Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Damn that was one fine kick to end the half.
  2. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
  3. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Ugh, just when the Texans were about to make this game competitive.
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Come on, the Texans were never going to make this game competitive. Brady is salivating at the concept of a Super Bowl without Eli Manning there to stop him.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    It's quite a sight how New England's offense is run so efficiently.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Tom Brady makes me a sad panda.
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Is anyone else at all bothered that the lowest-scoring losing team in the Divisional round scored 28 points?

What happened to a good, old-fashioned defensive struggle?
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Okay, so if they won, why did Belicheat storm off like he did? Somebody pee in his hoodie?
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    He's a douche, what else is there to say?
    Last edited by Rox, Jan 13, 2013
    LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    As a Dolphins fan, seeing Tom Brady suffer two Super Bowl losses has been more than satisfying. Here's hoping the Ravens win next week, though it will be a very tall order. If New England makes it to the Super Bowl, I don't see either the 49ers or the Falcons beating them. That's painful for me to say.
  11. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    There is just absolutely no argument to be made against the notion that Tom Brady is the best all around QB of this generation. None.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Former EPSN commentator Rob Parker (good riddence!) evidently begged to differ. It was fun to see Skip go ape**** when Parker would start in on Brady.
  14. tom Chosen One

star 6
    best qb of the generation for sure. throwing the phrase "all around" in there actually kind of muddles things though, since he's basically only a pocket passer. that's where you could start to make an argument for someone like rodgers, who can make plays with his legs and is better at improvising.
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I mean more that he's not just a skilled athlete, he's a good leader. A big part of success in the post season, coming back from behind, etc. is having a QB keep it together, control the game, and lead his team.
  16. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    This will be an impossible Super Bowl to find a team to root for. :(
    I guess I will root for Ravens first, then Falcons, Niners, and never Patriots.
    Sure Niners vs Pats would be the best game, but **** those teams!
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  17. tom Chosen One

star 6
    says the guy who lives in new york but roots for the cowboys of all teams. [face_talk_hand]
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    You can't go wrong though with rooting for San Francisco... it would be great for the NFL if that franchise were to make it back to the Super Bowl, and especially if they were to win it. Every major sports league has their standard bearer franchises, and the 49'ers are one of those for the NFL (as I see it).
    solojones and tom like this.
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    For the Niners I think the best matchup would be the Ravens I think. And it would make an interesting young v. old team.
  20. tom Chosen One

star 6
    not to mention brother vs. brother on the sidelines. boy will that storyline get old if it happens.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  21. solojones Chosen One

star 9
  22. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Though I would love that Super Bowl (since I'm also pulling for Baltimore), I can definitely see how that story line would get annoying* for many people.

*This happened to me in the lead up to Super Bowl XL ("OMG, Jerome Bettis is going home!!!!"), which lead me to root for Seattle in that game.
  23. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Well I think the likelihood of both those teams winning on the road is low. A bit worried about Kaep on a loud road game with how he played in Seattle.. but here's hoping.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    he won convincingly in the superdome, and there's seriously no crowd like seattle's. if anything, this could be where not pulling him out of that game pays off.
  25. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah I think Niners are going to destroy the Falcons. Ravens might keep it close, but the Pats should handles them.