Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    all the work manning put in, i'll be highly surprised if he doesn't play at least two more years. or as long as he's physically capable of being up to his standards. something like that. but two more years at least.

EDIT

some of those losses weren't precisely his fault. the vanderjagt wide right for instance? others were, yes. but the losses were on the team in a lot of instances. and in this one, i still think it's more on the bronco's defense than anything else. they allowed 28 points. the second best defense in the league allow's 28 points. that doesn't precisely compute.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Jan 13, 2013
  2. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Unless the Texans shock everybody this afternoon (which quite frankly would not surprise me with the way these playoffs have gone thus far), I fully expect Ray Lewis' career to end at Foxboro next week.
  4. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Everyone here in NE seems confident that the Pats will win, but I'm worried. I have flashbacks to 2010, when we crushed the Jets in the regular season and they came back to beat us in the playoffs. And I have no doubt that the Texans will be up for this game.
  5. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I'm sure Matt Shaub will find a way to lose today. If not him, I'm sure Andre Johnson will drop at least 3 playmaking balls.
  6. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    "The Flacco Fling" has a nice ring to it.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  7. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  8. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Ok so I was informed that the 49ers destroyed the Patriots when they played this year so that is another point in their favor of why I should cheer for them for the rest of the post season.
    Juliet316 and Trimaj like this.
  9. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    For some reason I have a feeling the Patriots are not going to win today.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    That would make my weekend if that were the case!
  11. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    They won by a touchdown - I wouldn't exactly call that destroying them. :p

And one of these days I'll have to try and convince you away from your irrational Patriots hatred. ;)
    Last edited by Jedi_Hood, Jan 13, 2013
  12. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    It is completely rational! :p
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Just because Tom Brady is better than Peyton...... [face_shame_on_you]
  14. -G-O-A-T- Force Ghost

star 3
  15. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    WTF.

Maybe it's just my TV, but I swear the clock still said :01 when the Seahawks snapped the ball on 4th and Goal. Why the crap did the refs wave it off and signal halftime?
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    hatred of the patriots is always rational.
  17. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, another stat. Manning has never won a playoff game when the temperature was less than 40. In other words, he can't play real football games I guess. I'm sorry, but no one in our division has a dome, even though we play in places that are just as cold or colder than Indy. I don't get domes. It's football - it should be cold, there should be snow, there should be rain, and you should tough it out. Manning appears shocked to now be playing in a place where those things exist.
    Last edited by solojones, Jan 13, 2013
  18. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently Atlanta failed to watch the Seattle-Washington game last week. Never count out the Seahawks--they're a dangerous second-half team.

(At least in our case last week, we had an injured starting QB. The Falcons have no such excuse.)
    Trimaj likes this.
  19. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i'm... not even sure where you're getting the "manning is shocked to be playing in the weather" thing at all. do you think he didn't consider that when he chose denver? that's just irrational manning hatred, because the statement makes 0 sense. at all. he played outdoors in december and was just fine. i don't think he has a problem playing outside, if he's used to it.

i really don't even know what to say in response to some of that. because it's non-sensical.
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Trimaj this may surprise you but the average temperature in Denver is like 46 for December and January. The cold snowy month here is March. Not much football played then. Plus, I'm pretty sure his choices of Denver was more about Elway than weather. Not to mention sj quoted a fact there about Peyton.
    solojones likes this.
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i was talking about the part i quoted inty. the part about him seeming shocked to be playing in that kind of weather. that's the part that makes no sense, because i don't see how it can be true. yes, i'm sure elway had a lot to do with his choice. but i just don't see how he doesn't at least consider the stadium and field, and things connected to that.

and no, i didn't know about the weather in there being that in those months. but i find it hard to believe it's colder in tennessee in those months on a fairly regular basis. that... is just weird.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Jan 13, 2013
  22. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  23. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
  25. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9