Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    LOL I just texted this too!
  2. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I...I'm cheering for the Ravens and I feel really dirty.
  3. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Me too...

Ahahaha! I was just coming in here to type for y'all to not count the Pats out (so you don't jinx it and they win or something) but Brady just threw and interception so I changed my post!
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    wasn't counting them out, just commenting on the way they'd been playing. ;)

and yea... that INT pretty much just sealed it probably. brady just seems to have lost his mojo in the clutch since the spygate thing happened. which is just kinda weird.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Jan 20, 2013
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Meanwhile, over at Bill Simmons' house... :

[IMG]
  7. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
  8. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Wow, did someone replace Tom Brady with Peyton Manning for this game? Yikes.

Well Ray Lewis is going to get to end his career in the Super Bowl. I have such mixed feelings on that.

Also, lol, f-bomb totally just dropped on TV. I'm not sure what they expect when they have mics on the sideline.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  9. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    no, that was brady being brady for the last however many years it's been. this has happened repeatedly to him in the playoffs at one point or another. one of the main reasons that the pats haven't won another SB.
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Just what are your feelings/thoughts on the career of Ray Lewis, Rachel?
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Harbaugh bowl should be a fun time for the media.
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    were i to guess, i'd say it's probably something related to whatever his part in the murders back after the SB they won was, tunick..

annnnd brady yet again screws up. seriously, WTH happened to brady? i honestly believe brady is the only reason the pats haven't won another SB. because he just keeps screwing up.
  13. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, Ray Lewis' last stand..this will be a wild two weeks!
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Looks like Flacco's going to finally get over that AFC Championship hump.

Similar mixed feelings about Ray Lewis @solojones

That's probably the same scene at James Harrison's house as well. Remember the "Ravens will never get to the Superbowl?" remarks he's said over the years?

Edit: @Trimaj him beating that murder rap was before the Raven's 2000 Superbowl run.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 20, 2013
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    was it? i thought it was just after it. guess it was the year before then, because i know it was right after a Super Bowl.
  16. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i feel like i'm picking on you tonight, but this is a pretty silly statement. i mean brady is a huge part of why they've been so close so many times. if you replaced him with aaron rodgers or drew brees then sure, maybe they would have won a few more. but try to imagine replacing him with someone who they realistically could have acquired in the past several years, and tell me they would have been in a better position to win a super bowl.
  17. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    Luck, check. Manning, check. Brady, check. One more game and Ray can potentially walk away with another ring.

Great story lines entering the Super Bowl week. Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, West Coast vs. East Coast. Yeah, good stuff.
  18. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Peyton Manning vs the Ravens - 28/43, 2 Int, 290 yds, 3 TDs, 88.3 rating, and a loss in double overtime
    Tom Brady vs the Ravens - 29/54, 2 Int, 320 yds, 1 TD, 62.3 rating, and a loss in regulation
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  19. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Yeah, I think it was actually after a SB party in 2000 if my memory is correct.

Edit- tapatalk on the fritz, sry for any double posts etc.
  20. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
  21. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ya know, these playoffs have pretty spectacularly sucked up to this point for me, but it was almost worth it for this...

lol @ Tom Brady
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jan 20, 2013
    xblackout and s65horsey like this.
  22. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    not saying they could have really had a better QB, particularly for their system, but brady's turnovers have killed them more than once. that's all i meant by it.

so i'm not the only one who says post 2k SB. and yea, at a party the week after i think.
  23. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    It always amuses me how much Ray Lewis overdramatizes everything.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i am torn between this and harbowl.
  25. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    The thing with Ray Lewis.. on the whole I'm inclined to like the guy (dramatic as he is) and think that he presently seems like a really good dude. The murder thing is obviously always going to be there, though. But the thing is, it's not nearly as cut and dried as people who hate him like to think. In honesty, to me it sounded like a case of self defense in a fight that got way out of hand, and that Lewis' biggest sin in all that was the obstruction of justice. And he got the maximum penalty for that. Did he get some special treatment because of being famous? Of course. But at the same time, regular people get plea deals all the time. And in the end, the other two guys were acquitted on the grounds of self-defense.

None of that minimalizes how awful it was that Lewis was part of a fight that wound up with two people dead, or that he at first tried to lie about it. But by the same token, none of that stuff changes the good things he's done since or his place as a great football player. The way people talk about him, you'd think he was OJ, and that just isn't so.
    Last edited by solojones, Jan 20, 2013
    heels1785 and DarthTunick like this.