Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i woudn't use baugh. it would reflect poorly on sammy baugh. whom i was trying to figure out why in the world you were referencing BTW.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    From my last FB status update:

San Francisco vs. Baltimore! An excellent, excellent Superbaugh... Ray Lewis' last stand, the incredible run of Kaepernick, sibling rivalry & Joe Flacco flipping off (for now) all the doubters. Bring on February 3rd!

I couldn't be more excited for this Super Bowl... it's a really great match up, one with many (even if some do get overplayed) intriguing & fascinating story lines. Super Bowl XLVII will also mark the 10th straight Super Bowl in which me & my brother will be watching the game at our buddy Brian's house, a tradition I'm so happy we've kept going... I can't ******* wait until February 3rd. :D
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Went to Wikipedia, the murders happened after a SuperBowl XXXIV party in 2000. Ray Lewis and the Ravens went on to win the SuperBowl the following year.

Edit: LOL at Belicheat being too much of a sore loser to give CBS an interview.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 20, 2013
  4. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

It's also admirable in my view the respect he's been able to command from so many others in the league over time... not that many players can accomplish such a feat.
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    belicheck would never do an interview if he wasn't forced to.
  6. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    That's because he is a tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    LloydChristmas and Rox like this.
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Oh no, an NFL coach didn't give a lame, mostly useless tv interview (all of them are annoying)? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  8. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Belichick was prepared- he wore a scarf over his mouth so no one could hear him anyway. It's okay, Bill, we know you're always frowning anyway. :p
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    First time in 9 seasons we have an AFC rep not the Colts, Pats or Steelers.

2003 Pats
    2004 Pats
    2005 Steelers
    2006 Colts
    2007 Pats
    2008 Steelers
    2009 Colts
    2010 Steelers
    2011 Pats

Pretty incredible. In fact this will be the first Super Bowl I've seen without one of those teams in it.
    Last edited by MarcusP2, Jan 20, 2013
    DarthTunick and MASTERPRENN like this.
  10. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I don't know about you guys but I'm personally very excited about the forthcoming two solid weeks of featurettes about the Harbaugh brothers' childhood and sanctimonious scriptural treatises from Ray Lewis. It's gonna be great.
    MASTERPRENN and LloydChristmas like this.
  11. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    Just happy there's fresh blood in the Super Bowl. Nice to see teams that haven't been in awhile get a crack at it. Should be more like that, if you ask me.
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Yeah, that's definitely nice. I hadn't really realized it had been only Pats, Steelers, and Colts for so long in the AFC. Yikes.
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Not from my perspective. :p

Kind of surprising though since the NFL has the most level playing ground of the three big leagues. Shows you how big it is to draft a franchise quarterback.
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Root for a team in the NFC. With the exception of the Giants, it seems like for the last fifteen years, there's been a new team from the NFC in the Super Bowl every year.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 21, 2013
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Which is so true and what I keep saying. The QB is the second most important single player on a sports team in any US sport, just after the goalie in hockey.
  16. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Since Super Bowl XXXI, only 3 NFC franchise's have made multiple appearances in the Super Bowl: Packers (XXXII, XLV), Rams (XXXIV, XXXVI), and Giants (XXXV, XLII, XLVI).
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'd completely forgotten about the Rams going twice when I originally put the fifteen year mark, so more like over the last decade there's only been the Giants that have gone to the Super Bowl more than once.
  18. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Yes and the NFC West has had every team go once in the last 12 years. Power division! :p
  19. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I was interested in this post, but you used Roman numerals and really ruined it for me.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  20. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Vegas opens with the Niners 4.5 point favorites, O/U at 49. I like the Niners by a bit more than that, probably around 10.
  21. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I was thinking Niners at 6 or 7.
  22. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Are you kidding me? The use of Roman numerals for each Super Bowl is one of the coolest things about it, as I see it. The logo's used to be great, too:

[IMG]

Look at that variety! Some aren't as good as others, but at least some thought was put into them. Now we get this standardized garbage:

[IMG]

Completely unimaginative.
  23. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Most of those old Super Bowl logos look like crap, though.
    MASTERPRENN likes this.
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

I'd still rather have those than a plain, silver Terminator like font.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jan 21, 2013