Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Well the Raven's don't have the kicker that cost them the AFC Championship last year, so who knows? Maybe they shock everybody next week (But I doubt it).
  2. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes. Harbaugh v Harbaugh would be an annoyingly over-covered storyline. So would "Ray Lewis and Tony Gonzalez are both retiring. One will go out a champ." So would Tom Brady trying to match Montana against Montana's team.
  3. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    there isn't a storyline that wouldn't get old, especially because of the hype that always surrounds the super bowl.
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm pulling for the Falcons now that the Texans are out. I hate the Ravens because well they are the Ravens, Tom Brady makes me want to punch babies and the 49ers would tie the Steelers with most Super Bowl wins if they would win so the Falcons are left as the odd man out for me. So go Falcons I guess!?!
    Darth McClain and DT421 like this.
  5. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I'm rooting for the Falcons even though they bested my 'hawks yesterday. But I think the Niners are the hotter team right now.
    Last edited by ShaneP, Jan 14, 2013
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i'm for the 49ers. i think they probably have the best shot at beating the patriots. since they already did it once.
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Has there ever been a Super Bowl where the starting QBs on each team went 1-2 in their draft class? (I would be talking about Ryan and Flacco here)?
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 14, 2013
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  9. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Billick is a smart guy but man, giving up his analyst and booth career for the grind of a HC job?
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    he's been thinking about it before i think. just wasn't any offers that appealed to him.
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    There's been rumblings that Cowher wants back on the sidelines as well.
  12. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I hope he never comes back. I know it's selfish :( It would be so hard for me as a fan to see the jaw on a different sideline than the black and gold.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, i think jerry world jones has been quietly pursuing him.
  14. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I would hope here never takes a job from Jerry Jones never gets someone like Cowher. With the way Jerry runs the Cowboys.
  15. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Any job Cowher get's comes with GM duty I would think. I can't imagine working for Jones since he is very hands on.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    if parcells couldn't get jerry to back off, i doubt anyone could. kinda have trouble seeing any particularly big name coaches wanting to deal with the jerry headache for very long.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Agreed. Garrett is a walking puppet for Jones.
  18. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, Bill Cowher did just deny the rumor that he started about him wanting to get back into coaching.

He gets to pick his job, because he has no need to leave CBS. Had Atlanta lost to Seattle, I could have imagined Cowher's phone ringing and that job being of a lot of interest to him.
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  20. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, the Eagles also interviewed some homeless guy with a sign around his neck that said "Will work for food"...

Apparently, he also turned the Eagles down.
    Last edited by DT421, Jan 15, 2013
  21. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I heard the Eagles are also holding open tryouts.
    [IMG]
  22. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
  23. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think that Cowher wants to feel wanted, but doesn't actually want to coach. The local sports media said that Billick wants to coach again in the worst way. Wonder if he'll get another chance. For an offensive guy, Baltimore was always lacking in that area during his tenure.

And I'm rooting for the Falcons, for the reasons Rox outlined.
  24. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm beginning to wonder if Bruce Arians will stay put in Indy. I kinda want to see that happen, as I don't really want to see Luck learning a new offensive scheme. Besides, the issue with Arians offense this season was a severe lacking in the O-line area and we now have $47 million in freed up cap space to go after some free agent linemen. Having said that, I hope we stay away from Jake Long. He is going to want a huge payday and I don't think he's worth the money he's going to want.
  25. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I was getting ready to say, if I was Indy and Jim Irsay, I'd be throwing a **** ton of money at Arians to get him to stay after what he did in keeping the ship righted when Pagan was sidelined this year.