main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm surprised they're being allowed to yet, considering playoffs and all. i'd think most teams wouldn't let that happen until they'd been knocked out.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    From what I've heard on ESPN today, they have to send permission slips out to teams in order to talk to coordinators and the like during Playoff season. Apparently the Falcons granted the Eagles their permission slip.

3. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002

I....kinda want to make out with you. Let's not forget that Lovie promised us (Bears fans) that his number one priority was to beat Green Bay. I don't remember the last time we beat them. We are definitely going to be in re-building mode for a while.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm highly confused as to why the falcons would do that. i mean, distraction much?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If I were in the playoffs I wouldn't let any of my coaches do interviews until our season was over. I agree it's too much of a distraction.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    What carnage. I think Wiz would not have been fired if Kolb was any good, but I'm not sure how much input he had into that trade as a coach vs the GM.

The favourites for the Cardinals jobs are internal, I believe. They are also interviewing Reid (AWESOME...)

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Is Kolb still on the roster for next year? Because it would be pretty funny if Reid got the coaching job and he was stuck with Kolb.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  8. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah he is at this point. I'm not sure what his contract is though so who knows. Let's try and get Flynn from the Seahawks. Or Vick! lol :(

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Lovie's supposedly also interested in the Cards job.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Kolb signed a 6 year, $63 million dollar deal when he was traded to the Cards in 2011.

11. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    That doesn't mean much, because how much is guaranteed and what the cap hit is is much more important. Manning signed a $90m 5 year deal with the Colts and was cut 12 months later.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's not Pittsburgh that wouldn't want to do it. Pittsburgh would do it in a heartbeat if Wiz would come back. It would make Ben happy.

But ... Wiz left Pittsburgh and was not happy. The Tomlin hire blindsided him (and Grimm) and he had some bad things to say about the organization. Just can't see him coming back as a coordinator.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't mean to alarm anyone, but the Cincinnati Bengals currently employ the head coach with the second-longest continuous tenure in the league.

The Bengals, people. The Bengals!

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Wasn't it this time around a couple of New Year's ago that we thought Marvin was the one that was a goner?

Anyway Jay Glazer on Twitter is saying Caldwell's being courted by the Chargers and Jets, the latter presumably as an OC with Sprano gone and Rex staying on as HC.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Cool- hadn't seen that, thanks for the link.

I dunno, just on instinct, I say trade it if we can. This draft is the lowest on "guaranteed" talent that I can remember, and I think if we can take advantage of an Oakland or Detroit that want to move up, we can still get our QB. I believe solojones has always been in the Geno Smith camp, and I'm there too. My second choice would be Aaron Murray- we were fairly decent in protecting two very poor QBs this year, so if we draft a guy without wheels, he could succeed with our o-line intact. I have zero interest in Barkley, originally my guy- or Jones/Glennon/Wilson.

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Please hire all the 'skins staff before this weekend. [face_praying]

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

:p

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And it begins. Bills looking at Lovie and Whisenhunt, Cards looking at Reid.

My preferences in KC would be first Holmgren, then Zimmer or Whisenhunt. Just don't know why any big name coach would want to come work for a GM hovering just above zero job security, who could likely be gone in a year. Poor business from the Hunts.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The thing is, because there aren't any hugely stand outs, we might not even be able to trade. And I just don't think it's worth the risk either. It doesn't matter if Smith isn't worthy of a #1 pick. It's the pick we have, this is the NFL, and you must have a franchise QB. Smith may not work but you at least have to try. Frankly we are so thin at QB, I would do what Washington did and draft multiple QBs.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Awww yeah! Until Mike Brown decides to stop paying everyone!

And all these vacancies make me want them to win a playoff game even more, 'cause I don't wanna lose Zimmer.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I would like to "Like" that post a few hundred more times, please fix this mods thank you.

Juliet316 likes this.