main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    but is smith actually better rachel? the upside of kaep is so much higher it isn't even funny. they know what they have in smith. a game manager who can't make very deep throws and is pretty much stuck in the pocket for better or worse. is smith better right this second? that... is arguable. but i think that harbaugh, and the rest of the organization, are looking past just this year with this decision. smith was never harbaughs guy, he inherited him. kaep is. with absolutely everything else being equal, that would decide it by itself. with the higher upside of kaep, smith really didn't have a chance long term. especially since they've had a vastly more explosive offense with kaep in. just not against seattle.

my opinion on the steelers injuries is that it kinda squares things up a smidge after what they did to palmer and henry back in 05. i don't care what von olhafen or anyone else says. you do not get two injuries on the same freaking play, which is also basically the first play of offense that they have, without some people making it a goal to knock at least one person out of the game. can take a while to come back around, but that's pretty much karma. (if anyone is wonder, i did go back and watch that play recently. von olhafen grabbed palmers leg and drove his shoulder into his knee. that is one of the few plays that still makes me mad.)

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Would you watch Hines Ward compete on a cooking show in the interim?

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I know I already mentioned it on Facebook, but today marks the 18th anniversary of the last NFL game (to date) ever played here in the city of Los Angeles, a Raiders loss to Kansas City at the Coliseum.

:(

:p

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah the LA Raiders. I well remember kicking their asses a lot :p

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Juliet316

I actually have to root for the Redskins this Sunday.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :D

8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Me too.

But then again I root for them every Sunday. :p

Joe Antonetti and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I find myself in the unsual position of actually having to hope Vick is wanting to play spoiler for the Giants, so it all works out in the end, I guess.

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Speaking of the playoffs, if the Bengals play the Pack in the Super Bowl this year, it'd be like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis fighting to take me on a date.

Also, the odds of either of those happening are roughly the same.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm glad that Heath Miller and Maurkice Pouncey got recognition, but I'm not so sure this year's Steelers deserved two Pro Bowlers.

13. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't think Pouncey deserved to go, honestly he's average at best. Sometimes I think his work ethic is suspect. Pumped for MIller though. He was the rock of the offense this year.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Pouncey is listed as the starter, for whatever that's worth. Miller is much more deserving, a shame that he won't be able to play. Hope that he still gets to go to Hawaii, though. :p

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Geno Atkins! I started my Bengals franchise before the rosters got updated and he went from like an 80 to a 98.

16. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Well, I'm glad the most important part of our defense got recognized. Hurray for Phil Dawson!

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Wow, the Chiefs having 5 selections is a bit of a surprise but you know, most of the guys selected deserved it. It just reinforces my frustration with Pioli and the QB situation because we actually do have a lot of talent on the team and it's being completely wasted. I feel especially bad for Jamaal Charles.

The best selection from our team, though, was punter Dustin Colquitt. I have said for the past 4 years that he's the best player on our team, and I genuinely mean it. I mean, tied with Charles I guess. But seriously, he is incredibly good. When Haley came in as coach, there was this famous press conference question:

Reporter: Now that you've been watching tape on the team, were there any surprises? Anyone who's better than you expected?
    Haley: No. They were 2-14 last season, so it was about what I expected..... The punter's pretty good.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Richard Sherman won his appeal and will be available for the rest of the season. Good news for Seahawks fans.

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  21. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Yeah the Jets need to go back the drawing board.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sanchez sliding, hitting his head on his lineman's ass, fumbling, and the Pats returning it for a TD pretty much sums up his whole career.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree about Dustin Colquitt, solojones, good points. He and Berry being UT guys makes it awesome to watch them go to my favorite pro team and succeed.

Britton Colquitt, also UT, is also a great punter for the Broncos, who now has the luxury Pat McAfee had for years in Indy. And he doesn't even have to do kickoffs, because Prater has a cannon for a leg.

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Remember when everyone thought the Jets stole Sanchez in that trade with the Browns?

25. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Hmmm...

[​IMG]