main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I swear if it ends up being 49ers vs Ravens, I'm all set to say the NFL is rigging this.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh my God, this was the best day of playoffs for me since the last time the Chiefs won, and that was 20 damn years ago.

Holy **** Kaep. Ok I still feel bad for Smith and was obviously worried about him after the last couple weeks. I always knew Kaep was it long term but to be fair he's given us some reasons to worry about how he'd do in the post season recently. But man do I take it back. NINERS!!! Let's go all the way.

And the Denver game... I seriously lost my voice shouting during that game. I have never had such a wonderful rush of Schadenfreude. Ahh what a good night. So so much better than last week.

(Tri when I talk about the refs amd Denver please see: Hoculi. I mean come on it was so bad they had to keep him from reffing Denver games for a while. This crew was ok in the end.)

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, totally. A running/throwing hybrid QB who dazzles in his first dozen starts. We've never seen this before!

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I may have wanted a Seahawks/Packers title game, but I'm not upset at all with the 49'ers winning. It was a gutsy move for Harbaugh to go with Kaepernick over Smith (considering Smith's breakout year in 2011), but it's more than paid off for him. It's got to really be a pain for Rodgers to finally get a chance to play in his hometown (with a chance to obviously stick it to the Niners for not drafting him), and then to lose as they did. For my perspective, it was a great football day.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It felt weird rooting for the Ravens but I dislike the Mannings so I'm glad the Broncos lost. Sounds like it was a great day to watch some football. Too bad I was at work :(

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I wanted the Broncos to win and had he not thrown that last pick would've put the loss on the defense...but that last pick was terrible. It was Favreesque.

He's got one more year I think but his career story is written.

Oh and Kaepernick WTF.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    A great QB, but an incredible disappointment in the post-season where it really counts. I'm sorry, but having 8 first game losses in the playoffs in your career, and with 5 of those at home... is pretty sad. I'm sorry, but regardless of what anyone thinks of their respective skill-sets, there just isn't any comparison between Peyton's career success and Brady's. And I'm not a huge Brady fan or anything, I'm just saying, in reality Peyton should be as remembered for how spectacularly bad he's been in the playoffs as anything. It simply can't just be swept under the rug anymore at this point.

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    all the work manning put in, i'll be highly surprised if he doesn't play at least two more years. or as long as he's physically capable of being up to his standards. something like that. but two more years at least.

EDIT

some of those losses weren't precisely his fault. the vanderjagt wide right for instance? others were, yes. but the losses were on the team in a lot of instances. and in this one, i still think it's more on the bronco's defense than anything else. they allowed 28 points. the second best defense in the league allow's 28 points. that doesn't precisely compute.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    to JOE FLACCO.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Unless the Texans shock everybody this afternoon (which quite frankly would not surprise me with the way these playoffs have gone thus far), I fully expect Ray Lewis' career to end at Foxboro next week.

11. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Everyone here in NE seems confident that the Pats will win, but I'm worried. I have flashbacks to 2010, when we crushed the Jets in the regular season and they came back to beat us in the playoffs. And I have no doubt that the Texans will be up for this game.

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'm sure Matt Shaub will find a way to lose today. If not him, I'm sure Andre Johnson will drop at least 3 playmaking balls.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    "The Flacco Fling" has a nice ring to it.

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok so I was informed that the 49ers destroyed the Patriots when they played this year so that is another point in their favor of why I should cheer for them for the rest of the post season.

Juliet316 and Trimaj like this.
  16. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    For some reason I have a feeling the Patriots are not going to win today.

17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    That would make my weekend if that were the case!

18. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    They won by a touchdown - I wouldn't exactly call that destroying them. :p

And one of these days I'll have to try and convince you away from your irrational Patriots hatred. ;)

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    It is completely rational! :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Just because Tom Brady is better than Peyton...... [face_shame_on_you]

21. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
  22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    WTF.

Maybe it's just my TV, but I swear the clock still said :01 when the Seahawks snapped the ball on 4th and Goal. Why the crap did the refs wave it off and signal halftime?

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    hatred of the patriots is always rational.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Okay, another stat. Manning has never won a playoff game when the temperature was less than 40. In other words, he can't play real football games I guess. I'm sorry, but no one in our division has a dome, even though we play in places that are just as cold or colder than Indy. I don't get domes. It's football - it should be cold, there should be snow, there should be rain, and you should tough it out. Manning appears shocked to now be playing in a place where those things exist.

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Apparently Atlanta failed to watch the Seattle-Washington game last week. Never count out the Seahawks--they're a dangerous second-half team.

(At least in our case last week, we had an injured starting QB. The Falcons have no such excuse.)

Trimaj likes this.