Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i like them, but not really one of my teams no. it's more i really liked kurt warner and larry fitzgerald. like i said, i apparently just missed it.
  2. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ugh. Well that both sucks for the football implications (whether it's true or not) and definitely the real-world ones if it's true.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I'm sure his teammates and coaches will rally around and support him during this "tough" time. Hang in there Crabtree!
  5. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    FWIW:
    -It shouldn't prevent him from playing this week, or for that matter in the Super Bowl in all likelihood.
    -Innocent until proven guilty.
    -If proven guilty, I hope that he doesn't receive any special treatment for being a football star.
  6. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Agreed on all accounts. I just know this will be spun into Crabtree being the victim. Which may be the case. But I doubt it. :p

Edit: my favorite comment from that article.

gmen0820 says:
    Jan 18, 2013 10:51 PM
    In the criminal and justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous.

Last edited by Eeth-my-Koth, Jan 19, 2013
  7. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Ah the most revolting tradition in sports.
  8. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    There were a couple Chiefs players who had said on the day of that they were really sorry for Jovan Belcher, but that **** got shut down fast. I understand mourning someone you knew as a friend, but when they're a proven murderer it's a little different.

BTW, the autopsy results came back on Belcher and showed he had a BAC of .17 (at 8am). No sign of traumatic brain injury. As I said at the time, unfortunately this sounds like a tragically common case of alcoholism and domestic arguments escalating to a horrible degree.
    Last edited by solojones, Jan 19, 2013
  9. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah from what I read he was partying all night.
    He probably came home and she was rightfully pissed. He failed as a father, a husband and a human being.
  10. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, having seen some of that IRL, and based on everything that had been reported, I pretty much figured that alcohol was going to be a big factor in this one. It's sad.
  11. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, just a matter of hours before we see if the 13-3 #1 seed playing at home in their dome can somehow find a way to upset an 11-4-1 team that hasn't won three in a row all season and that is playing with a QB making his 9th career start.
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    See, that's how I'd put it too. A lot of people here seem to think the Niners have the edge, but I definitely don't think so. I'm quite worried.
  13. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    I see it as this:

I simply wouldn't trust Mike Smith to win a game this big. Why did Atlanta blow a 20-point lead in the 4th quarter last week? Why did Atlanta even have to survive a last-second hail mary? Because Mike Smith is simply not a good head football coach.

The head coach position is the position where San Fransisco has their biggest advantage.
  14. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    That's true. And I know this great Atlanta team has still only managed to win one playoff game. But I'm still worried.
  15. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    You should be. It wouldn't be a fan experience if you weren't worried before a big game! :)
    DarthTunick likes this.
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Well, the last time I had a team to really root for in a Championship game was 1994, back when Joe Montana was our Chiefs QB and Tony Gonzales was still in college.

EDIT: Okay, not entirely true since I did root for the Niners last year, but I'd only seen some games. This year I've actually followed them properly.
    Last edited by solojones, Jan 20, 2013
  17. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Well, that's definitely not how we needed to start [face_plain]
  18. ma_petite Force Ghost

star 2
    Lol! The falcons are out to prove that they belong.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)
  19. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    After watching the Lakers lose (again), I know can fully pay attention to football... the Falcons already up 10-0? Ewww.
  20. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, I mean, I've been telling people since the beginning of the season that I thought the Falcons were going all the way this year. And as I said, I was definitely worried based on the performance in Seattle that Kaep wasn't going to be able to flash it up this week on the road in a loud dome (yeah, yeah, Seattle's not a dome but their stadium is designed to reflect noise back like one). Ugh.
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The Falcons aren't playing around today. Playing with a big chip on their shoulders.
  22. tom Chosen One

star 6
    well, now i'm glad i'm stuck at work.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  23. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Is there a television there in which you can watch the game?
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    no sir. i should be able to catch most of the second half on my lunch break though.
  25. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Ahhh, that's something at least. 17-14... good to see the 49'ers making a game of this.