main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Normally my inherent bias against New England based sports teams would have me root against the Patriots today, but the Texans* don't excite me at all, and I think a Raven/Pats title game would be fantastic to see.

*If the powers to be here in L.A. hadn't ****** up things in 1999, the expansion franchise that Houston got would have been awarded to Los Angeles... so that overrules my dislike of New England.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    First off, I'm a Giants fan, not a Packers fan, though I do have a soft spot for the Packers.

Secondly if you're going to use the Joe Webb argument, you beat Alex Smith not Colin Kaepernick.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Disappointed because I wanted to see a Seahawks-Niners showdown, but also happy because I think Atlanta has a better chance of beating the Niners, whom I loathe.

5. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i probably shouldn't be arguing considering like i said i started watching in the 2009 season. this is the first year i ever watched any game that the vikings were not in.
    i did want the seahawks and the bronco's to win :(
    my cousin is the biggest patriots fan though. i almost think he likes them more then the vikings.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You know, it would be interesting if it came down to a Ravens/Falcons Superbowl, if only for the storyline of each team having a guy which both of whom have said their retiring after this year (Lewis for the Ravens and Tony Gonzalez for the Falcons) being in what would be their final game of their careers. Which team would send their man out a champion?

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    And they would both be dark-colored birds.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Damn that was one fine kick to end the half.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    C'mon Texans

10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Ugh, just when the Texans were about to make this game competitive.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Come on, the Texans were never going to make this game competitive. Brady is salivating at the concept of a Super Bowl without Eli Manning there to stop him.

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's quite a sight how New England's offense is run so efficiently.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Tom Brady makes me a sad panda.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Is anyone else at all bothered that the lowest-scoring losing team in the Divisional round scored 28 points?

What happened to a good, old-fashioned defensive struggle?

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Okay, so if they won, why did Belicheat storm off like he did? Somebody pee in his hoodie?

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    He's a douche, what else is there to say?

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    As a Dolphins fan, seeing Tom Brady suffer two Super Bowl losses has been more than satisfying. Here's hoping the Ravens win next week, though it will be a very tall order. If New England makes it to the Super Bowl, I don't see either the 49ers or the Falcons beating them. That's painful for me to say.

18. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
  19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    There is just absolutely no argument to be made against the notion that Tom Brady is the best all around QB of this generation. None.

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Former EPSN commentator Rob Parker (good riddence!) evidently begged to differ. It was fun to see Skip go ape**** when Parker would start in on Brady.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    best qb of the generation for sure. throwing the phrase "all around" in there actually kind of muddles things though, since he's basically only a pocket passer. that's where you could start to make an argument for someone like rodgers, who can make plays with his legs and is better at improvising.

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean more that he's not just a skilled athlete, he's a good leader. A big part of success in the post season, coming back from behind, etc. is having a QB keep it together, control the game, and lead his team.

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    This will be an impossible Super Bowl to find a team to root for. :(
    I guess I will root for Ravens first, then Falcons, Niners, and never Patriots.
    Sure Niners vs Pats would be the best game, but **** those teams!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    says the guy who lives in new york but roots for the cowboys of all teams. [face_talk_hand]

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    You can't go wrong though with rooting for San Francisco... it would be great for the NFL if that franchise were to make it back to the Super Bowl, and especially if they were to win it. Every major sports league has their standard bearer franchises, and the 49'ers are one of those for the NFL (as I see it).

solojones and tom like this.