main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    "No final determination" on Pioli's future, although Crennel fired. You've got to be kidding me.

Tannenbaum out in New York as GM.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Whisenhunt out in Arizona. Of the "re-tread" coaches, he's the only one I'd want in KC so far.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok apparently the ESPN article was worded funky on Gailey. He only had 3 seasons. (Or there was a typo...unsure but it only says 3 seasons now.)

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

That ass probably convinced Hunt to try to find a coach that would appease fans, and if not that he could fire Pioli. The problem is he's just ensuring that:

1) None of the best coaches will consider us while Pioli is GM.
    2) The best GMs will be gone.

Clark Hunt is on the verge of ensuring that be will eventually have to sell the team because fans will never forgive him. The stats on how historically bad Pioli's 4 seasons were are staggering. It amounts to 3 of the worst 4 seasons in team history.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Jesus Romo, I can't believe my heart/brain hasn't exploded yet. The time is now to start drafting a new QB. Glad to see all the those coaches being fired. They all are doing a crappy job. Yes even Lovie.

6. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Bai Bai Lovie Dovie Povie!

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. One non-disasterous draft (2010) in four tries should automatically qualify someone as well-paid as Pioli to get a swift kick in the ass.

Pile his two awful head coaching hires on top of our draft pile full of slow, overweight defensive linemen and fourth-round talent Jon Baldwin, mix in the Cassel contract that handcuffed us from the start of this season, and I don't know how any smart businessman could view his tenure as successful. I don't know who is out there that we could bring in, but there has to be a better option than this.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I see the Chiefs turning into the new Raiders. The place where all the retreads go. Unless they make a change to show they are serious.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This has to be the worst Black Monday I've ever seen. 7 Coaches and 4 GMs all fired, along with presumably their coordinators and the rest of their staffs.

Also the DC and OC for the Jets will not be back next year either.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Black Monday? Is that some new trendy term for today?

LloydChristmas likes this.
  11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The one that caught me most off guard was Whisenhunt. I think that he'll be able to find another head coaching gig before next season.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah he had bad luck with personnel moves. He's a good coach.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's the name ESPN likes to use for this day when Head Coaches get fired in the NFL.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Lovie Smith was surprising at first, but less so when you weighed the facts. The rest were all more than understandable. Wiz I thought might get another year, but the Cards were so very bad. They need a quarterback like nothing else. If Wiz can't get a head coaching job, I'd love to see him back as OC in Pittsburgh, but that will NEVER happen.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Given the acrimony between Haley and Big Ben, that could happen. I could definitely see more coordinator changes in the days to come.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Reports are that TB OC Mike Sullivan will interview for the Bears Job.

Several teams are interested in Mike Nolan

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ravens OC will probably be up for grabs after this season. i can't see caldwell sticking there.

other than that i'm not really surprised by any of it. maybe lovie smith because he has been shackled with a bad o-line and no amount of coaching can really overcome that. unless you have an all-time great at QB who can get the ball out pretty much instantly. jay cutler does not qualify.

nolan as a head coach... don't think that'll work out. at all.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, but it is his fault that he tried to convince the GM to trade away the offense and get him two defenses, because he doesn't know what an "offense" is or what you do with it.

He's spent years and years fielding consistently fairly good defenses . . . on consistently mediocre teams. He can't figure out offense, and he can't deliver results. The whole organization is a mess, but he's still a mediocre coach who, in nine years, hasn't managed to figure out what the hell he's doing. The rest of the league will hopefully figure out that it's the Peter Principle at work, and he can get a job as a defensive coordinator somewhere where he can do a team some good.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    According to Jay Glazer on Twitter, at least two other Falcon coaches other than Nolan will also be interviewed for the Falcon's job.

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Arians's "retirement" was forced by Art Rooney II. I think that he was a key supporter for Haley. If Wiz comes back to Pittsburgh, it won't be for at least another season.

But I've love to have him back. He's a nice guy. I'd see him around in my neck of the woods every so often.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, anybody thinking Arians got the last laugh?

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    so the falcons are changing coaches then? or did you mean for the eagles job?

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Eh, I guess BA sort of did. Any sort of icing, I guess, would be getting the Browns gig and beating the Steelers.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sorry, fast typing fingers. Yes, I did mean the Eagles are interviewing Nolan and the other two Falcon coaches for the HC job.