Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.
For a little while there, I thought Harbaugh was going to have an aneurysm.
I think the likelier things that happened to the 49ers slow start were:
1) West coast team playing an early east coast game
2) Young QB on the road in the playoffs for the first time
3) #2 combined with that crowd
4) #3 combined with the dome
also atlanta apparently plays really good at the beginning of games.
"I WANT CAKE NOW!"
Wait, was that him being angry about something or happy about something? It's impossible to tell with Jim.
I think it's because Joe Staley threatened to set Matt Ryan on fire at halftime.
Well I fell asleep and the 49ers come back to win it. Wish I didn't fall asleep...
That was definitely not even one I saw coming. Now I would be happy if the Ravens made it in because I think we'd have a better shot at beating them. But I also don't think that's going to happen here. We'll see.
Jumping ship? The Chiefs had won 6 games in 2 years before he asked to be traded. Did you honestly expect him to stick around for such a poorly run team?
Also, when did you start rooting for the 49ers?
She's been rooting for the 49ers at least all year and I thought she was a little bit last year too.
Russell Wilson's agent apparently has forgotten the rules of the current CBA for rookies.
Edit:Point Given, I thought Tony G joined the Cards Falcons because he was a free agent at the time, not because he was traded.
Edit2: Okay, I was wrong, he was traded.
Evidently I need a new brain.
Talk about jumping ship.
Tony G joined the Cards? When?
Yeah, I did last year and definitely all this year. The Chiefs are still my #1 team by far, but I wanted to root for a team that's also actually in the state I'm in as well. And the Niners weren't exactly expected to be great last year either, so it's really not a bandwagon thing so much as wanting to have some teams in my community to root for. I have a lot of friends from NorCal and my boyfriend's family are Niners fans.
With Tony G, it was more his attitude that he wanted to move to a new team to win a playoff game when a big reason we'd lost playoff games was because he hadn't played well in them at all. I just kind of feel like if you want to play on a winning team, you should help make your team better, not just hitch onto a team that's already good. I don't hate him, nothing at all like my mom does for instance. I even get his decision and that we traded him. But that doesn't mean I have to wish him success on a different team. I want him to be remembered as a Chief, not a guy who helped the Falcons win a Super Bowl.
My take on the 2 remaining possible Super Bowl match up's:
1) San Francisco vs. Baltimore: My dream match up, since I don't inherently dislike either team. I would also really enjoy Ray Lewis' last game being in the Super Bowl, and I've always had a soft spot for the city of Baltimore (for 2 reasons: 1) For 10+ years, a barber at the barber shop my family went to had a barber there who hailed from Baltimore... had many, many conversations with him over the years about Baltimore sports; 2) The first drama I ever started to watch back in the day was Homicide: Life on the Street, which is set in Baltimore. It remains one of my favorite all time shows). Sure, the Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh angle will be overplayed, but it's still a great match up.
2) San Francisco vs. New England: Though my dislike of the Patriots has lessened a bit since Super Bowl XLII, I still don't actively root for them, so this would provide (obviously) a team to root against in 2 weeks, which would make the day a bit more interesting (though I want a Niners/Ravens Super Bowl, it would be odd to not have a team to root against). Plot line wise, having Brady/Belichick appearing in their 6th Super Bowl/going for their 4th title against the 49'ers (ie: the Brady vs. Montana legacy debate) would be more more fascinating from a football perspective than Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh.
That was an awesome direct snap call on 4th down for NE.
AND THE PATRIOT KILLER STRIKES AGAIN
I think Pollard just killed Ridley.
Oh wow, this is happening!
That was one hell of a hit. Ravens on a roll now.
not surprising at ridley not returning. at all. and the sad part of it is that ridley was at fault for his head being hit like that because he ducked.
Brady was just Bradying! LOL
well, the patriots aren't doing what they need to win this game right now. at all.
Thanks John Madden.