Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    so glad the Skins came away with the win, can't stand the Cowboys
    solojones and Rew like this.
  2. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    FIGHT FOR OL' D.C.!

By the way, I found a tweet tonight that I hereby dedicate to @Juliet316:
    "Tony Romo is Charlie Brown and the playoffs are Lucy holding the football #blockhead"
    Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  4. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    How has Romo not gone to Cleveland yet?
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Any thoughts on who will be the first to go on this Black Monday?
  7. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Seems to be a sure bet. The only reason Jason Garrett's job is probably safe is because Jerry couldn't get to Sean Payton before the Saints did.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm a bit sad Peterson didn't manage to get Dickerson's record, but I'm sure the Vikings going to the playoffs is a good consolation prize for him.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Dec 31, 2012
  10. IntyMobile Jedi Master

star 1
    Not quite. 2010 season, they were the #1 seed, lost in Div round to the Jets. Packers d. Steelers in Super Bowl.

Also, I'd be shocked if we don't get at least four firings today. I expect Philly, San Diego, Cleveland, and KC to all make it official today.
  11. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    At choking yes yes he is really good. Tony the choker Romo. In fact that's what I will call him from now on Tony the chocker Romo.

Yeah they are both gone. With there teams seasons went.
    Last edited by anidanami124, Dec 31, 2012
  12. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_rofl] That is all I have to say bout that pic with Tony Romo crying.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, you have to admit romo is far more capable than anyone that the browns have had in what, the last decade and change?
  14. IntyMobile Jedi Master

star 1
    Probably since Bernie Kosar
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    very, very good chance of that now that i think of it. possibly since otto graham really. who have the browns had at QB that was actually good since then?
  16. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Derek Anderson using a Pacman power pellet in 2007? :p

Romo would be perfect for Cleveland, he's just good enough to give them hope and then snatch it away at the last second.

Well, he or Vick. And actually, with Trent Richardsoon, they could do some good! (By "do some good" I of course mean win their games against the Ravens/Steelers, and not Cincy)
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Dec 31, 2012
  17. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    ESPN is reporting that Lovie Smith is fired by the Bears and Reid is fired by the Eagles, Crennel is gone, the Jets GM is gone, Bill's fire Gailey (They gave him 13 seasons to get to the playoffs? wow!) and the Browns got rid of the coach and GM.
    Last edited by s65horsey, Dec 31, 2012
  18. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Lovie Smith is fired? Damn. Not his fault the GM hasn't solved that offensive line issue.
  19. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    "No final determination" on Pioli's future, although Crennel fired. You've got to be kidding me.

Tannenbaum out in New York as GM.
  20. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Whisenhunt out in Arizona. Of the "re-tread" coaches, he's the only one I'd want in KC so far.
  21. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Ok apparently the ESPN article was worded funky on Gailey. He only had 3 seasons. (Or there was a typo...unsure but it only says 3 seasons now.)
  22. solojones Chosen One

star 9

That ass probably convinced Hunt to try to find a coach that would appease fans, and if not that he could fire Pioli. The problem is he's just ensuring that:

1) None of the best coaches will consider us while Pioli is GM.
    2) The best GMs will be gone.

Clark Hunt is on the verge of ensuring that be will eventually have to sell the team because fans will never forgive him. The stats on how historically bad Pioli's 4 seasons were are staggering. It amounts to 3 of the worst 4 seasons in team history.
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Jesus Romo, I can't believe my heart/brain hasn't exploded yet. The time is now to start drafting a new QB. Glad to see all the those coaches being fired. They all are doing a crappy job. Yes even Lovie.
  24. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  25. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I agree. One non-disasterous draft (2010) in four tries should automatically qualify someone as well-paid as Pioli to get a swift kick in the ass.

Pile his two awful head coaching hires on top of our draft pile full of slow, overweight defensive linemen and fourth-round talent Jon Baldwin, mix in the Cassel contract that handcuffed us from the start of this season, and I don't know how any smart businessman could view his tenure as successful. I don't know who is out there that we could bring in, but there has to be a better option than this.