Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I see the Chiefs turning into the new Raiders. The place where all the retreads go. Unless they make a change to show they are serious.
  2. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    This has to be the worst Black Monday I've ever seen. 7 Coaches and 4 GMs all fired, along with presumably their coordinators and the rest of their staffs.

Also the DC and OC for the Jets will not be back next year either.
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Black Monday? Is that some new trendy term for today?
    Last edited by Rox, Dec 31, 2012
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  4. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The one that caught me most off guard was Whisenhunt. I think that he'll be able to find another head coaching gig before next season.
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah he had bad luck with personnel moves. He's a good coach.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    It's the name ESPN likes to use for this day when Head Coaches get fired in the NFL.
  7. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Lovie Smith was surprising at first, but less so when you weighed the facts. The rest were all more than understandable. Wiz I thought might get another year, but the Cards were so very bad. They need a quarterback like nothing else. If Wiz can't get a head coaching job, I'd love to see him back as OC in Pittsburgh, but that will NEVER happen.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Given the acrimony between Haley and Big Ben, that could happen. I could definitely see more coordinator changes in the days to come.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Reports are that TB OC Mike Sullivan will interview for the Bears Job.

Several teams are interested in Mike Nolan
  10. The Great No One Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    ravens OC will probably be up for grabs after this season. i can't see caldwell sticking there.

other than that i'm not really surprised by any of it. maybe lovie smith because he has been shackled with a bad o-line and no amount of coaching can really overcome that. unless you have an all-time great at QB who can get the ball out pretty much instantly. jay cutler does not qualify.

nolan as a head coach... don't think that'll work out. at all.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Dec 31, 2012
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Last edited by Juliet316, Dec 31, 2012
  12. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    No, but it is his fault that he tried to convince the GM to trade away the offense and get him two defenses, because he doesn't know what an "offense" is or what you do with it.

He's spent years and years fielding consistently fairly good defenses . . . on consistently mediocre teams. He can't figure out offense, and he can't deliver results. The whole organization is a mess, but he's still a mediocre coach who, in nine years, hasn't managed to figure out what the hell he's doing. The rest of the league will hopefully figure out that it's the Peter Principle at work, and he can get a job as a defensive coordinator somewhere where he can do a team some good.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    According to Jay Glazer on Twitter, at least two other Falcon coaches other than Nolan will also be interviewed for the Falcon's job.
  14. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Arians's "retirement" was forced by Art Rooney II. I think that he was a key supporter for Haley. If Wiz comes back to Pittsburgh, it won't be for at least another season.

But I've love to have him back. He's a nice guy. I'd see him around in my neck of the woods every so often.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, anybody thinking Arians got the last laugh?
  16. The Great No One Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    so the falcons are changing coaches then? or did you mean for the eagles job?
  17. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Eh, I guess BA sort of did. Any sort of icing, I guess, would be getting the Browns gig and beating the Steelers.
  18. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Sorry, fast typing fingers. Yes, I did mean the Eagles are interviewing Nolan and the other two Falcon coaches for the HC job.
  19. The Great No One Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    i'm surprised they're being allowed to yet, considering playoffs and all. i'd think most teams wouldn't let that happen until they'd been knocked out.
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    From what I've heard on ESPN today, they have to send permission slips out to teams in order to talk to coordinators and the like during Playoff season. Apparently the Falcons granted the Eagles their permission slip.
  21. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5

I....kinda want to make out with you. Let's not forget that Lovie promised us (Bears fans) that his number one priority was to beat Green Bay. I don't remember the last time we beat them. We are definitely going to be in re-building mode for a while.
  22. The Great No One Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 8
    i'm highly confused as to why the falcons would do that. i mean, distraction much?
  23. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If I were in the playoffs I wouldn't let any of my coaches do interviews until our season was over. I agree it's too much of a distraction.
  24. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    What carnage. I think Wiz would not have been fired if Kolb was any good, but I'm not sure how much input he had into that trade as a coach vs the GM.

The favourites for the Cardinals jobs are internal, I believe. They are also interviewing Reid (AWESOME...)
  25. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Is Kolb still on the roster for next year? Because it would be pretty funny if Reid got the coaching job and he was stuck with Kolb.