Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah it's really fair to compare a quarterback who's been playing for 8 years to one who's played 4 games. Oh wait...
    Also the pack is going to get squashed by the 49ers who we beat.
  2. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I'm so glad to have Woodson back. Let's keep it up against the Niners.
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    also thanks for that comment it really contributed to the topic...
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  4. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Damn it, no more Al & Chris until September. Boooooo.
  5. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Lol, somebody's a Vikings fan.
  6. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
  7. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Wow, this was seriously one of the most boring days of playoff games in recent memory. I barely paid attention to the games.

So, Packers at Candlestick. We'll see how Kaep handles the playoffs. At least he gets to be at home, but going against a seasoned Packers team could be a challenge.
  8. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    you know what the funny thing is? i used to hate sports. i started watching football in 2009 and as sad as it is the reason i started was because i love marvel comics, but it anger's me that they don't have a single character from Minnesota. (don't even mention 8-ball) i thought the reason nobody takes Minnesota seriously is because we've never won the Superbowl. so my reasoning was that if we won marvel would have to make a superhero from Minnesota.

then i got really into it, granted i don't watch any games other then ours but...
  9. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    AP is pretty much a super hero.

Imagine what would happen if he were in a good team like the Packers!
  10. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Welp, Ponder's job as Starting QB is probably secure going into training camp next year.
  11. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    No way. They need to get another QB and push Ponder to back-up.
  12. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    lol like who? The quarterback class this year is garbage and there aren't any good free agents. Not that backup QBs taken from another team are usually helpful...who was the last good one? Schaub maybe?

Nobody is dramatically improving at QB unless a later round flyer turns out like Wilson.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    There won't be another even remotely 'good' QB first round class until Johnny Manziel (provided he doesn't end up getting injured) comes out and that's not for at least another two years.

Edit: Then again, that's what they said about the 2012 class before RGIII stormed onto the scene and won the Heisman, so who knows? But my gut says only a desperate team like the Chiefs or the Browns take a QB in the first round this year.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 5, 2013
  14. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Though I would like to see the 49'ers make it to the Super Bowl (proof that I don't inherently hate all NoCal sports teams :p ), I can't root for that yet because of the possibility of Seattle/Green Bay title game still exists, and that would make for such wonder theater.
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ugh, Seattle, why? If you mean in the sense that having lime green uniforms on the biggest stage is considered a special kind of theatre, I guess :p
  17. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Because of the 'fail mary'.
    Rew and DarthTunick like this.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    @solojones: I actually like the look of their new uni's. :p But no, that's not the reason why it would be great theater, this is:

[IMG]

I know it would get a bit irritating for all that to be re-hashed, but I think it would be worth it.
  19. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I'm inclined to agree with you on both counts, although I think Arizona will be going for a QB early this year too. Next year, Tajh Boyd will be in the draft and Bridgewater may leave Louisville early if he has another good year, both good passing mobile QBs. I don't think either is the next Cam Newton or RG3, but what a difference a year makes, as you said.
  20. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    And that's the reason I don't even want to see Seattle advance any in the playoffs, because they didn't even deserve to be there. I was going to be extremely, extremely angry if they pulled out the win in the NFC West.
    Armenian_Jedi likes this.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yep, and who knows? There could be a later round Tom Brady type in this years class, or a QB passed over until late 1st - early 2nd who gets P.O'd enough to set out to prove people wrong like Big Ben and Rodgers did. But right now, there's not really a whole lot of standouts at any position to me in this year's draft class.
    heels1785 likes this.
  22. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Mel Kiper now has Mike Glennon as his top-rated QB. I hope we don't mess with that in KC. The guy is huge at like 6'7", but I got to see a few NC State games this year, and he just reeks Blaine Gabbert, Matt Leinart, and so on..big dudes with good-to-medium velocity who aren't mobile enough to get away from faster pass rush and not accurate enough to make up for it.

Also, he's careless with the ball- 17 picks, 4 games with 2 or more and had 4 against my Vols and their horrific defense. No thank you.
    Last edited by heels1785, Jan 5, 2013
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Well the good thing @solojones is the Seahawks have to get past the 'skins first before any GB/Seattle rematch has even the remotest chance of happening.

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Edit: @heels1785: Kiper has been misfiring for a good number of years now. I don't even think he had RGIII on his boards until the Redskins moved up to take #2 in the Draft (I could be wrong, it has been a full year), so, yeah, hopefully Kiper's wrong this time.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 5, 2013
  24. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Exactly. As Russell Wilson and many others have proven, if the right skill set gets paired up with the right coach at the right time, big things can happen. Bridgewater is a high-character guy with the same kind of story as Wilson, he's had to fight for everything he's gotten. I'm high on his chances if he stays healthy, I think Charlie Strong's decision to stick around will really inspire that group.
  25. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    All depends on the coaching/GM carosel this year and next.