancing.

Oh and reports are surfacing that since Nick Foiles broke his hand, that Michael Vick may start for the Eagles in Sunday's finale against the Giants.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, he's broken Jim Brown's yards per carry average. I really really hope we can get a QB and some other offense so he's not so wasted.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't agree with this at all. yes he had a bad game, but kaepernick is their guy. harbaugh has made that call and i believe it's the right one. he's going to be in a lot of hostile environments and pressure situations in his career, and he's never going to be good in those circumstances if the first time he's in one you yank him after the first quarter.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Kaepernick's more or less a rookie at this point, most of them are going to get overwhelmed on big stages like this (and Seattle's notoriously loud fanbase probably didn't help), not everybody in their first slew of starts are going to be like Andrew Luck or RGIII.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But it makes sense when you have a starting rookie or second year that your whole team is going to have to take some bumps with them. But when you have a QB who's one of the best in the league this year sitting on the bench, that's just a totally unnecessary hardship.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    alex smith isn't and will never be one of the best qb's in the league. that's the problem. your high opinion of him definitely explains your comment though.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep. But if Todd McShay had his way, we'd be drafting Star Lotulelei with the first overall pick. Because if there's something we need, its more defensive linemen.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Heath Miller tears knee ligmanents.
    To be fair, is that what McShay is wanting the Chiefs to do or is that what he expects the Chiefs current ownership to do? Because there is a difference between the two.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    If they don't fire Pioli like... next Monday, no one is renewing their season tickets. I don't think Hunt wants that.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN is reporting that Mario Manningham is done for the year with a torn ACL and PCL.

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    solojones concerning kaepernick, if they don't put him through situations like that now he'll be even worse in the playoffs. that was the closest he's gotten to a playoff atmosphere type game... which means he'll have a better feel for it next time. which can only help him out in the long run.

and putting smith back in after the beat down they put on the patriots would be sending all kinds of wrong messages to kaep. and smith for that matter. and the entire team. they might have gained one win out of it, and set back the future of their franchise in the process. overall that would not be a very good idea to me.

EDIT

yea... i had a feeling something like that happened when i saw the manningham play. that's not good for them. like i said, if it's their offense that ends up betraying them in the playoffs you can pretty much look to the injuries in this game as a pretty major cause of it. especially if davis is out for more than a week as well.

21. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000

I'm disappointed for Heath. I hope that he's back at 100% next fall.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    True. It's how he lined up his first "Big Board," which is his poor-man's Mel Kiper attempt at predicting the draft. I believe the only QB he had going in the first round was Geno Smith to Arizona.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well tristan I wouldn't have kept starting Kaep after Smith was better.

24. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Bruce Arians should be Coach of the Year. Has an interim coach ever won Coach of the Year in any sport?

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So after a couple days of suppressing my rage I now have nothing left to look forward to until baseball season starts. This must be what it feels like to root for Cleveland or Cincy every year.

PS
    I miss hockey