Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Harbaugh had his eye on Kaepernick all along, even before he took the Niners head coaching job. Alex Smith was never going to be the future QB for the Niners under Harbaugh. And ironically, you can also give Andrew Luck some credit for scouting Kaepernick for Harbaugh (Both QB's were at the Manning academy). :p

Interesting article regarding all of this:

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/ostler/...-Kaepernick-in-2011-4218962.php#photo-4077921

"If the scouts weren't impressed, Luck apparently was. He and Kaepernick became pals, and when Luck returned to Stanford, Harbaugh asked him if he'd seen anyone who looked good.

Oh yeah, Luck said. Colin Kaepernick.

Andrew Luck: the Bay Area gift that keeps on giving.

In picking Luck's brain, was Harbaugh thinking and plotting ahead one year, to when he might be an NFL coach for a team in need of a good young quarterback? Who knows?

Fast forward to the following spring. Harbaugh gets the 49ers' job, decides Alex Smith will be his quarterback for the present, but what about the future?

That's when Harbaugh and Baalke head to Reno."
  2. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Kaepernick can also probably thank Luck for deciding to stay at Stanford that extra year when Harbaugh took the 49ers job.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    And yet, sadly, he's probably right and more honest about that sad fact than 99% of the league would be.
  6. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I really hope someone on the Ravens is secretly gay, and proceeds to thrash the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
  7. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Another reason to root against the Niners :)
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    yeah, because the only ignorant moron professional athlete in the world plays for the 49ers! a win for the wise and virtuous ravens is sure to be a victory for gay rights and human decency.
  9. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    God this is the worst Super Bowl ever! I hate these teams! :( damned no matter who I root for!
  10. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I more just like the idea of a closeted Ray Rice breaking the guy's face and then giving a post-game interview announcing he likes dudes.
  11. tom Chosen One

star 6
    that was super bowl 30 for me. steelers and cowboys, ugh. but when the 49ers started being terrible i pretty much stopped caring about the super bowl. this will be the first one i've watched in 12 years.
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Giants vs Ravens in 2001 is more or less a forgettable one for me. The only reason I remember it at all is that my ex invited me to a mini - Super Bowl party with him and his parents that night. I'm willing to bet to this day his dad still calls that Super Bowl 'rigged' with the way the Giants choked in it.
  13. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I can do that with baseball. But I love football. I look forward to the Super Bowl no matter who is playing. This is just that rare year where there is no team I hate more so I could root for the other.
  14. tom Chosen One

star 6
    tbh i probably would have watched every super bowl but i've been working weekends for the last 12 years. this is just the first time i've cared enough to get the day off.
  15. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

It's the opposite for me: I like both teams, so as long as the game isn't a blowout, the end result doesn't matter to me. As for past Super Bowl's, the last one I was flustered about going in was for Super Bowl XXXV. I watch every year, though, because Super Bowl Sunday is in the top 5 of my list of favorite day's of the year. Super Bowl XLVII will mark the 10th straight Super Bowl that me & my brother will have watched with our buddy Brian at his place... it's been a great tradition of ours, even if some of the games were up to par.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jan 30, 2013
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    the two most forgetable SBs for me were the pats/eagles, and pats/panthers. just really... bleh games.

oh. the steelers seahawks. i forgot about that one. probably because i didn't even bother watching it.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Tunick rooting for SF team is odd.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Both of those games were close in the 4th, with Pats/Panthers being decided by a Vinatieri field goal. Not exactly bleh (even if they started that way) bleh games. :p
  19. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Pats/Panthers was the worst 3 and half quaters ever. Then the greatest ending ever. Maybe not ever, but it was real good.

My least fave Super Bowls were broncos/Niners, broncos/falcons, broncos/redskins, packers/steelers, bucs/raiders.
    Last edited by Eeth-my-Koth, Jan 30, 2013
  20. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i found them boring because of the teams involved. while i hated the pats, i was extremely meh about the other two teams. and i just couldn't see them having a chance at beating the pats, so i just didn't bother. i honestly didn't even watch the second half of the panthers game, because i was so utterly bored. i did at least watch the eagles game, and in probably the only time i'll ever do so, i still side with TO on what happened with mcnabb. especially after how insanely hard owens worked to get on that field.
  21. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Well you missed an amazing end.
  22. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    Last edited by Trimaj, Jan 30, 2013
  23. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    After asking twenty-seven people, I finally got someone to sub for me on Sunday! [face_party]
    Trimaj, tom and DarthTunick like this.
  24. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Cor is a Niners fan? There's another reason! [IMG]
    Last edited by Eeth-my-Koth, Jan 30, 2013
  25. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm sensing a bit of a pattern here... Not a Bronco's fan?
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jan 30, 2013
  26. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Not a bronco hater. But I wasn't a fan of those matchups. You'll note I didn't list broncos/giants or broncos/packers. Those were desirable matchups IMO.