Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah he is at this point. I'm not sure what his contract is though so who knows. Let's try and get Flynn from the Seahawks. Or Vick! lol :(
  2. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Lovie's supposedly also interested in the Cards job.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Kolb signed a 6 year, $63 million dollar deal when he was traded to the Cards in 2011.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Dec 31, 2012
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    That doesn't mean much, because how much is guaranteed and what the cap hit is is much more important. Manning signed a $90m 5 year deal with the Colts and was cut 12 months later.
  5. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    It's not Pittsburgh that wouldn't want to do it. Pittsburgh would do it in a heartbeat if Wiz would come back. It would make Ben happy.

But ... Wiz left Pittsburgh and was not happy. The Tomlin hire blindsided him (and Grimm) and he had some bad things to say about the organization. Just can't see him coming back as a coordinator.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  7. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I don't mean to alarm anyone, but the Cincinnati Bengals currently employ the head coach with the second-longest continuous tenure in the league.

The Bengals, people. The Bengals!
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Wasn't it this time around a couple of New Year's ago that we thought Marvin was the one that was a goner?

Anyway Jay Glazer on Twitter is saying Caldwell's being courted by the Chargers and Jets, the latter presumably as an OC with Sprano gone and Rex staying on as HC.
  9. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Cool- hadn't seen that, thanks for the link.

I dunno, just on instinct, I say trade it if we can. This draft is the lowest on "guaranteed" talent that I can remember, and I think if we can take advantage of an Oakland or Detroit that want to move up, we can still get our QB. I believe solojones has always been in the Geno Smith camp, and I'm there too. My second choice would be Aaron Murray- we were fairly decent in protecting two very poor QBs this year, so if we draft a guy without wheels, he could succeed with our o-line intact. I have zero interest in Barkley, originally my guy- or Jones/Glennon/Wilson.
  10. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Please hire all the 'skins staff before this weekend. [face_praying]
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7

:p
  12. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    And it begins. Bills looking at Lovie and Whisenhunt, Cards looking at Reid.

My preferences in KC would be first Holmgren, then Zimmer or Whisenhunt. Just don't know why any big name coach would want to come work for a GM hovering just above zero job security, who could likely be gone in a year. Poor business from the Hunts.
  13. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    The thing is, because there aren't any hugely stand outs, we might not even be able to trade. And I just don't think it's worth the risk either. It doesn't matter if Smith isn't worthy of a #1 pick. It's the pick we have, this is the NFL, and you must have a franchise QB. Smith may not work but you at least have to try. Frankly we are so thin at QB, I would do what Washington did and draft multiple QBs.
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Awww yeah! Until Mike Brown decides to stop paying everyone!

And all these vacancies make me want them to win a playoff game even more, 'cause I don't wanna lose Zimmer.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  16. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  18. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like to "Like" that post a few hundred more times, please fix this mods thank you.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  19. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    always good to have teams healthy in the playoffs. makes the games better.
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  21. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    According to Sportcenter this morning, Ray Lewis will retire after this season.
  22. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  23. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    He's a great football player. Crazy psycho on the field, and a strong competitor. That said, I'm not opposed to his career ending this weekend. :p
  24. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Rams fire Greg Williams...

lol
  25. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Took far too long for Fisher to do that. Should have been done the instant Williams was indefinitely suspended.

Edit: And the Bills have interviewed Whisenhunt.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 2, 2013