Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Me too.

But then again I root for them every Sunday. :p
    Joe Antonetti and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Well I find myself in the unsual position of actually having to hope Vick is wanting to play spoiler for the Giants, so it all works out in the end, I guess.
  3. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Speaking of the playoffs, if the Bengals play the Pack in the Super Bowl this year, it'd be like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis fighting to take me on a date.

Also, the odds of either of those happening are roughly the same.
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  5. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm glad that Heath Miller and Maurkice Pouncey got recognition, but I'm not so sure this year's Steelers deserved two Pro Bowlers.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think Pouncey deserved to go, honestly he's average at best. Sometimes I think his work ethic is suspect. Pumped for MIller though. He was the rock of the offense this year.
    Last edited by Rox, Dec 26, 2012
  7. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Pouncey is listed as the starter, for whatever that's worth. Miller is much more deserving, a shame that he won't be able to play. Hope that he still gets to go to Hawaii, though. :p
  8. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Geno Atkins! I started my Bengals franchise before the rosters got updated and he went from like an 80 to a 98.
  9. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I'm glad the most important part of our defense got recognized. Hurray for Phil Dawson!
  10. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Wow, the Chiefs having 5 selections is a bit of a surprise but you know, most of the guys selected deserved it. It just reinforces my frustration with Pioli and the QB situation because we actually do have a lot of talent on the team and it's being completely wasted. I feel especially bad for Jamaal Charles.

The best selection from our team, though, was punter Dustin Colquitt. I have said for the past 4 years that he's the best player on our team, and I genuinely mean it. I mean, tied with Charles I guess. But seriously, he is incredibly good. When Haley came in as coach, there was this famous press conference question:

Reporter: Now that you've been watching tape on the team, were there any surprises? Anyone who's better than you expected?
    Haley: No. They were 2-14 last season, so it was about what I expected..... The punter's pretty good.
    heels1785 likes this.
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  12. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Richard Sherman won his appeal and will be available for the rest of the season. Good news for Seahawks fans.
  13. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  14. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah the Jets need to go back the drawing board.
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Sanchez sliding, hitting his head on his lineman's ass, fumbling, and the Pats returning it for a TD pretty much sums up his whole career.
  16. heels1785 Community & Prequel Trilogy Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I agree about Dustin Colquitt, solojones, good points. He and Berry being UT guys makes it awesome to watch them go to my favorite pro team and succeed.

Britton Colquitt, also UT, is also a great punter for the Broncos, who now has the luxury Pat McAfee had for years in Indy. And he doesn't even have to do kickoffs, because Prater has a cannon for a leg.
  17. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Remember when everyone thought the Jets stole Sanchez in that trade with the Browns?
  18. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Britton isn't quite as good and that's even with the advantage of kicking at Mile High. Dustin is one kick away from tying and two kicks away from breaking the 'punts inside the 20' record for a season... here's hoping he gets it done this week. Lord knows we'll be punting enough :p
  20. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

The dolphin itself looks just fine, but where the **** is the helmet with the 'M'? It's an integral part of the logo, and I'd imagine it would remain so (there better be a backlash about this).
  21. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh you make it sound like that was the wros....ok it was the wrost play ever but also funny as heck. [face_rofl]
    Last edited by anidanami124, Dec 28, 2012
  22. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    ESPN is reporting that Sean Payton and the Saints have tenatively agreed to a 5 - year deal.
  25. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Point Given likes this.