Arena The (un)Official NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    If you rewatch that 4th down play again, you will see Gore completely missed the ravens lineman right up the center in Kapernicks face, forcing him to throw early and high. The ball was uncatchable.
    The Niners made mistakes, including terrible passing in the red zone, and the refs were consistent throughout the game: they let them play. It was old school. I loved it.

Monster rating too(a 50????).
    Last edited by ShaneP, Feb 4, 2013
  2. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    50! Damn!

Yeah @DarthHutt whining over refs betting and stuff is assanine. I'm sure the NFL wants the murderer, Ray Lewis, front and center. A return to glory for the Niners would be better for the NFL image.
  3. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    If you have evidence that Ray Lewis is a murderer then you might want to consult with the Atlanta district attorney. I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing it. It was scummy, but anyone that says he was a murderer without offering proof can please be quiet. And the gay bashing 49'ers would be great for the NFL image? 'NFL: Gays need not apply unless you're in the closet.' Say what you want about the team, but the murderer thing is really grating and stupid. I'm not excusing his stupidity it just strikes me as a cheap shot.
    anidanami124 likes this.
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I should have put that in quotes. I was more meaning that the NFL doesn't want a perceived murderer based on America's feedback. Right or wrong, perception is reality.
  5. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    A snowy Super Bowl would be awesome.
    Last edited by Captain Tom Coughlin, Feb 4, 2013
    Juliet316 likes this.
  6. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Juliet316 Bonanza Winner

star 8
    I'm guessing part of the rating is due to the fact that people probably heard about the blackout and tuned into see what it was about.

Here's one of what will probably be many YouTubes about the outage being put up in the coming days:

8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    All that needs to be done for next year's halftime show is for Chris Christie to do a hot dog eating challenge.
  9. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    LOL, so you are only allowed to put 2 and 2 together and then state your opinion IF you have actual/physical proof? Okay.
  10. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    There is much I don't agree on with FiD but on this one I'm going to side with him.
  11. Juliet316 Bonanza Winner

star 8
    Regardless of proof of whether he did or didn't do those murders, I do think he knows far more about what happened that night than he will ever tell anybody, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

Edit: So since Joe Flacco's now offically a Free Agent, how much do you think the Ravens are going to shell out to keep him?
    Last edited by Juliet316, Feb 4, 2013
  12. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Catchable ball doesn't matter for defensive holding.
  13. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I know that. Still good no-call. And Crabtree's hand pushed on the Raven's helmet. They did that all night. It was consistent with how they let them play. It was good to see.
    Last edited by ShaneP, Feb 4, 2013
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  15. Juliet316 Bonanza Winner

star 8
  16. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    I'm still feeling down about yesterday, but these cheered me up a bit.
  18. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  19. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think he at least deserves Peyton Manning money. In just five seasons Joe has as many post season victories (9) as Manning.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  21. Juliet316 Bonanza Winner

star 8
    And as many Super Bowls (1), and with his younger age, and actual weapons at the running game, he has a resonable chance of getting back to the big game.
  22. Juliet316 Bonanza Winner

star 8
  23. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I'm a bit down about losing, but you know, the thing is that it's still a really exciting era for the Niners. Last year when I decided to start rooting for them, they'd been awful. I didn't expect much, I just wanted to support a local team along with my community. Even if they were bad.

And Jim Harbaugh has completely turned that around in these two years. It's incredible. I think he's the best head coach in the NFL right now. And we have a young team, and when Kaepernick learns to control the clock better and put some touch on his passes when needed, he's going to be incredible. I expect to be back in the Super Bowl very soon. I could only dream of having that kind of turn around in KC as well.

And Cor, those art links were awesome. My roommates are Bengals fans, so I definitely have to show them this one:
    [IMG]
    Last edited by solojones, Feb 5, 2013
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    eh, he pushed off because the guy was hanging all over him. they showed the play about a thousand times, it was pretty obvious. it was a bad no-call imo, but far from the sole reason that the niners lost. and as you say they had been letting them play for most of the game.
  25. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    I still don't why the Niners didn't run it at least once more with Gore or Kaep in their final three plays.