Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    He had his players cover themselves in Crisco?!?!
  2. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    DarthTunick likes this.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I've heard about that, and I'm not in any way excusing that, but IIRC, he never tried that again, and in the grand scheme of things, it's not nearly as bad as what other coaches/organizations have done in the years since. (Patricheats and Bounty Scandal anybody?)

Edit: Besides, in my opinion Carroll's attitude is worse than most coaches with very few exceptions.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 6, 2013
  4. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I don't like Carroll either.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    So what if Carroll is a bit of a ****?
  6. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    He's an ass. Not very classy.
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Sure, it's terribly unrealistic to not expect that among some head coaches in a 32 team league. No reason to fret about it*

*unless you already have issues with Seattle.
    :p
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Well, RGIII's at the podium. The good news is there's no visable signs of crutches (though that could be because of the tight TV shot on SportsCenter) and he seems to be standing pretty well at the moment.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  10. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Probably courtesy of a fat cheque from Knight. :p
    DarthTunick likes this.
  11. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
  12. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Was really rooting for RG3 there, sad to see him not at full strength.

But of course the Redskins go down because of Wounded Knee. (Too soon?)
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jan 7, 2013
  13. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    As a Cowboy fan I was pleased to see RGIII fail. No draft picks for Washington either.
    Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  14. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I cant believe people are second guessing leaving RG3 in the game. He gave the 'skins the bast chance yesterday. I agree with Herm Edwards though: Shanahan was right to leave him in the game, but wrong to give him running plays. I mean seriously, did you guys forget you had Morris?
    But I wish RG3 a speedy recovery. He's one of the class acts in the league.

But what a game. Wow, the 'hawks defense just shut down the 'skins after that terrible first quarter for the 'hawks.

Is it just me or are the Falcons always just one dynamic player away from getting to the big game? They're like the Texans to me. Good, but not good enough. The thing about the 'hawks is they're so dynamic they could either show up as this amazingly awesome defensive/running attack team and crush the Falcons or not show up and suffer a blowout. The Falcons just seem to be stuck.

And there will be no Pack-'hawks rematch because the Niners are going to clobber the Packers.

And as a fan of the Seahawks for close to 30 years now, it seems awkward to think this about your favorite team and their coach, but Petey Carroll is not my favorite person by a long shot. Never liked the guy and still don't completely buy into him in Seattle.....even with them going to the divisional round in the post. If there's ever a bad altercation or something happening on or off the field I always look at that guy. What he did at USC ruined him to me forever. He just doesn't seem to run a tight ship.

Sounds like their Off Coord Bevel might jump ship to a head job somewhere too.

edit: does anyone know the story behind the after game shoving match?
    Last edited by ShaneP, Jan 7, 2013
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I definitely thought the running plays were the worst part of the decision to keep him in. Every time he ran I cringed. So stupid. Not his fault at all, but Shanahan... arg.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    which shanahan? the one actually CALLING the running plays (i.e. kyle), or the other one?
  17. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Mike is the one in charge of keeping his QB in there and running and you know it. If he wanted Kyle to protect RG3s legs, he would have made it happen.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i get the feeling that mike doesn't do that much of the game planning during the game so much. halftime, yes, but you never see him talking to kyle on the sidelines. which would suggest that he left it to his discretion. and given that they're father and son (and that they work together pretty closely), most of the things you dislike about mike are probably present in kyle.

and no rachel, i DON'T actually know it. just like you don't. you can guess, you can assume. but you don't know because you aren't privvy to the conversations. so until those come out you're just guessing or making assumptions. possibly educated guesses and assumptions, but that's still all they are. and in your case rather biased ones given your enduring and vocal hatred of all things shanahan.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Jan 7, 2013
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Um the head coach is in charge of all the other coaches. And this is his star QB. He doesn't have to wait until halftime to do anything. He's talking to this QB and his OC constantly. He's presumably watching the same game we all are. And it's his call to change the game plan or pull someone. The OC doesn't just do that on his own. There is no presumption about this whatsoever. It's literally just his job description.

Edit: And if he is leaving it up to the OC and not saying anything, that's still him making the decision to let it happen. I have no love for Kyle really. It was dumb of him to call those runs. And I do hate Mike. But this has nothing to do with that. Your star QB is playing hurt, that is your call as HC. I would say the same thing about any HC who did this. It's ridiculous to pretend like the HC just didn't have any way to stop that happening.
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  21. jacktherack Force Ghost

star 4
    who's aaron rogers? isn't he that guy from the state farm commercials?
  22. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  23. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I would pass off the flu normally but the guy is older and the flu strains this year are particularly strong. Hope he turns out ok.

Terrible that Clemon's is out. But they do have some depth on defense.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, I was kind of eye rolling myself at the Agent blaming the field.
  25. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Dang, I edited that part out for some reason!

Yeah, they complain when astroturf was so hard causing injuries. Then they complain natural when it's torn up.